Minx 52 for 2020

I've no idea what that is, but it seems to fit the theme, Alison :)
Geocaching is a cross between treasure hunting and hunt the thimble. A cache is a container that contains a logbook and sometimes swaps (small toys/collectables) one person hides it and publishes it co-ordinates and others try to find it using sat navs so they can sign the log book. Adds a bit of fun to a walk, not restricted to the woods there are many in urban areas too. Swaps are the treasure for children and should be exchanged not just taken so there is always something for the next person.

Thanks for clearing that up Alison (y)

Ooooh Geocaching! Not done that for years!

Nice pix.

Lovely high key shot but I confess I have no idea what the title is!:cool:

Well I am not telling you yet but you will groan, and I can guarantee you have heard of it.

Winter. A lovely snowdrop shot.
Book. No idea what the book is but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Prickly balls?
:D
No idea Alison, but a nice image none the less.

Interesting take on the theme, no idea on the book :)

Same here... racking my brains but no idea. Fascinated to find out. Good shot btw.. :)

Hi Alison,
Liking your shot for Ability. I have tried several times to find those local to me but without success.
Nice shot for Winter too. The Snowdrops are a perfectly photogenic subject for the theme.
Interesting shot for your book. I have no idea what it is. It looks a touch on the blue side to me (could be my monitor?).

Book - Nice High Key image Alison no idea on the book (unless Rob is right)

Come on Alison, put us out of our misery re the book title.

Nice Image tho,

Pete

Thanks eveyone for your comments

Hi Alison,
Liking your shot for Ability. I have tried several times to find those local to me but without success.
Nice shot for Winter too. The Snowdrops are a perfectly photogenic subject for the theme.
Interesting shot for your book. I have no idea what it is. It looks a touch on the blue side to me (could be my monitor?).

It is a touch blue, I took several and they looked white on the camera but they all came out darker on the computer good old photoshop but maybe I did't take it far enough.

book - full marks for technique and obscure title (y)

Fenced

Fenced
by Alison White, on Flickr

The Osterley Cork Oak. One of the Great Trees of London Awarded by Trees for Cities in November 2008.

Fenced in to protect its cork Bark

Last edited:
Transport - Ah, Brunel's Three Bridges in Hanwell, his last project before his death.
That's probably the best angle possible, capturing all 3 modes of transport, unless you can get down to the trackbed (for which you'd need permission from NR (not going to happen). The track is nicely framed by the road bridge supports and you get a good view along the canal to the next lock.

Fenced - It's certainly protected there. Nicely taken into the light, well exposed even though backlit.

Transport very cleverly thought out and caught Alison, its all there (y)

Fenced, straight to the point And a nice back story, too.
I know how fragile Cork barks are, I have a cork bark bonsai elm .
One of my favourites and I'd hate anyone climbing on that either.

Loving your transport shot Alison. So well composed to capture all those modes of transport.

Good fenced shot too. I've not seen a cork barked tree except at Osbourne House.

Transport creates an interesting series of lines with the bridge, fence etc.
Nice textures for fence.. bang on theme.

Back