Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Part Deux

Day 280 - Father Jack went to Hell

Oh the joy of spending a large amount of your working life in bar, clubs and hotels where people are drinking alcohol like it's going to dry up in the morning and as always work means it's no alcohol time again :(

280/366 (645) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Loving the Dodo shot but that pint on the table is more appealing lol !! Brilliant

Thanks Vince :D I'm very pleased with how both of these have come out (y) though the pint is a favourite as I love B&W but don't seem to do it very often :shrug:

Day 281 - Who's this then?

I've decided that nearly 650 days into this challenge I need a little bit of company in my challenge so for the time being I'm going to introduce Ted (I don't know his real name yet) (or is Ted a he?) but he decided to sit on my garden wall to have a look at the garden...So every so often, not every day as unlike me Ted has a life ;) he/she will come out to play with me while taking photos :D

281/366 (646) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

So name suggestions on a post card :D or if you want just post them below ;)

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 282 - Rainy Day's.....

....can still be photo days (y) these are just some leaves in my garden but they're brought to life by the little drops of rain water (y)

282/366 (649) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Dodo re-shoot - Much nicer pic Matt, he looks quite surprised too !!!

Teddy Name... Ermm, keeping it on theme sort of - DJ Raeb or Raeb JD (DJ Bear backwards :D)

Rainy Days - Very nice (y)

Thanks mate, you not the only one to say that he looks scared :D glad you like to todays and that will go into the name pot :D

vince31 said:
Rainy days is a classic and very well taken ............Photography a great way of making the sunshine on a gloomy day !

Thanks Vince, I'm really pleased with the way that it has come out (y)

SamuelSlade007 said:
I love the vibrant freshness of the green leaves Matt..the droplets give it a morning dew quality.

Cheers Kev, I'm glad that you like it I see what you mean about the morning dew look :D

Hi Matt, glad to see the challenge still going strong. The last few pictures have been pretty cool, especially the pint shot, I really like that. The pint looks as desolate as your story sounds!

As for Ted...I think he should be called Ted after the movie. Maybe he will start talking to you but you may get home to find your house trashed :LOL:

Hi Matt, glad to see the challenge still going strong. The last few pictures have been pretty cool, especially the pint shot, I really like that. The pint looks as desolate as your story sounds!

As for Ted...I think he should be called Ted after the movie. Maybe he will start talking to you but you may get home to find your house trashed :LOL:

Hey Gary, yeah the pint was one that I was pleased with :D it was a bit of a naff night out but then it was work :shrug: I can trash the house all on my own without assistance :LOL:

Day 283 - Ready, Steady and..........compose

So there were calls to see Ted from the front to help get an idea of a name for him/her so I thought that I should show that he is ready for the 12inch challenge and is really looking forward to it :woot:

283/366 (648) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Hi Matt,

like vintage Ted (name TBC!) and his little film camera.

I done a quick google and found this:

http://www.bear-dictionary.com/Teddy-Bear-Names.html

I spotted Orion on there and thought of your star trails. Maybe a constellation name would suit him/her?

Gary

Thanks Gary, I was actually going to go out this evening with said little camera and the 5D and get some sunsets as just looking now out the window it was a stunning one but my medication that I look at lunch time decided they actually wanted to start working at about 4:30-5ish and as a result I didn't get to leave the house :( so decided to set this shot up in between trips to the loo :annoyed:

A cross process filter seems appropriate to this one :D

I'm looking forward to your 12 challenge... hopefully you will circum to the wonders of throw aways and will accept a fair (£150) offer for your mkIII :)

:D I'm looking forward to seeing what I get out of the film, if I get one decent photo I'll be a happy bunny :D

Day 284 - Success? Well Hopefully...

I really have been out and about this afternoon with this little single use taking a few photo's be interesting to see the results as the light was awful :(

284/366 (649) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

I hope a light or star trail get done :D

Well that would be fun, I'm not sure one can be done with on of these little things, though if there is a way to fudge one to allow me to do it I'm happy to give it a try :D

There must be a way... I don't recall, are they fixed exposure times ?? or can an ND filter be used ?? surely it would increase the exposure if only by a tiny bit

To be honest I've not a clue, today was the first film I'm used in about 12 years, the previous being APS Kodak in a little point and shoot :D

Got to be worth a try :)

I think so :D have just had a weak moment and gone and brought myself a set of EL wire :bang: only went onto Amazon to buy a new card reader :bonk: but also happened to order EL Wire in Blue, Green and Red :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Amazon is lethal to anybodys wallet... all too easy to add to basket or '1 click' :D

It really is, I'm just in the process of getting a load of toy's sorted out for my northern extravaganza in December, going to bring light painting to the northern TP massive :D

Sounds good... the nights are getting right already, don't know where the hell the summer went :(

What is this summer you talk of? I've read about it, not experienced one for a long time :cautious:

Day 285 - Ever Ready ;)

The boy scout in me is coming out, as we enter into my favourite period of the year the last thing I want is some night shooting to be scuppered by a flat battery so the battery in the receiver unit of my wireless trigger has been replaced with surprisingly expensive little battery

285/366 (650) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Back