My 52, attempt No. 3

Name
nathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Well... I successfully completed 52 in 2015, had a break in 2016, determined to start 2017, flopped almost immediately.

This year I will do my very best to complete a decent 52 which should be at least a little pleasing on the eye, I've changed my phone recently and genuinely astonished with the quality of the images coming from it (Galaxy S8) so maybe a few here and there being taken with this nifty and handy little snapper besides my 60d.

So... Bit of a cheating one,
1. Because this is an image I took in October and as it's only 'Week 0' I thought I'd submit it to ensure I get it going and
2. Because it's not strictly 'My Area', its around 8 miles from my home but a regular haunt.

I will likely get another snap for 'My Area' submitted in this week as I am fortunate to have some pretty spectacular views and sunsets from my home, which, should I capture it well, would 'fit in' nicely to this theme.

Anyway

Week 0 - My Area

Wales' Witches Point by Nathan Browning, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Pete, Its called Dunraven Bay/Witches Point (otherwise known as southerndown) in Bridgend.

Nice looking place, looking towards Nash Point, I can see the lighthouse there when in our Caravan on the Somerset Coast.

Pete

Nicely stitched together Pano. I guess the sky does give it away a bit, with the slightly darker area front and centre, but actually to me that helps give it a greater range of colour and tone. (y)
Looks lovely on a day like that, but I bet it can be really wild when the wind picks up.

I see Dave has already mentioned the lack of link. It took me a while to find this thread, if it were to have slipped off the bottom of the front page, it would probably get ignored - which would be a shame with such a nice shot.

Great week 0 post. The cliffs seem to stretch on forever. I imagine a long exposure would work wonderfully here in future to and make the right side of the image even more minimalist. Great start and by the looks of it a great area for photography.

Hi Nathan, you need to make a link to bring members from the Main post to here so they can comment, this will help :)

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/adding-a-linky-to-your-post-or-page.109/

Knew I forgot something. I have for now placed in my signature, I will from now on post in Images thread too, thanks for heads up

Your area shot is a lovely sot too, good colours and the letter box crop really suits it, and welcome to the 52 :)

Thank you Dave

Nice looking place, looking towards Nash Point, I can see the lighthouse there when in our Caravan on the Somerset Coast.

Pete

Yup that's the badger, it's a lovely coastal walk along the entire stretch there, that day in particular we had walked to and from the '2nd Valley' you see in the picture.

Lovely photo, great light and a place to add to my visit in 2018 list!

Yes you must. One of my favourites, and I'm very fortunate to have it as close to me as it is.

Ahhh southerndown .... is this a location used by Dr who?

I'm not a fan I'm afraid but I do believe large portions of the 'Glamorgan Heritage coast' have been used, of which this is part of.

Nicely stitched together Pano. I guess the sky does give it away a bit, with the slightly darker area front and centre, but actually to me that helps give it a greater range of colour and tone. (y)
Looks lovely on a day like that, but I bet it can be really wild when the wind picks up.

I see Dave has already mentioned the lack of link. It took me a while to find this thread, if it were to have slipped off the bottom of the front page, it would probably get ignored - which would be a shame with such a nice shot.

Damn you got me ;) I do have a wide angle but for a walking day a standard 17-50mm does me, Nice to see your still in it too. And yes you can't even hear yourself when the wind picks up there. Thanks for the comments

VERY nice Nathan, wonderful light and a fantastic view and that ultra wide crop tops it off nicely, looking forward to the rest of your 52, even if you do use a phone occasionally :naughty:

Less of the lip about the phone now, Have you seen the images from it? Oh and it has full manual features :O :)

Thanks for stopping by though.

Welcome back to the 52 corner, that is a great image and another nice blue sky to remind me that now and then we do get the odd bit of good weather.

Thank you lovely. Yes we are lucky on the odd occasion.

Great week 0 post. The cliffs seem to stretch on forever. I imagine a long exposure would work wonderfully here in future to and make the right side of the image even more minimalist. Great start and by the looks of it a great area for photography.

They do indeed, that's a good idea actually. I had a 10 stop last year for Christmas and I've never used it, this would be a prime spot now you have said.

Welcome back Nathan

Fab pano ... (y)

Cheers d00d

Week 0 - nice panorama - 8 miles just a morning stroll from home then :)

Back