• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks to @ajophotog for the new theme, which is very broad for us all to start trawling the archives.
Rules are, as before, almost the same as for the film version but slightly tweaked:

- Entries must be taken by you
- Must be taken on a digital camera of some sort (not a digital scan of a film neg)
- Must have been taken and post-processed prior to the start date of the challenge ie in this case before 24th February 2024
- Please include details of the camera, lens, and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back, and if linking to Flickr etc please leave exif available to view
- One Entry per person
- Discussion in the discussion thread rather than the Entries thread, please.
- Shoehorning and even Crowbars are positively encouraged!

Entries will close approximately two weeks after the challenge starts, at 23:59 on 9th March, and voting will be open for 5 days after that. The winner gets to set the next challenge.

Entries only in this thread please

I guess someone has to start the ball rolling.......

This is a small bronze casting of an Eurasian short-clawed otter which SWMBO made on a course a few years ago - made by the lost wax process. It is about 4.5" end to end.

These creatures are very playful and often have a "favourite stone" which they carry about and play with - this is what is being clasped to the chest.

Camera details etc on Flickr.

(Small shoehorn used to include woman-made as well as man-made).

Otter (2) by John Liddle, on Flickr

Last edited:
Taken way back in May 2007 on a trip to Bath.

Nikon D50, Sigma 12-24 @ 12mm, f/9. Processed in Nikon Capture NX (2 ?).
I always enjoyed the grandeur of the church and how the tonality and sky came out. The bird was a nice piece of luck too.

7785399fa3ae4a8e37230b1a8100.jpg

Taken most likely in March 2021 - sorry there isn't any EXIF it doesn't exist on the jpeg. The clapper bridge at Postbridge, Devon. "Man made", a few hundred years ago.

From memory: Canon 6Dii | Sigma 24-35 f/2 | ISO 100 | f/11 | 0.3s

Defrosted by Brian H, on Flickr

Last edited:
Taken near the Vasco Da Gama centre Lisbon, Portugal on the 3rd January 2020 on a canon 450d with a EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens, 1/125 f22 ISO 400.
It's made from recycled wheelie bins.

IMG_1015.1.jpg

Up until now something has popped into my head when I saw what the challenges were, but this took a bit longer to find. :thinking: I think this shows how 'man' has made quite an extreme terrain habitable. Concrete, metal, glass and wood fill the whole scene.

The 'Streets' of Riomaggiore, Italy. 2018

Nikon D500, f8, 1/60thsec, Sigma 10-20mm @20mm ISO 1100
Streets of Riomaggiore resize.jpg

Here's one from my archive (2010), which for some reason I never uploaded onto Flickr.

Canon 40D
24-105 F/4L

Shot settings were:
1/1250 sec
F4
24mm
ISO 200

This was man made, then re-made into a race car which could beat most Ferrari's/Lamborghini's etc. to the end of the quarter mile! He might have even got close to breaking into the 10 seconds if he fitted a wheelie bar!

IMG_7345.jpg

Sorry everyone, been too busy! Poll coming shortly.

Back