weekly Nortdog's TP52 For 2014 - Week 27 Rich

The first smoke shot for me although I like the idea if the second.

HI ya

not going to crit either shot as way better than anything I managed...

#1,....love the color and it being on the horizontal
#2....smokin.....( in my best Jim Carey voice....very spooky :clap:

HI ya

not going to crit either shot as way better than anything I managed...

#1,....love the color and it being on the horizontal
#2....smokin.....( in my best Jim Carey voice....very spooky :clap:
Thanks very much Lynne. :)

Well ive found it hard this week, couldnt think of anything original! I signed up for a challenge and its been that so far on a few themes, On the plus side im getting plenty of practice trying different lighting on still life which up to the point of taking on this challenge i hadn't done that much.

IMG_7436
by Nortdog, on Flickr

I like this Adam (y) well lit, brings out the colours well, like the reflection. Possibly, for me, just a slight turn so its not just as straight on? :thinking:

Hi Adam, not sure about mineral I would have liked to see a closer shot of what looks a interesting slice of stone

great subject, great reflection. Well done from me. (y)

Nice pic and an interesting piece of rock, though the straight edge its sitting on seems a little unnatural

Hi Adam, just to echo what has been said above, the reflection and colours tones are very pleasing on the eye, good work (y)

Cheers guys for the feedback. Once I'd finished the shot and packed away I wondered wether a different angle would possibly work better :banghead: One to remember for next time, check different angles!

This week was a bit of a compromise, I was determined i was going to something other than a still life on a dark background, but the weather hasnt been playing. ideally i wanted an outdoor shoot but during the very brief moment of no rain, the sky was grey and washed out, so I came up with this! This is my sense of speed.

IMG_7482
by Nortdog, on Flickr

Can't knock that. Cetainly gives one a sense of speed. Well done.

Agree, certainly a sense of speed, great image Adam (y) getting the reflection in the door mirror works well :)

Thanks for the kind comments guys, took a while to think of something this week!

Hi
Liking reflection in Mineral
Great Sense of speed shot. Well done :clap:

Back