weekly -Paul-s 52 in 2014 'week 1' Linear

Good capture.

Crit already covered :)
On theme. Agree with other crit, plus could do with brightening a bit, I think.
I agree with every one else's comments.
The horizon has been mentioned and the lighting is a bit flat but the link to the theme is definitely there and captures a traditional British seaside scene.
Thanks for taking the time to comment and critique my picture guys and gals It's all been taken on board. Now learnt a bit more this week 'Critque your own pictures before posting them(y)'

Hi Paul

lovely summer scene for line , had a little play as sometimes it's easier to SEE what people are talking about....hope you don't mind & I'll take it down if you'd prefer.....

Went for a tighter letterbox type crop , got rid of that wonky pole , straightened & fiddled with levels a smidge...not the best edit but ok for a low res jpeg....View attachment 3635

Most crit mentioned and obviously on theme. I'd like to see a slightly more acute angle, target that side on...even thought it does show a line.

Cheers.

Hi Paul :wave:

Odd, what an odd name for a pub. I agree with Lynne about giving it a mono conversion, or even just tweaking the contrast/ blacks and whites to give it a lift as it is a tad flat. I like the beach shot for line, very British! Lynne's edit helps, that seems to draw more attention to the gentleman stood watching them go by (not a bad thing) (y)

Good luck with your 52. I'm sure you'll be a lot more computer savy very soon :)

Odd - agree it's a bit flat and could possibly do with a b&w conversion/angled approach but it's on theme.

Line - I would crop it so only the first 4 donkeys are in shot, take most of the foreground out and if possible straighten the horizon. Good idea though, and you needed to be in the right place at the right time. I thought about trying to get something similar with the cows at the back of the house (or the squirrels out the front) but decide it'd be too hard to choreograph!

Most crit mentioned and obviously on theme. I'd like to see a slightly more acute angle, target that side on...even thought it does show a line.

Cheers.
crit all done there buddy , nice take on the theme

Craig
Odd - agree it's a bit flat and could possibly do with a b&w conversion/angled approach but it's on theme.

Line - I would crop it so only the first 4 donkeys are in shot, take most of the foreground out and if possible straighten the horizon. Good idea though, and you needed to be in the right place at the right time. I thought about trying to get something similar with the cows at the back of the house (or the squirrels out the front) but decide it'd be too hard to choreograph!

Thanks for all the input guys and gals! It's much appreciated. One question though when somebody says that a picture is flat does this mean that it needs more contrast?

Hi Paul :)

Line - A good attempt again, just a few minor PP changes would transform that image, perfect subject for the theme :)

Hi Paul

lovely summer scene for line , had a little play as sometimes it's easier to SEE what people are talking about....hope you don't mind & I'll take it down if you'd prefer.....

Went for a tighter letterbox type crop , got rid of that wonky pole , straightened & fiddled with levels a smidge...not the best edit but ok for a low res jpeg....View attachment 3635
Got All what I was thinking there Lynne, especially the pole (y)

Back