Phil Bennett's 2018's Fifty-Two - (Wk22) Creatures added

Week 2 - People

Last week there was a multi band concert at the O2 Academy in Newcastle in aid of a local singer, Rodrigo BVevino (Roddy B), who last year passed away at the age of 42. All the money raised went to a fund to help local musicians "chase their dream", up to date there has been £3010 raised, not bad for a wet Wednesday night in Newcastle.

DSCF4507 by Hamerrockopuss, on Flickr

Phil

Good choice for the theme, I like the lighting and including the heads of the crowd fits the theme.

Love the silhouettes again the colours, looks an interesting band, were they playing "The devil goes down to Georgia" by any chance, one of my favorite count tracks, There are not many.

Great photo, works well with the silhouettes of the audience and the band in full light (y)

Love the silhouettes again the colours, looks an interesting band, were they playing "The devil goes down to Georgia" by any chance, one of my favorite count tracks, There are not many.

They did play it Pete, but Im not sure if this was the song. They are a Southern Rock cover band.

Phil

Works for me Sir, great idea and very well photographed.(y)

George.

Very cool :) really like the feel of this shot. Would have been even better if the singer was facing the to the camera I think.

Last edited:
Week 0 - Impressive house - nicely framed and good detail - I love fancy brickwork (from the Potteries) - but never knoew about this place when I was in Newcastle Uni
Week 1 - Again great structure and well composed - I suppose I was too busy working to take in the sights 35 years ago
Week 2 - Great shot for theme, events are not easy to get exposure right - well done

Nice idea for the theme

Clever and nicely arranged. I suspect you will have several more cheese-themed pictures before the year is out. ;)

Perfect for the theme and nicely composed, I think I must have been more tired than I realised when I first looked at it as it took me a moment to get it :facepalm:

That's fab :)

Hope your roof is ok missing a slate!

People
I like it, there's some nice colours in the lighting and it fits the theme.

Stark
I had thought about doing chalk and cheese, but I didn't have any chalk and I only have cheddar cheese (a bit boring).
You've set this up well and using different coloured chalk and types of cheese really helps.

Great idea for the theme, I got it as soon as I saw it :)
Well laid out and composed. Great vibrancy to the colours, even the pastels, which then contrasts well with the black slab. Certainly my favourite for Stark so far. :clap:

People theme is really good, wish I had knew about the concert, would have went myself.
Star image, now this is really like, great thinking about the subject in relation to the theme, brought a smile to my face, and the colours are nice, vibrant and contrasting.

That's a cracking live music shot Philip, real good colours and liking the crowd in silhouette :)

Stark.. now that is a fun idea, you cant get better than chalk and cheese for a stark contrast, again the colours and detail are real good, almost good enough to pick out of the screen (y)

I love the detail in your architectural photography from week 0 and week 1. Looking forward to more of your landscapes. This week's picture had be thinking, but I get it now that I've read your caption. Nice work, had be chuckling.

Back