weekly Phil the Juggler's 2018 '52 - Week 4 - Over

Great photo! Have you tried to pare it down even more? Cloning out the tree at the top of the frame would maybe have been an interesting option?

People - Lovely set of portraits and well put together nice one
Stark - thats a good strong image I like that you left the overhanging branch in.

Weeks 1 to 3 - Good shots - prefer the second version of the gate as a photo, the first is a nice piece of graphic design though. Looking forward to Week 4 - will drop back to see.
I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week, so this week you got lucky :)

Hi all

Many thanks for commenting! I'm going to upload 'Over' now and then go and comment on some threads!

Week 4 - Over

p2730305729-6.jpg

Week 4 - Over

I decided to go with 'game over' for this theme - originally I wanted all the pieces in the chessboard that are required for the check-mate scenario, but didn't like the photo aesthetically.

I used a gridded snoot for the hard directional lighting and then processed the shot in Silver Efex.

Hope you like it & thanks for looking.

Phil

Works for me too - good sillouhette

Much better chess set than I had to work with ;) Nicely done

Ha ha! Just seen your shot. I make a rule that I don't ever look at other people's shots before I've taken mine for the week!

Nice idea for the theme and a good shot too. Nice work

You've posted three original and well-processed images since my last visit, Phil. People is a collection of striking faces and I like the idea of combining them in the frame as you have. Stark is exactly that; an ideal subject, low point of view and high key processing working well together, and Over is an excellent take on the theme. I do like your arrangement of the pieces and it's also interesting to read about your lighting set-up, thank you (y)

You've posted three original and well-processed images since my last visit, Phil. People is a collection of striking faces and I like the idea of combining them in the frame as you have. Stark is exactly that; an ideal subject, low point of view and high key processing working well together, and Over is an excellent take on the theme. I do like your arrangement of the pieces and it's also interesting to read about your lighting set-up, thank you (y)

Many thanks for you detailed thoughts!

A great take on the over theme Phil, really like what you have come up with and the lighting emphasises the texture of the pieces. Well done.

Back