Photo52 2011 - Join In !!! - Week 52 and special bonus out now -

Sarah, did you put "Grunge" back in this year ;)... a perennial favourite eh ??

Simon's already taken care of that one.
It just wouldn't be a TP 52 without grunge would it? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i want to give this a go but i'm going to be away for 4 months this year with work, so there's not much point. :(

Of course there's a point!
You'll still get something out of it even if you only commit to 8 months . . . and you might even decide that you want to carry on and take the camera away with you for the 4 months, or maybe deviate from the themes and do your own thing for those months.

Thank you Simon for putting Week 1 up.
Good luck to all of you and have fun.

Good luck to those doing their own challenge rather than joining in with the themes too.

I am new to photography but I will do my best to post a picture every week this year, hoping it will help me increase my skills...

I might like to attempt this having been sadly remiss with my photography efforts of late, it may well be something I need ...

Well I've still allot to learn and always found it hard to get out with the camera due to lack of time and inspiration, but I think I'm gonna give this a try, it might be just the tonic my photography bug needs to get me shooting more often.

i want to give this a go but i'm going to be away for 4 months this year with work, so there's not much point. :(

Not sure where you are off to Alan "BUT"

If it's the FI there is more photography opp's there than anywhere I've been.
If it hot & sandy then there's still gonna be chances to shoot (not the SA80) as a rigger you should not even know how to use one properly:LOL:

Mick

Not sure where you are off to Alan "BUT"

If it's the FI there is more photography opp's there than anywhere I've been.
If it hot & sandy then there's still gonna be chances to shoot (not the SA80) as a rigger you should not even know how to use one properly:LOL:

Mick

If it is FI he can update us weekly with his ever expanding beer belly!!:LOL:

Yes, I'm in. 24 hours of thinking about it has overcome any doubt I had. I've rather slipped into a habit of not posting photos at this forum and whilst I'm happy with the fact that I take photos for my own entertainment, it'll do no harm for me to start posting images again.

Not sure about jumping in to this. Feel a little apprehensive, so might just 'lurk' for the first few weeks, if that's OK, just to get a feel for things.

Perhaps I should while away a few hours on last year's entries, just to see how it works.

I did a 365 over the year I was 18, last year and finished in september. I went along 365 different themes during my 365 so feel this is gonna be a doddle, but of course, I'm gonna be proved wrong! ha :p

Count me in :) x

Not sure about jumping in to this. Feel a little apprehensive, so might just 'lurk' for the first few weeks, if that's OK, just to get a feel for things.

Perhaps I should while away a few hours on last year's entries, just to see how it works.

David,

If you look back through the thread, there are a number of us who are a bit nervous about this, so you are not on your own. I would think that you could jump in whenever you are comfortable but don't think that everyone will be producing masterpieces - I won't - in fact, I think I will need to stretch the interpretation of the theme to get me through ;)

Don't be nervous about it, go for it. Get your shot done, and don't forget to visit each other threads and leave comment... You really want to be as honest as you can on each others shots, that's what it's all about, learning and improving after all.

I'll try, no promises mind ;), to look in on the threads again this year.

I am going to dive into this too. Thanks for organising.

Hello to all. New to the site and to slr photography, just wanted to ask wether we start a new thread for each week themed picture or just continue from the first weeks thread.
Many thanks in advance and good luck to all

If it is FI he can update us weekly with his ever expanding beer belly!!:LOL:

Ok f*** it I'll do it, its hot and sandy where I'm going but I'm taking my canon with me this time so will probably get some descent shots out there this time.

FI would be nice just for a change though!

Cheers guys!

Hello to all. New to the site and to slr photography, just wanted to ask wether we start a new thread for each week themed picture or just continue from the first weeks thread.
Many thanks in advance and good luck to all

Hi Andy.
Just carry on in the same thread, but once you add a new week's photo, go back to post number 1 and change the title of the thread to show the latest theme posted. (Open post 1, select edit, select "go advanced" and then you should be able to change the title)

The threads do get very long, so most of us split them into 2 parts last year and started a new thread from week 27.

I'm in too.

Sarah, you mentioned in someone's 52 last year that it helps to edit your thread title each week to show what week you are up to... how do you do that?

Thanks for organising this.

Doh, I'm such a slow typist... just seen your post two posts above.

Last edited:
I have decided to give this a go this year and keep my camera out of the bag instead of in it. Thanks for taking the time to organising this each week.
ken

VSS said:

See how it works? They post up a word. You have a think about it and then you shoot a picture that fits the word. Simples! Its really not very complicated. I would suggest you just get on with it. I think the sense of achievement from doing all 52 will be extremely satisfying to you and will be much more rewarding than if you miss a few. :)

Go for it!

Dub

P.s. If you are lacking in confidence you could always take them and not post them until you are ready to do so.

can someone tell me how to get into the sub menu for this im having difficulty finding it

mat

Just realised it's a terrible idea to look at other peoples threads before you have taken your own picture for that week :). I haven't worked out what I am going to shoot yet and when I try to think about it all i can think of is snails! :)

Just realised it's a terrible idea to look at other peoples threads before you have taken your own picture for that week :). I haven't worked out what I am going to shoot yet and when I try to think about it all i can think of is snails! :)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: It is indeed. Last year a lot of 52ers actually set themselves a rule that they wouldn't look at other people's shots until they'd done their own.

It does mean that some of the early posters may have to be patient though. If like last year most people leave it until the weekend after the theme's announced to post - those who got their shots in at the beginning of the week will have a little wait for critique.

Ended up ducking out last year after 8 weeks or so. May as well start again and see how far I can get. Have bought a P&S as well now to carry around every day so those moments of inspiration may well be easier to come by.

I'm going to do my own 52 but good luck with it everyone!

Thanks Sarah, and good luck with your 52, look forward to seeing your pics.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Will be joining in this year - I fell out half way through last year, but am going to try again this year.

I may be late in posting some of them - as it's gonna be a tough year here, my fiance will be going through Chemotherapy and a Bone Marrow Transplant for Lymphoma - and obviously looking after him will take precedence - but this might give me something different to concentrate on!

Hey Sarah - so sorry to hear about your fiancee - it will be a tough you for all of you...

my best friend was dx with Breast Cancer in Sept - fortunately for her she is a survivor and has had the op, the radiotherapy and, as far as we know, she's clear right now

during that time I used photography as a way to speak and to talk to her, photographing things that others maybe wouldn't think appropriate - but it helped us

wishing your chap well, healing thoughts! you gotta take care of yourself too anyway you can and find some peace. Good luck to you both.

Aww thanks! Chris went through Chemo and Radiotherapy for the same problem a couple of uyears ago - so a bit of a bugger it's come back so quickly but there you go!

Chris went through Chemo and Radiotherapy for the same problem a couple of uyears ago - so a bit of a bugger it's come back so quickly but there you go!

:hug: Wishing you and Chris all the best for next year. Good to see you staying strong and positive - you've been through it once and you'll come out the other side this time too. And hopefully your photography will give you something positive to focus some energy on.

Back