Photo52 2011 - Join In !!! - Week 52 and special bonus out now -

Im gonna give this a go. I love the idea of a 365 but know I haven't got the time or discipline to stick to it, so this is perfect. Thanks for organising.

A quick question, do we have to get out photo up for the follwing week and if so how strict is this. I have an idea for this weeks theme and went to shoot it today but the weather was against me. Not sure if I will get time again this week.

Well done for organising it again - I'm in - it will definitely be a 26 rather than a 52 though, as I failed to get beyond about Week 13 last year due to work / family commitments :bonk:

I'll make sure I clearly define my 'rules' in my thread.

I failed miserably last year (twice) and was all set to say I'm in for this year. But now I'm in two minds again...

I think I need help :)

im interested in doing this, what sorta themes were there last year?

I don't think there is a full list of themes posted, but if you're curious drop into some of 2010's 52 threads to see what went on.

A quick question, do we have to get out photo up for the follwing week and if so how strict is this. I have an idea for this weeks theme and went to shoot it today but the weather was against me. Not sure if I will get time again this week.

You can shoot and post the photo whenever you want to. (y) The only rules are the ones that you decide to set for yourself.

However, you'll find that most people taking part try to turn their photo around within a week so that they can keep up to date with the themes . . . you'll also find that life occasionally gets in the way for everyone and there won't be many participants who don't fall a little bit behind at some point during the year.

The important thing to remember is that this is a personal challenge to help you to improve your own photography. It's supposed to be fun and enjoyable so take it at a pace that works for you and don't get too hung up on whether you're "late" or not :)

Last edited:
I'm in... got a great idea for 'accommodation'... just need to find and take the shot before the weekend's out :(

I'm in! I learnt so much for doing the 52 in 2009 and my learning curve was very steep thanks to TP members! I was disappointed with myself that I didn't keep it up last year, so hopefully 2011 will be a good one!

Where abouts are the themes announced?

Ok I will try , but a lack of artistic interpretation severely handicaps me :)

My aim this year is to get out and about much more with my camera so this sounds like just what i need! I'm in!

Woo-Hoo, I am excited in taking part in this project.
I am now off to create my 52 page. Can't wait to find out what the initial theme is going to be.

I tried to do the 365 last year and failed completely however I think I could manage the 52. I have just purchased photoshop CS5 and my boyfriend has ordered me some bits for the camera but not told me yet what.

So this one of my new year resolutions hopefully I make it through. :)

I would like to join in as well. What's not completely clear to me is following: If I understand it right you need to open your own thread somewhere and put in your weekly photo's? Or do you post your photo in the thread with the theme mentioned?

Ok read it again and opened my own thread.

Last edited:
I just made a flickr account as I hear your images looks better when uploaded to flickr rather than anything else.

My question is how do you actually get them from flickr to here and how do you resize them on flickr to meet forum image size rules. Is the image size 800 x 600?

Thanks

I just made a flickr account as I hear your images looks better when uploaded to flickr rather than anything else.

My question is how do you actually get them from flickr to here and how do you resize them on flickr to meet forum image size rules. Is the image size 800 x 600?

Thanks

Once you have uploaded your photo, go to your photostream, click on the photo you want and above the photo there is a "Share this" option. Click that, click the "Grab the HTML/BB Code", choose the "BB Code option", chose the size you want (I'd go for Medium 640) and then copy and paste the code it give you.

Hope that helps :).

Once you have uploaded your photo, go to your photostream, click on the photo you want and above the photo there is a "Share this" option. Click that, click the "Grab the HTML/BB Code", choose the "BB Code option", chose the size you want (I'd go for Medium 640) and then copy and paste the code it give you.

Hope that helps :).

Thank you :D

I'm up for this! Will be out tonight to try and cover accomodation....I have a plan if I can find the location I have in my head!

Ok - I'm in.

Work and my masters course might get in the way occasionally - but I have vowed that I will do more photography this year.

Good luck to all.

F

Yep I'm in, already uploaded my first one.

I'll be following the weekly theme (loosley) but each week will be doing a portrait/people photograph.

Think I'm going to attempt this...time may be tight at times but I'll give it a bash!

Ok I have had my camera now for almost 2 weeks and still not quite sure what I am doing with it but going to enter anyway but my first problem is I am also new to any kind of forum and need someone to type in bold big letter capitals what the theme is for this month as i cant find it....lol.
I think its time to move on from the family pet now she is getting fed up me chasing her around with my new toy so hopefully my inspiration to continue this new hobby will increase with this forums help and advice.......:bonk:

Would love to join in, I spent
First half of this week planning
A shot for week one only to get laid
Up with a bout of gout. I will try and get
Something posted before Sunday even
If just a grab shot to get involved.

I am trying very hard to comment on folks pictures, but there is so many of us doing this :D Hopefully I will get round to everyones before the year is out :LOL:

Back