Photo52 2011 - Join In !!! - Week 52 and special bonus out now -

I went to Vegas before I could do this weeks shot :(. However, i have bought my point and shoot so i will use that to take a photo before Sunday. Aside from the quality of the photo my other problem is that I will have to import the photo on my iPad, edit it on there and then upload from the iPad. I can't really see the photo in detail though on the iPad so the quality may suck. Apologies in advance but hey at least I will get a submission done :)

I have already taken one photo and it is on flickr waiting to be added to my thread at TP. However, i am going to go out tonight and see if i can find a better shot :). Lots of accommodation i Vegas lol.

Last edited:
I was just wondering if we were getting next weeks theme tonight as was discussed this week? It would be handy I am off out tomorrow and could bring the camera with me if we already have the theme. :D

Wow what can I say, except that this first week has been a very productive challenge. I have enjoyed the theme and especially at what everyone else has produced for this week.

I am making the rounds tonight in the 52 :LOL: and would like to leave comments on all who are taking part. If I miss you out, I apologise. I drew up a list today of all who had submitted an entry and I would like to say a special thank you to all who have visited my week 1 and left feedback, it is much appreciated and very encouraging! I have learned a lot from this theme and hope to learn more over the next 51 weeks.

Let's keep the spirit high and support each other as this may not seem such a challenge to start with, but I think we are in for the long haul.

I am so far impressed with the entries and look forward to following and supporting you all indiviually though your projects.

Just think what a sense of achievement it will be when you get to the end of year.

Good Luck all and see you soon.

Happy snapping :D

Cheers

Dawn :)

I was just wondering if we were getting next weeks theme tonight as was discussed this week? It would be handy I am off out tomorrow and could bring the camera with me if we already have the theme. :D

Hi Lissa - It's there now (y)
Good luck for week 2.

Wow what can I say, except that this first week has been a very productive challenge. I have enjoyed the theme and especially at what everyone else has produced for this week.

I am making the rounds tonight in the 52 :LOL: and would like to leave comments on all who are taking part. If I miss you out, I apologise. I drew up a list today of all who had submitted an entry and I would like to say a special thank you to all who have visited my week 1 and left feedback, it is much appreciated and very encouraging! I have learned a lot from this theme and hope to learn more over the next 51 weeks.

Let's keep the spirit high and support each other as this may not seem such a challenge to start with, but I think we are in for the long haul.

I am so far impressed with the entries and look forward to following and supporting you all indiviually though your projects.

Just think what a sense of achievement it will be when you get to the end of year.

Good Luck all and see you soon.

Happy snapping :D

Cheers

:clap: Well said Dawn, and it's great to know that you're getting so much out of it already. I'm hoping to kickstart my own New Year project this week and make time to pop into some of the new 52s.

Last year Andy (DaddyDayCare) produced a list of all the 52ers and put it up in the projects & personal challenges forum.
I was thinking of doing the same this year, but if you already have one and wouldn't mind sharing it I'm sure that it would be appreciated by all (y)

Hi Lissa - It's there now (y)
Good luck for week 2.

Teeeheeee! can't wait for week 2! Good luck all!

:clap: Well said Dawn, and it's great to know that you're getting so much out of it already. I'm hoping to kickstart my own New Year project this week and make time to pop into some of the new 52s.

Last year Andy (DaddyDayCare) produced a list of all the 52ers and put it up in the projects & personal challenges forum.
I was thinking of doing the same this year, but if you already have one and wouldn't mind sharing it I'm sure that it would be appreciated by all (y)

Thanks Sarah, and no probs I will type it up and organise it, in alphabetical order. Not sure how it will work, but was hoping to put a link to some sort of Excel spreadsheet so folk can moniter who they have replied to on a particular week, that way we can maintain the encouragement and attendance (obviously with flexibility) . It will also help us to motivate those who are feeling left behind, due to personal commitment/pressures/holidays. Bearing in mind that this is a 'self' expression and personal achievment, so not pressure , and if anyone feels they need to cop out at any time that is no reflection on their ability!

Afterall this challenge is meant to be fun and a way to improve photography capability and technique. If the pressure gets too much, there is always next year, or to join in at a later stage in the year.

I think I have my work cut out for me tonight then working on the spreadsheet and will hopefully get back to my responding to you all later.

Cheers

Thanks Sarah, and no probs I will type it up and organise it, in alphabetical order. Not sure how it will work, but was hoping to put a link to some sort of Excel spreadsheet so folk can moniter who they have replied to on a particular week, that way we can maintain the encouragement and attendance (obviously with flexibility) . It will also help us to motivate those who are feeling left behind, due to personal commitment/pressures/holidays. Bearing in mind that this is a 'self' expression and personal achievment, so not pressure , and if anyone feels they need to cop out at any time that is no reflection on their ability!

Afterall this challenge is meant to be fun and a way to improve photography capability and technique. If the pressure gets too much, there is always next year, or to join in at a later stage in the year.

I think I have my work cut out for me tonight then working on the spreadsheet and will hopefully get back to my responding to you all later.

Cheers

Oh Dawn I might just think that I love you :love: :LOL: You can be my new BFF

Oh Dawn I might just think that I love you :love: :LOL: You can be my new BFF

In your Sorento dreams babes! (I am so envious of where you live!) But yeh BF sounds good (y)

Progress update .... I have now typed up all the names of the folk atempting the 52 on an Excel spreadsheet.

Would you like me to include 'real' name alongside username too? And a link to there 52 thread?

Feedback on what you would like and what you think would work for you for the next 51 weeks would be appreciated. That way we can get a good active progress sheet going.

Any comments would be appreciated, but please let me know by mid afternoon tomorrow as I am unfortunately back at the grindstone on Monday (after a 3 week break) and not sure how much time I will have to play with this together with the new theme.

Cheers

Dawn ;)

Progress update .... I have now typed up all the names of the folk atempting the 52 on an Excel spreadsheet.

Would you like me to include 'real' name alongside username too? And a link to there 52 thread?

)

YES! YES! YES!

I am really struggling to find all the 52's and have been stalking PatrickO as he is making a huge effort to comment on the 52ers tonight :LOL:

YES! YES! YES!

I am really struggling to find all the 52's and have been stalking PatrickO as he is making a huge effort to comment on the 52ers tonight :LOL:

haha, don't worry babes, I think I have just about got all of them documented (bar from the few new ones who spring up now and again unexpetedly .... even though they are welcome too :LOL:)

PatrickO seems to be the sweetheart of the challenge at the moment, I have been keeping an eye on him, he seems to have his way with 'words', very kind indeed.

I think this 52 is going to prove to be a challenge ,yet a good one, even though I am a 69'er by birth :LOL:

Look forward to the next 51, I think we are off to a good start and we will chase up/encourage those who said they were keen, but haven't produced yet! :bat:

I can't wait to see where we all get to with this by the end of the year.

It should be great fun, and if there is anyone out there reading this, who hasn't already expressed and interest, it isn't too late to join in the fun! You never know, you may just learn something from it :p

D :)

I'm in and posted - we'll see how it goes from here on in but I'm already picking issues with my shots. Self-critical: shows how bad you are or how much you know :s

Hiya,

I have been through all the threads ect and compiled the following list of people who have either started or expressed and interesed in doing th Photo52 challenge this year.

The spreadsheet is now complete and can be found here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CK7rjrAE

You will notice that there are 2 tabs at the bottom indicating the relevant worksheet for the Themed 52 and the Personal 52.

The names in red are those who have expressed an interest, or have created a link but not uploaded their first week. You can change the font colour as you update the sheet.

There are two worksheets, indicated by the tabs at the bottom, i.e., one for Theme 52'ers and the other for Personal 52'ers.

Please remember to save, Ctrl+S the document to save your changes/updates.

Hope this is of help and good luck with the 2011 Photo52

Cheers

Last edited:
Dawn, you've forgotten me,only posted mine about 90mins ago so probably missed it :)

Dawn, you've forgotten me,only posted mine about 90mins ago so probably missed it :)

Hiya David,

Thanks for letting me know, I thought I had added you to the list, then realised that by that time of night my handwriting had got a bit scrawly and I typed your name incorrect, my apologies. I have now updated the list.

Cheers

I'm going top give this a go, having run out of steam on my previous attempts at a 365 (2009) and a 52 (2010).

Hopefully this will be more achievable this year as I seem to have a little more spare time than previous years.

Found the right thread finally:LOL:

Is it too late to join in ? Never done anything like this before & I'm not up to the standard of most on here but thought I'd give it a go.
Oh yes,lacking in the imagination dept as well as the technical ability dept :thinking:

I'll do my best to leave feedback as have seen some great phot's but I'm not experienced enough to critique

Let the learning begin.....

Dawn you're an absolute star !!! :love:
Thank you for putting that list together.

Have you tried out Google Spreadsheets?
I haven't had a play with it yet, but I've seen a few people using them and it seems ideal for this. Certainly easier than copying and pasting your spreadsheet data into a thread.

Hiya Sarah,

Thanks you are welcome.

I haven't used Google Spreadsheets yet, but will have a look at it. Indeed, I think that will be perfect for this challenge. I am going to work on the spreadsheet today and include TP name, Real name and links to the individual threads. Also label each week with the theme (which will have to be updated each week as the themes are announced).

I was going to go out togging today, but it is bliming cold and windy out so this project should keep me busy today.

I will let you know when it is complete. I think I will also add a list of those who are doing a personal 52 as a separate list, similar to last years, so that we can support them too.

Right, I better get cracking on then :LOL:

Till later

Cheers

Last edited:
A bit late but I'm in too - please add me to the list

thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Dawn, I'm in as well please. I mentioned on a thread but I probably put it in the wrong one :bonk:

Please add me to the spread sheet.
Thanks

Hi Dawn,
Please add me to the list too. I'm just about to add my photo for the first week.

Cheers

Hiya all,

Just a quick update on the list.

I have been busy working on creating the spreadshee today and am almost complete.

I have added all who have asked. If there are any newbies to the challenge that I have missed or that have posted since I have been busy today, please let me know so I can include you on the spreadsheet.

Hopefully I should be able to get this uploaded some time tonight. Right now I have a hungry child who wants food, so off to cook.

Till later

Cheers

Hi Dawn,
Please add me to the list too. I'm just about to add my photo for the first week.

Cheers

Hi Dawn, I'm in as well please. I mentioned on a thread but I probably put it in the wrong one :bonk:

Please add me to the spread sheet.
Thanks

Added

If you do separate list for the 52ers with their own themes stick me on it.

Hi Mike, I am including a list of the Personal 52s on the list and it will appear at the bottom in a separate section, so that we can all keep to date with your personal 52s.

Please add me to the list. Week 1 pic posted in my thread. Love the concept of this and even managed to get my wife interested in helping me come up with ideas

Added

A bit late but I'm in too - please add me to the list

thanks.

Added

Hi,

The list is complete with the latest names added, from here and I also did a last scan of the threads to capture those who have posted since I started this project. No doubt there will be others who join that will still need adding.

Now I just need to figure out how to upload to here. I created the file in Excel, which I then tried to upload to Google Docs, which I am not familiar with, and it seems to throw out some of the alignment :bang:

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

The list is complete with the latest names added, from here and I also did a last scan of the threads to capture those who have posted since I started this project. No doubt there will be others who join that will still need adding.

Now I just need to figure out how to upload to here. I created the file in Excel, which I then tried to upload to Google Docs, which I am not familiar with, and it seems to throw out some of the alignment :bang:

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks

Dawn, try Gazedd http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=3300563&postcount=156

Hi all,

I hope this works, as this is the first time I am trying this.

Here is a link to the spreadsheet I have created. I have set it so that it can be edited by members, so if you are new and want to add your name to the list, please do and copy the link of your thread into the 'Link' column and edit the URL link title to your name.

Members can also use this to update the 'Week' Columns. Perhaps if you put a 'x' in the relevent column as you complete a week/theme. That way everyone can see where people are up to and go and comment on your photo.

I hope you can see this and work with the sheet and that it is going to be useful.

If there are any problems with is, just let me know and I will sort it out when I return from work later today.

The names in red are those who have expressed an interest, or have created a link but not uploaded their first week. You can change the font colour as you update the sheet.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhTphN7dSXDadEtvTm5idXo2ajZTOVI5Qy01VU10a1E&hl=en_GB&authkey=CK7rjrAE

You will notice that there are 2 tabs at the bottom indicating the relevant worksheet for the Themed 52 and the Personal 52.

I welcome any suggestions to the spreadsheet and if you find it is not working, even though I don't have the full technical knowledge, I will try to help you.

It might be an idea if we can have this as a sticky thread so that people can see it without having to trawl through this thread to find a link. I can creat a thread for such a sticky if needed.

Good luck all with your projects.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for this Dawn, that's a fantastic piece of Spreadsheet engineering (y)

Anyone know where the next theme for week 2 is posted?

Just uploaded mine (I've been traveling for the last 2 days) over at: Ironside -> Project52. Would really appreciate some feedback, I'm very new to all of this.

Thanks to all for setting up entire competition!

Ok, probably a daft question, do I need to create a separate thread for each week or just add on to my existing one?

Back