Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

That's what I thought, they all amount to a starter IMO :D
Starters, or samples of the starters?

Only time I went to anywhere that served food like that I embarrassed everybody. When the penguin with napkin over arm asked what I would like, I replied fish and chips. As mouths dropped, and my parents tried to whisper to me they don't serve fish and chips, his stony face almost smiled and he said "If sir wants fish and chips, fish and chips he shall have" I felt like a king. At 7 years old, I had no idea, except every one was dressed up with bow ties etc, and I was told to keep my school tie on :)

Looking back, that waiter deserved a medal!

That's what I thought, they all amount to a starter IMO :D

Hi, there were starters, and in-between courses, so it was a full meal. - Every now and then I go to restaurants like this.

Today, a € 200 voucher I got from my wife as a birthday present covered most of the bill ... ---

Look very similar to the lures I used for bass, Used to make all shapes, sizes and colours.
Only fished Artlure and catch and release, This was on our home waters https://www.albertfallsclassic.co.za/
Yes a lot of the designs we use are pretty universal.
Some have been influenced by success in other countries, I guess most predatory fish work in the same way at least to a certain extent.

I think soft plastics and jigs have been the big breakthrough in the UK, back when I first fished with lures 15 years ago the choice was more limited and most were hard bodied with spoonbills. Or you had the classic spinners, which don't seem to get used as much these days, although I am sure they can still be very effective,
The soft plastic baits have become very fashionable and they can be highly effective, I must admit they are usually my first choice these days.

Last edited:
Back