Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

went to a wool festival in the Aude, S. France today, it was right next to a field of Sunflowers, I suspect this is one of the last fields of them in full flower, nice to see local artisans selling local produce and great for my wife and daughter to get some fab wool - a nice day today !

wool-1-sml.jpg

wool-3-sml.jpg

sunflowers-sml.jpg

And still on sunflowers...

Until the recent post on multi heads, I have never really noticed it before.

Went to one of the allotments this morning, and I walk past this every time, but didn't notice it before.

27 flowers I can see on the one, and it must be about 10' tall.

sf4.jpgsf5.jpg

OK you win, mine is only 7 feet tall with 7 flowers :D
I don't win, it's not mine :)

But I will ask for one of the old flower heads to get seeds, so maybe next year ..........................

Unsure i can get away with this shot on this thread - but this was last night - Pico Areeiro, Madeira. Currently on vacation.

Attachments

• 5C6DDFD5-7E99-4829-A643-948AF20A15E5.jpeg
    5C6DDFD5-7E99-4829-A643-948AF20A15E5.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Unsure i can get away with this shot on this thread - but this was last night - Pico Areeiro, Madeira. Currently on vacation.

Hi, the today-rule is not strictly enforced ... - A nice pic ! I enjoyed Madeira years ago ... Have a nice holiday! :)

Hi, preparations for the apple harvest. The son cuts the leaves :

DSC05701-a7-5-c.jpg

Father cuts the grass :

DSC05704-a7-5-c.jpg

Ready for mechanical harvesting :

DSC05699-a7-5-c.jpg

(Farming today is highly industrialized an mechanized. There are very few helper jobs. Which means that migrants without skills, language and literacy would find getting employment
difficult, if they were to try ... --- )

On my way home, a battered butterfly posed on a wall ... :

DSC05712-a7-5-c.jpg

Back