Posiview's TP52 2017 I’m done....

That's a challenging one Andy. As an image I really like it, there's loads to see and it is very well done and I'd really like to know how you went about it, but ... I'm left wondering at what point a photo stops being a photo but that's a good thing to think about. Great effort and well worth it :clap:

Great point, Chris, and one that has been mentioned in previous 52s.

As the weeks, months and years go by it gets harder to submit a photograph that I'm happy with. When I first started I've have been happy posting a photograph of an old camera next to a new one, and there'd be nothing wrong with that, but it would feel like a cop out, IYSWIM.

Cheers.

had a look at this last night, couldn't work it out ... but today I'm seeing more ... first the two arms, then the face, fern in mouth ... :runaway:

I like that a lot, very clever... how many photos did you merge?

It's always good to see a different take on a theme and be challenged, so for that it works but for me as an image it doesn't. I think it falls between being completely abstract and having to much detail in it and doesn't quite achieve either.

eek.. transport is great..BUT progress?? i hate marmite...but as Art.. i can see you in there somewhere.. possibly twice?

I have always loved Marmite, on your progress I do really like it imo. Must of taken you a while with all the PP so well done (y)

The wanderer returns. Hi guys :banana:

had a look at this last night, couldn't work it out ... but today I'm seeing more ... first the two arms, then the face, fern in mouth ... :runaway:

I like that a lot, very clever... how many photos did you merge?

It's always good to see a different take on a theme and be challenged, so for that it works but for me as an image it doesn't. I think it falls between being completely abstract and having to much detail in it and doesn't quite achieve either.

eek.. transport is great..BUT progress?? i hate marmite...but as Art.. i can see you in there somewhere.. possibly twice?

Hmmmmm Journey now that is odd, I wasn't sure at first but the more I look at it, it grows on me, I think it works well as a one off for me (y)

Thanks, all, not my best, well far from, I IS STILL HERE :)

@brrnd it was around 20.

Cheers.

Well, on to week 24 EEKKKK

Still been absent.....

iPhone photograph, in RAW.

I'm a big fan of Karl Blossfeldt linky and I've mentioned before the pleasure I get from botanical :)

Cheers and just packing for a 4 days photography trip the Ireland.

Pleasurable by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well, a bit of a shoehorn I think... Not bad for an iPhone photo, but when I look at Blossfeldt's work, his were all sharp throughout. Have you tried focus stacking with your iPhone? :)

Progress - That took a lot of concentration to make out, but once you see it, you see it.
I think that's a really strong image with so much to see that you don't see it all at once.
I'm going to give this one a :clap:

Pleasurable - Works for you for the theme, no need for any horned shoes here.
I don't do flora or fauna shots really, but I can appreciate the work that has gone into it :)

Pleasurable - pleasant enough image and I guess taking it gave you pleasure taking it so does the job i think

I am confused as to why my post from another is in this one? haha care to explain andy?

Nice shot Andy, like the white against the bud head as it sets it off well :) Enjoy the holiday too (y)

Well, a bit of a shoehorn I think... Not bad for an iPhone photo, but when I look at Blossfeldt's work, his were all sharp throughout. Have you tried focus stacking with your iPhone? :)

:agree: but it does have a certain charm to it

Progress - That took a lot of concentration to make out, but once you see it, you see it.
I think that's a really strong image with so much to see that you don't see it all at once.
I'm going to give this one a :clap:

Pleasurable - Works for you for the theme, no need for any horned shoes here.
I don't do flora or fauna shots really, but I can appreciate the work that has gone into it :)

Pleasurable - pleasant enough image and I guess taking it gave you pleasure taking it so does the job i think

... a certain charm ... yes.

Thanks, all, appreciate the feedback.

Cheers.

OMG D750 + :banghead: You poor bugger.

You're getting good with the iPhone tho.

BTW ... week 25 is Tiny

I like the framing #1 ... prefer the pics too.

Sorry to hear about your camera. Prefer #1 for the shape of the little plant and the colours, I get what you are aiming for with the triptych but for me it could do with something of more definite scale (tree, hand, foot, etc) in the wider shot.

Oh no!

But good on you that you are still submitting... I prefer #2, I like vertical.

OMG D750 + :banghead: You poor bugger.

You're getting good with the iPhone tho.

BTW ... week 25 is Tiny

I like the framing #1 ... prefer the pics too.

Sorry to hear about your camera. Prefer #1 for the shape of the little plant and the colours, I get what you are aiming for with the triptych but for me it could do with something of more definite scale (tree, hand, foot, etc) in the wider shot.

Jesus so sorry to hear about the camera. I have to pick the #1 as love how you have slowly zoomed out until the fern is tiny :)

Oh no!

But good on you that you are still submitting... I prefer #2, I like vertical.

Thanks all, camera is awaiting collection for repair :(

Cheers.

Ah bugger , sorry to hear bout the gear!

I actually like both compos, and could actually see the bottom one on my wall...

Oh no:jawdrop:. Hope they can fix your camera soon. I like both triptychs, but will pick 1 as the favourite :D

Tree face really works for me, lack of features but still works, There is a sculpture in the Cathedral grounds which I was going to use which has no face as we think it but still works, I find it interesting how our brains work to piece a face together

The stones are a bit of fun but (perhaps this was intentional) the middle one looks as though it was shot from a different angle to the others although that is probably just due to the shape of the stone. Nice find with the tree, just enough to suggest a face

Hi Andy,

Terrible news on the Camera front, hope it's not too expensive to fix. But maybe it's added to the photo challenge and you should complete the year with the iPhone only.

Size/Tiny - The first one I think, due to there being more colour.
Face - Face2, but it's not a face I see.:naughty:
I can see exactly what Isabelle was thinking of with the middle stone.:p

I like the stones, it's a bit of fun. The tree is a good idea but could do with the features being a bit more prominent. I wish I'd have thought of the tree idea, as I have a couple at home with faces on them.

Like the tree face as well spotted :) I have to go for the stoned faces, the middle reminds me of Mr Patato Head as I love it (y)

Tree face really works for me, lack of features but still works, There is a sculpture in the Cathedral grounds which I was going to use which has no face as we think it but still works, I find it interesting how our brains work to piece a face together

The stones are a bit of fun but (perhaps this was intentional) the middle one looks as though it was shot from a different angle to the others although that is probably just due to the shape of the stone. Nice find with the tree, just enough to suggest a face

Hi Andy,

Terrible news on the Camera front, hope it's not too expensive to fix. But maybe it's added to the photo challenge and you should complete the year with the iPhone only.

Size/Tiny - The first one I think, due to there being more colour.
Face - Face2, but it's not a face I see.:naughty:
I can see exactly what Isabelle was thinking of with the middle stone.:p

Face #2 says "flat chested" to me. I think Tim @LC2 sees it too. :naughty:

I like the stones, it's a bit of fun. The tree is a good idea but could do with the features being a bit more prominent. I wish I'd have thought of the tree idea, as I have a couple at home with faces on them.

Good idea with the tree mate.

Thanks all, having only an iPhone is a curse and a blessing :)

Cheers.

Still trying to figure out if it's a real bonsai, but love the idea and the lighting under the left side works well; could it have been from the right as well?:)

Back