weekly Puckers 2013 52 thread: Week 30: step(s) & Week 31: Mono added

Week 29: Speed

Not sure if this shows it how i wanted :thinking: A switch had just been made and this player was very quick when she got going.

Must also say i had the best time at this tournament. It was the nations cup, womens u20's and this was taken on finals day.

Speed by puckers52, on Flickr

I know ive been rather slack :LOL: I dont expect anyone to comment on them, most are just quick shots to catch up :bonk:

I love rugby, still so much to learn, i took these for the SA team as my oh was involved with them, great people :)

Thanks for looking :)

well done for catching up

Pair I like it, works really well
Shape seems a bit isolated and the grass isn't really helping
Plenty of marbles indeed
Speed is a great action shot :clap: the BG is a little busy but nothing you could do about that
Rustic pity you have cut some of the roof off

Good catch up overall (y)

Hay Lisa :)

With such a catch up I'll comment briefly on each...

Below - Certainly is, a nice angle, I think could be a tad brighter buit guess the sky would then be blown, so as good as can be :)

Rock - Nice crop, I'd prefer more even lighting, but where the light has caught the 'rocks' they sparkle nicely

Pair - And what a cracking pair you have there too, well lit, good composition and great focus, liking the PP too - nice one (y)

Shape - Knobly that is :D

Rustic - As Allan said shame about the clipping, other than that, nice structure, nice sky and some good colours to the trees

Plenty - There sure are, it works ok but feel it needs a bit more

Speed - Great capture, you have really caught the feel of the moment, the background although busy is well separated with the DoF and for me helps add to the setting - :clap:

And last of all... what a great catch up, you must be chuffed/relieved (y)

Not a bad shot among them. Pair, Speed and Shape really stand out for me though.
I love the lighting and DOF in pair, and the vignette works really well. I'm always a sucker for a Rugby shot, and the body language and the sense of pace in this one is really nice. I love the simplicity of Shape, lovely comp and DOF.

Hi ya ,crikey , another mega catch up :eek:

in no particular order...

Speed...really really good capture that , the determination on the girlies face , the sharpness & use of DOF....top shot missus :clap:

Pair......lovely low POV, spot on focus & good skin tones (y)

Shape.....like the simplicity of this one , plenty of detail in the cone with nice separation form the bg (y)

Rustic....shame about the background but nicely exposed with good detail in the brick work & roof

Plenty......if you have nay spare can you send them my please...I lost mine years ago :LOL:

Rock....nice close up shot with some good detail in the gold , no really blown bits which is always hard on shiny objects

Hi Lisa. Mega catch up..... lets see what I can remember.

Love the pair of jacks and the pine cone. Can't fault either of those.

Rocks seem to be lacking a bit of sparkle.

Rustic a bit tight in the frame but nice sky and texture in the stones.

The rugby shot is great. Really good capture of the action. Shame about the lack of crowd in the bg but not your fault.

Hi Lisa

Rocks - lacks a little sparkle - may have been tempted to go even closer and concentrate on the stones with less of the gold setting
Pair - I like that. (y) Good colour and the vignette really concentrates the eye on the subject/theme
Shape - good comp, focus and dof. Not keen on the brown 'leaf' in the left b/g
Plenty - quite like that in a simple way. It just works for me.
Speed - very good shot of the concentrated face and the wrong footing of the defender - works well for the theme. B/g is not the best tho.
Rustic - good shot of structure and v. god sky and colours of leaves. Tightly framed and pitch and fence in b/g a bit distracting.

Good catch up :clap:

Hey Lisa :)

Steps - would prefer the top step level as my eyes draw to it, good colours to the grass and a quite pleasing composition, that's as far as it goes for me - good to get one in though :)

Mono - Aweeee has to be the duckling for me, I like the movement in the ripples yet sharpness on the quacky duck :)

Hi, Lisa, Steps, these old steps are never level...ggrrrrr :D on theme, but a tad close for me.

Mono, I like the detail in the duck but the flower is my choice, lovely tones and detail. Perhaps a little more of the stem.

Cheers.

Hi Lisa,

I really like the steps shot. I saw a similar shot on Flickr yesterday where steps were photographed from the top going downhill which effectively made the steps in the image go from bottom left to top right which made for a great composition and resulting image.

Hi Lisa
Love the duck shot for mono, excellent processing and great focus :clap:

Quack Quack! - sharp as anything and a clever Idea too. I have loads of duckling shots (they are too cute to walk past without at least a couple of clicks, no matter how many I already have) but I never once thought of doing a B&W. Really works so well wth the light on the water behind.

Great shot :clap:

it's the duckling for me too - love teh black of the reflection and the rings of ripple emanating from him.

Lovely and sharp and nicely converted too....

another vote for the duckling Lisa (y)

Can't add to anything above, but just perfect.

Hi Lisa :wave:

Ohhhh...I do like that little quacker ,wonderfully sharp & the conversion works really really well (y)

Steps.....quite liking this in a minimalist way...maybe just a smidge cw rotation & I mean a really really small smidge :)

The Mono flower is lovely....great angle , great focus & lighting (y)

Back