RazorHoof's 52 in 2019 thread

OP
OP
R
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
So I had an idea in mind for this, hoping for a sunrise with some amazing colours, but with only one morning available due to working night shifts for the rest of the week, that didn't quite happen. Starting with a fairly empty sky, apart from a solid bank of cloud on the horizon where the sun would rise, I wasn't hopeful at all. But as the flights from Gatwick started building in frequency, I liked the patterns the trails were building and spreading in the sky. Not particularly happy with the editing, largely due to using a monitor with a .001 degree viewing angle

new dawn2
by Rob Thorpe, on Flickr

Attachments

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Super image Rob!(y)
The use of the trails as leading lines is inspired!
They really work well to direct your eye through the image...very interesting.
I love the reflection in the wet sand, and great sharpness front to back.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice Image Rob, Maybe consider cropping out the top bit of the Sky. Really nice details on the beach and the reflections.

Pete

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I like it with all the trails in the sky, especially the one coming from the corner into the image, and actually quite like the dark section at the top of the sky. The reflections on the wet sand adds good interest to the image.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I think I prefer the shot you've posted in the main thread to the one that here in your thread, this one seems a bit on the dark side whereas the sky in the other shot is (imo) nicer.
Why two different shots across the two threads?