weekly RazorHoof's 52 in 2019 thread

So I had an idea in mind for this, hoping for a sunrise with some amazing colours, but with only one morning available due to working night shifts for the rest of the week, that didn't quite happen. Starting with a fairly empty sky, apart from a solid bank of cloud on the horizon where the sun would rise, I wasn't hopeful at all. But as the flights from Gatwick started building in frequency, I liked the patterns the trails were building and spreading in the sky. Not particularly happy with the editing, largely due to using a monitor with a .001 degree viewing angle

new dawn2 by Rob Thorpe, on Flickr

Attachments

• new dawn2small.jpg
    new dawn2small.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 6
Nice Image Rob, Maybe consider cropping out the top bit of the Sky. Really nice details on the beach and the reflections.

Pete

I like it with all the trails in the sky, especially the one coming from the corner into the image, and actually quite like the dark section at the top of the sky. The reflections on the wet sand adds good interest to the image.

I think I prefer the shot you've posted in the main thread to the one that here in your thread, this one seems a bit on the dark side whereas the sky in the other shot is (imo) nicer.
Why two different shots across the two threads?

That is a great picture fabulous sky. I really like it.

That is a cracking image and well put together. Nice exposure.

Very cleverly done. I like this Rob, Nice lot of detail and the mono works great

Good idea for the theme, and nicely done. When I see other people's shots I always wonder why they didn't occur to me!!

Agree with all other comments. A lovely mono image.

I Agree the shiney clean coin stands out well and the detail is good, The B/W really works

Clean
It looks good in black and white, the clean coin stands out well.

Hi Rob,

New - Very nice. Perfect for the theme. The contrails and edit works to compliment the new-ness of the day. Great start :)

Clean - Well done on this very creative image. Perfect mono conversion and crop.

Open - A good fun colourful image. Good depth of focus to lead the eye to the key subject.

nice and open for business good take on the theme and nice DOF.
I do like the Lego theme and usage.

Very good Rob - great idea and cleverly arranged

Distant
Distant Sml1.jpg

Treating this as a place holder for now; will probably try to re-take this image with the turbines in a more ordered arrangement

That's a fun image for Open, Rob, with plenty of colour and details to look at.

Distant is very promising and clearly spot on for the theme with the turbines silhouetted against that moody sky. We have a similar view from parts of the island here on a clear day, but we've been battered by gales all weekend so there's nothing to see at the moment! Monochrome was a good choice for this one and I also like the foreground lines of the waves being driven into shore.

I'll keep an eye out to see if you add another image but this one certainly ticks all the boxes already (y)

Open - Like the shallow DOF which isolates the important parts of the image. Nicely set up.

Distant - Works for me, I like the dark wintery feel to the image, especially with the spray from the incoming wave. I actually think it works without the turbines being in an orderly arrangement, adds more interest for me.

new
A great sky, nice colour and good composition.
clean
I like this one, great subject matter too. The clean coin stands out nicely.
Open
A fun image, I would have removed the white bike on the far rhs.
Distant
Very atmospheric, looks good in black and white and I like the movement in the water. Works fine for me.

open - Fun take on the theme, and nicely set up
Distant - I like the spray from the waves crashing on the turbines and the sky is good too and the B/W suits it.

Back