weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2023 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added and Complete

Fun shots Stan, I haven't tried this before but might have a go sometime in the future.

Not really my Thing, but they do look good.

I have a few spare leds around so the details of the light source might tempt me.

Well done... a very impressive image. Good on you for extending your repertorie too.

Fun shots Stan, I haven't tried this before but might have a go sometime in the future.

Thanks, Bill. I always like to try something different. I look forward to seeing your version soon.

Not really my Thing, but they do look good.

I have a few spare leds around so the details of the light source might tempt me.

Thank you, Pete. There'll be another freedom choice coming up soon!

Well done... a very impressive image. Good on you for extending your repertorie too.

Thank you so much, Helen.

Looks great! Good condition too for the age. Nicely composed using the sweep of the circle to bound it.

Enough reflections to show the shiny bits, but nothing distracting. Bet it wasn't as easy as you've made it look! :)

Looks great! Good condition too for the age. Nicely composed using the sweep of the circle to bound it.

Enough reflections to show the shiny bits, but nothing distracting. Bet it wasn't as easy as you've made it look! :)

My idea was for a closeup shot of the 'selector' knob but slightly limited by the lack of a macro lens. I used the 50mm at f/1.2 for the shallow DoF and reasonably fast shutter speed then cropped it to suit. Handheld as not easy to set up a tripod inside the car. The black-and-white conversion was a last-minute decision.

Nice knob - and nice mono.

• Haha
Reactions: rpn
Nicely sharp in all the right places and works really well in mono. Just wondering where the statutory layer of dust is... don't they all have the same as my car??

Walked further on to the university campus and this sign with the Scottish saltire (Letter X)
l6GG4s6.gif

Letter X by Stan, on Flickr

Nicely thought out aitch!

The H makes for a nice easy tick for the theme, well composed and nice vertical verticals so technically spot on too!

Thanks, Adam. Like most others, I was thinking more about a mail letter, envelope, sign, computer keyboard etc for the theme until I spotted the rugby goal during my walkabout this morning. Also, there were plenty of fallen tree branches about after the recent storm Otto which could be the letter Y too. :)

Love the H. This is brilliant. In camera club we have a year long challenge to photo letters in the environment that aren't actually letters, so I will be borrowing your idea. Well done, such a good spot.

Love the H. This is brilliant. In camera club we have a year long challenge to photo letters in the environment that aren't actually letters, so I will be borrowing your idea. Well done, such a good spot.

I'm pleased that it gives you inspiration. How about a tree branch for the letter Y?

Nice H, I walk past some most days when walking the dogs but never thought of them.

Clever to spot that, No local rugby pitches near me so not sure if I would have spotted it .

Both good shots Stan, I think that you chose the right one for the main thread.

Back