weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2023 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added and Complete

Nice springy stuffs :)

zlWrtzL.jpg
Boing Boing!

:D :LOL:

All nice shots Stan. Hard to pick between them tbh.

Thanks, Simon.

Nice Stan - I think I'm with the others and prefer the second Spring shot.

I prefer the fact that it's shown in context a little more.

Cheers, Kell. Spot on comments about context in the 2nd Rocking Horse shot.

Great take on the theme, love the leaf spring shot from your previous 52!

Getting some catch-up comments in!

Kitchen - Nice colours, could have had a traffic light sequence with something different in the middle. My OCD is being triggered by the uneven gaps and the angle of the metal loops!

Broken - Both worthy of the theme, the visual impact of the pencil one just takes it.

Full - Looks in pristine condition and nicely detailed.

Patterns - Lots of variations within the "duplicate" areas. Every window tells a story.

Tunnel - I did try to work out the location with the railway "street furniture" but failed. I'm sure I have drove past on the road before.

Spring - Seeing it in the environment the second seesaw works best for me personally.

The chosen shot is best for me too. Nice composition and colours.

Great take on the theme, love the leaf spring shot from your previous 52!

Thanks, Roger. Suspension of a train wagon that used to transport goods to and from the harbour and now a playground. My granddaughter's favourite park.

Mr Therm by Stan, on Flickr

Getting some catch-up comments in!

Kitchen - Nice colours, could have had a traffic light sequence with something different in the middle. My OCD is being triggered by the uneven gaps and the angle of the metal loops!

Broken - Both worthy of the theme, the visual impact of the pencil one just takes it.

Full - Looks in pristine condition and nicely detailed.

Patterns - Lots of variations within the "duplicate" areas. Every window tells a story.

Tunnel - I did try to work out the location with the railway "street furniture" but failed. I'm sure I have drove past on the road before.

Spring - Seeing it in the environment the second seesaw works best for me personally.

Thanks, Stuart for the catch-up comments.

The chosen shot is best for me too. Nice composition and colours.

Thanks, Helen.

3 springs are better than one lol :)

Reactions: rpn
The day started off bright and sunny but then the fog or haar aka locally rolled in by late afternoon. I thought it was an ideal condition for this week's smooth water shot but luck would have it the sea was still quite choppy. Anyway, Big Stopper came out to play. But, my chosen shot it was taken by the river mouth so Little Stopper was deployed for this one.

Week 14 Smooth

Still Water by Stan, on Flickr

I agree number 1 the best, do you know what the concrete? bits were part of

Good use of the filters and like you, I think No1 is the best.

Thanks, Peter.

I agree number 1 the best, do you know what the concrete? bits were part of

Thanks, Keith. They are the remains of WWII anti-tank, anti-invasion defence concrete blocks and pill boxes along the beach.

Reactions: nog
Prefer 2 or 3, can't decide which. I like the ethereal quality; I suppose those don't fit the Smooth category so well though.

I have to disqualify the springy shots as the category distinctly says SPRING, not Springs, you have too many springs :police:. Only kidding, seems there are springs everywhere where you are.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Prefer 2 or 3, can't decide which. I like the ethereal quality; I suppose those don't fit the Smooth category so well though.

I have to disqualify the springy shots as the category distinctly says SPRING, not Springs, you have too many springs :police:. Only kidding, seems there are springs everywhere where you are.

Thanks, Martin. I picked #1 over the other two because the water surface is smoother.

Nicely done Stan. I'm in the middle of sorting my shots, with a similar theme.

Love the rocking horse spring shot.

The water on #1 does look really smooth.

Cheers, Pete. The long exposure smooths out the ripples.

Nicely done Stan. I'm in the middle of sorting my shots, with a similar theme.

Cheers, Simon. Looking forward to seeing your effect.

Great set Stan, always like long exposures. #3 is the one for me.

I do like a long exposure. #3 is definitely my favourite - you've captured some movement in the water.

Nice one Stan. The ships adds a lot :)

Nice one Stan. The ships adds a lot :)

Cheers, Dave. It's the shipwreck of MV Demetrios II, which has been there since March 1998. Not sure how far out from the shore but my son has flown his drone out there before and has just enough power to get there and back.

Take a look at Google Maps plenty of photos there including an aerial shot by my son.

Very nice, I like the inclusion of the ship.
Lets hope we get a few more sunsets soon.

Very nice, I like the inclusion of the ship.
Lets hope we get a few more sunsets soon.

Thanks, Nicky. I've been sussing out locations for sunset shots along the coast here in the last few days.

Lovely image Stan. Love the ship on the horizon!

Thanks, Simon.

Yep. Lovely colours in the sky and the foreground rocks and movement in the water and interest there.

Lucky you. The boat makes this one... well spotted and captured.

Lovely colours and as above the ship wreck adds a lot to the shot. Had to look it up on wiki and:

“It was subsequently confirmed in the Lloyd's List that the seafaring certificates of competency for the Greek captain and the Pakistani first officer had been forged”

after running aground all the crew were rescued

Lucky you. The boat makes this one... well spotted and captured.

Thanks, Helen.

Lovely colours and as above the ship wreck adds a lot to the shot. Had to look it up on wiki and:

“It was subsequently confirmed in the Lloyd's List that the seafaring certificates of competency for the Greek captain and the Pakistani first officer had been forged”

after running aground all the crew were rescued

Cheers, Keith and thanks for the info.

For those 52'ers who took part last year and are more observant among you, You might recognise this structure I captured for the theme Curve in Week 48. This is a high-level walkway that connects Paphos archaeological park with Fabrica Hill on the other side of a busy main road leading to the harbour area.

Week 16 Connected

Connected by Stan, on Flickr

Back