weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2023 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added and Complete

Perfect for the theme and simply beautiful.

I managed to get away for half an hour to capture some catch-up shots for the last few weeks.

This is the 2nd largest granite building in the world (the largest being the Palacio de San Lorenzo de El Escorial in Spain). Granite is one of the hardest substances in the world. The only material that is harder than granite is a diamond. The hardness of granite makes it durable and robust.

Week 20 Robust

Robust by Stan, on Flickr

This set of sculpture, installed only 2 weeks ago and is about 1-1/2 miles from my home. It combined man-made and natural shapes and forms, such as machine cogs and seed casings, to symbolise the area's industrial history and nature found along the nearby River Don.

Week 21 Near By

Nearby by Stan, on Flickr

Nice catch up.

Irregular the pick of the bunch for me.

Love the colouring and the fact that there's no sense of scale.

Near by I love the light on the second sculpture, but I do find the cars behind the first a bit of a distraction. Was there another angle where you could have cropped them out by moving around a bit?

Nice catch up.

Irregular the pick of the bunch for me.

Love the colouring and the fact that there's no sense of scale.

Near by I love the light on the second sculpture, but I do find the cars behind the first a bit of a distraction. Was there another angle where you could have cropped them out by moving around a bit?

The beach irregular pattern shot was taken late in the evening with the bottom ⅓ in shadow and the top still in direct sunlight.

The new sculpture is sited right beside a main road with 60s's style high-rise flats along the other side.

Great set of catch-up photos Stan. I particularly like the beach shot.

Reactions: rpn
This set of sculpture, installed only 2 weeks ago and is about 1-1/2 miles from my home. It combined man-made and natural shapes and forms, such as machine cogs and seed casings, to symbolise the area's industrial history and nature found along the nearby River Don.

Week 21 Near By

Nearby by Stan, on Flickr
This sort of art does nothing for me but I like the photo.

Good catch up there. I'm with the others - irregular is my favourite.

Now that Mrs. rpn is recovering slowly from her heart procedure and with all the good weather recently we took the opportunity to go out for a bar lunch last Thursday. While waiting to be seated I took a photo of the empty bar and the theme of Sound Bar came to my head.

This is a composition of 8 photos; my Samsung TV and sound bar, photo of the empty bar and 6 free downloads of musical notes. I transposed the bar image onto the screen and added the musical notes with free transform, rotate etc. functions to add some interest.

Week 24 Sound + Composite Technique

Composite Sound by Stan, on Flickr

Nicely done Stan :)

Works nicely Stan. Nice creativity (from someone here who struggles on that front!)

Good idea and very well executed, proper photoshop skills!

Thanks, Colin. Not sure I've any of the proper PS skills just basic cut & Paste manipulations are all I know.

Works nicely Stan. Nice creativity (from someone here who struggles on that front!)

Thanks, Simon. Photoshop is not something I play with often.

Irregular is a great spot. Hard to get a sense of scale at first, which is nice, as you think is ait a wide view and the stones are people?? and then the brain catches up!

Rubbish fits the theme, geting over the wondering what people may thing can be a barrier to getting a good shot for me, so always worth the practice at this!

Good work on Sound Stan - hard to spot at first glance what etails are in the picture of the bar, and what are added afterwards.
As you had it it PS already, I might have lost the SAMSUNG and the OPTICAL first. But minor point!

Irregular is a great spot. Hard to get a sense of scale at first, which is nice, as you think is ait a wide view and the stones are people?? and then the brain catches up!

Rubbish fits the theme, geting over the wondering what people may thing can be a barrier to getting a good shot for me, so always worth the practice at this!

Good work on Sound Stan - hard to spot at first glance what etails are in the picture of the bar, and what are added afterwards.
As you had it it PS already, I might have lost the SAMSUNG and the OPTICAL first. But minor point!

Thanks, Graham for the nice words. The sand patterns are about 15m away.

Great image Stan, I love it.

Thanks, Bill. Glad you like the image.

Nice shot Stan - where is it? Your FlickR link is a Bad Panda job!

That's a lovely image Stan, great colours and lighting on what looked a cloudy day.

Cheers, Dave. It was one of those 'changeable' showery days. One minute is hot and sunny
lDJH5FY.gif
and the next heavy shower!
gfM6Tio.gif

Great image, thankfully lately it’s been more sun than rain especially for Scotland. Are you standing in the water to get it?

Great image, thankfully lately it’s been more sun than rain especially for Scotland. Are you standing in the water to get it?

Thanks, Stuart. I'm not quite able to stand on water yet like this guy!
qfyPw8u.gif
:LOL: Shot was taken from solid ground on the pier just to the very left of this photo.

Stonehaven Pier by Stan, on Flickr

Duckytastic :)

Back