weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2023 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added and Complete

Snappers - lovely composition and colour. Leads the eye into the shot nicely.
Watching - so cute!

Reactions: rpn
Snappers - lovely composition and colour. Leads the eye into the shot nicely.
Watching - so cute!

Thanks, Helen. Stonehaven is a lovely small seaside town and it's only 30 minutes drive away.

Cute they are indeed and luckily quite a few of them managed to avoid the seagulls in the past few years.

Snappers choice, lovely colours and composition

Watching, good timing for the shot. Hope they make it

Hey, I like that shot. I have gone down a similar route as I love nature. Almost had one of the little ones watching you as well - shame about that strand of grass covering its face.

Thanks, Adam. I was lucky to be able to take the shot. Usually they scatter away whenever a human approach them.

Love the Snapper's Choice Stan

Thanks, Simon.

I quite like your "snapper's" shot Stan and your watching shot fills the bill... :D

You've not posted this on the main thread yet Stan, BTW.

Flag stands out really nicely against the stone background. Caught it nicely in the breeze. The fraying edges are something I didn't know about before this year... This is the second example and illustrates this well.

You've not posted this on the main thread yet Stan, BTW.

Flag stands out really nicely against the stone background. Caught it nicely in the breeze. The fraying edges are something I didn't know about before this year... This is the second example and illustrates this well.

Thanks, Graham. Oh, I must have forgotten about the main image thread as I was called away just when I post here on my own thread.

I haven't looked into the main image thread since I last posted so I don't know if there's a similar shot.

I haven't looked into the main image thread since I last posted so I don't know if there's a similar shot.

Sorry, it was earlier in the year. @-Oy- found one on a lifeboat house I believe.

>> There we are <<

Last edited:
Ticks the box nicely. It's obviously been blowing for some time.

Nice torn flag Stan. I had the same idea. Knew where there were some flags, but unfortunately (or not), they were pristine, so I had to find another idea!

Ticks the box nicely. It's obviously been blowing for some time.

Thanks, Helen. It looks quite new by looking at the flag.

Nice torn flag Stan. I had the same idea. Knew where there were some flags, but unfortunately (or not), they were pristine, so I had to find another idea!

Thanks, Simon. I knew that house always has a Scottish Saltire flying whenever I passed and I took a chance and hope that it is torn or ripped.

This was the British Home Store (BHS) shop in the centre of the main shopping street in Aberdeen. The store was closed back in 2016 after 42 years of trading. For some reason, the building was demolished but left with just the structural fabric and there is no plan, as yet, for what they are going to do with this unsightly gaping hole!

Week 28 Unsightly

Unsightly by Stan, on Flickr

Certainly a bit of an eyesore! There may be structural reasons for keeping it for now.

A perfect fit for the theme!

Thanks, Paul

Certainly a bit of an eyesore! There may be structural reasons for keeping it for now.

Cheers, Dave. I can see the reason for keeping the frontage to stabilise the adjacent buildings.

Great shot for the theme. They couldn't have left it looking more of an eyesore if they'd tried!

Great contrast between the two themes, b&w and bright colour is a really good choice.

Love the perspective in unsightly, and the nicely mown grass and pretty flowers makes a lovely scene.

Great contrast between the two themes, b&w and bright colour is a really good choice.

Love the perspective in unsightly, and the nicely mown grass and pretty flowers makes a lovely scene.

Thanks, Graham. That public park garden has always been beautifully kept all year round.

I'll just park this comment here :)

I thought that looked like some wierd brass rabbit top right lol. So I downloaded the full size and looked. It's a wierd brass rabbit!!!

Nice shot! :)

I'll just park this comment here :)

I thought that looked like some wierd brass rabbit top right lol. So I downloaded the full size and looked. It's a wierd brass rabbit!!!

Nice shot! :)

Cheers, Dave. Well spotted on the hare sculpture. There are 40 of these hare wildlife art sculptures all over the North and North East Scotland in aid of cancer charity. Info is HERE

And here are some images of them. This is the one you are on about
Great Granite by Sandra Webster by Stan, on Flickr Zephyr by Ewen J Milne by Stan, on Flickr Harey Biker by Ian Matthew by Stan, on Flickr Skipper O'Hare by Ali Elly by Stan, on Flickr

Back