Monthly *sarah* 2013 ETC February added

*Sarah*

Peel Me!
Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
Yes
Since completing last years 52 I've been looking for a new challenge and have decided at last minute to join the fun here! (nothing like leaving it until the last minute!):)

As I have left it so late I have decided to just concentrate on one thing this month but am hoping in future to have more variety and to push myself more! This month I have taken 6 physiograms, I hadn't heard about these before but enjoyed having a play. I used a maglite torch and hung it from the kitchen light, placed the camera on the floor, used bulb setting and then fired away. I experimented to change colours by fastening different coloured gels over the torch. (It was a good excuse to eat more chocs to get the gels!).

Things I have learnt - changing gels in the dark can be interesting!:)
it's not good when the torch turns off so far through
it's no good trying to guess what it'll look like!:)

1st attempt physiogram by *sarah*., on Flickr

physiogram by *sarah*., on Flickr

physiogram by *sarah*., on Flickr

Physiogram by *sarah*., on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Sarah,

First of all well done for completing a 52's. :clap: It wasn't easy was it? Pretty intense with different theme coming up every week. Were you on 2011 too?

Anyway, your physiograms are the best I have seen, very clear, spot on focus and brillent patterns. :clap: I particular love no. 6 (y) Like to know you manage to achieve the purplish pattern.

Welcome to the fun! Fantastic effort for such a late entry. I like how (i guess) you've layered multiple physiograms together, they all seem to work. I tried to do the same but they just looked weird. Well done, looking forward to what you can do given a whole month :)

Hi, Sarah :wave:

I agree with Stand, these are some of the best I've seen. The detail is what makes them great for me, closely followed by the patterns and then the colours.

Great show.

Is Peter not joining us :D

Cheers.

Hi Sarah,

First of all well done for completing a 52's. :clap: It wasn't easy was it? Pretty intense with different theme coming up every week. Were you on 2011 too?

Anyway, your physiograms are the best I have seen, very clear, spot on focus and brillent patterns. :clap: I particular love no. 6 (y) Like to know you manage to achieve the purplish pattern.

Thank you Stan, the 52 was difficult at times but it certainly helped me a lot with my creative side! Last year was my first year at the 52 and I'll prob due it again in the future but I needed a break this year, the most difficult bit was keeping up with commenting on others especially at the beginning when there were so many people doing it!:)

The purple was the wrapping off a chocolate fastened around the torch, the cellophane off chocs is also good for putting over speedlights for a different lighting effect!:)

Welcome to the fun! Fantastic effort for such a late entry. I like how (i guess) you've layered multiple physiograms together, they all seem to work. I tried to do the same but they just looked weird. Well done, looking forward to what you can do given a whole month :)

Thank you Jason, the only ps I did was a crop, curves and a little clean up. I had the camera on bulb setting and each shot was between 2 - 3 mins. After a short time spinning with one colour I'd catch the torch, turn it off and quickly change the cellophane for a different colour and then let it spin again.

The tricky bits were changing the cellophane in the dark without switching the torch back on and releasing it smoothly - I couldn't use a couple because the torch "jumped" on release and gave broken lines!:)

Hi, Sarah :wave:

I agree with Stand, these are some of the best I've seen. The detail is what makes them great for me, closely followed by the patterns and then the colours.

Great show.

Is Peter not joining us :D

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, I am pleased with how they turned out but I'm not sure if I'll rush back to take more!

I don't think Peter is joining us on this one but I'm hoping he will still encourage (push!) me to finish!!:):)

Hi Sarah - impressive stuff. Probabaly not as easy as it sounds 'hang a torch up, swing it and take a pic'

Not my cup of tea as a subject but super examples of the topic

Thanks Alan, there not my favourite thing to photograph either but it was fun having a go and trying to quess what they'd turn out like!:):)

These are stunning, the pinks and oranges are really vibrant.

1, 3 and 6 really stand out. Excellent work!!

Thanks Alex, and another thank you for mentioning this challenge to me - shame our hubby's are taking part as well!! (must be scared of the competetion!!:LOL::LOL:)

Wow Sarah, you have some fantastic Physiograms there! Can't fault them!

Hi Sarah , love the snow drop picture also the natural light flower shots...nice set

Steve

Hi, Sarah, I like water drop #4, but of the recent ones it's natural light #2 for me. Really like the perspective, colours and detail in the green. Not sure if you've seen it but it reminds me of a Sigma lens advertisement.

Good show.

Cheers.

Lovely set! I like the water drop ones, its like the story of the water drop and where he got to!

The flowers are stunning. You know what you need, a crazy look bowens light box!

Hi sarah

thought I'd pop in & offer some support (y)

Your physiograms are superb..I'd never heard or seen any before I saw this challenge...cracking work girlie :clap:

& that Snowdrop....awesome detail in both the petals & droplets on it (y)

The 2nd gerbera...beautiful , loely light & a great pov :clap:

You and your bloody macro lens Sarah! I honestly can't fault these :)

Hi, Sarah, I like water drop #4, but of the recent ones it's natural light #2 for me. Really like the perspective, colours and detail in the green. Not sure if you've seen it but it reminds me of a Sigma lens advertisement.

Good show.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, I've been looking out for the Sigma advert but havent spotted it yet!

Lovely set! I like the water drop ones, its like the story of the water drop and where he got to!

The flowers are stunning. You know what you need, a crazy look bowens light box!

Not sure the bank manager would agree about that crazy bowens thing!!:LOL:

Hi sarah

thought I'd pop in & offer some support (y)

Your physiograms are superb..I'd never heard or seen any before I saw this challenge...cracking work girlie :clap:

& that Snowdrop....awesome detail in both the petals & droplets on it (y)

The 2nd gerbera...beautiful , loely light & a great pov :clap:

Thanks Lynne, I hadn't heard of physiograms before either, I enjoyed taking them but I don't think I'll be rushing to take more soon!:)

You and your bloody macro lens Sarah! I honestly can't fault these :)

Thanks Mark, it is a cracking lens and lives on my camera now. It's great to experiment with depth of field!:) Get it on your wish list!!!:):)

Back