weekly Seaodyssey's 52 for 2019 Week 51 Chrissmasy & Wk52 Outtake

Certainly looks spooky to me. Nice processing :)

Certainly looks spooky to me. Nice processing :)

That is a spooky looking tree, how did you do it?
Your borrowed is a nice composition.
Hi Clive

The processing is from B&W film days.
You would process your negatives as normal, then when you expose the print in the dark room, you would flash a white light quickly onto the paper when developing it, then stop and fix it in the chemical baths.

Nowadays you use the Solarized Filter in Photoshop.

Pete

For Week 46 Environment.

While out taking <--- Dudley for his walk during daylight and before the flooded area disappear. No where as bad as further up north, but we have had 6inches of rain this week.

Flooded Floodplane by Peter, on Flickr

I have started using PhotoRaw2020, still lots to learn.
Pete

That is a very nice shot. Here in Scotland it has been really dry for once. Can't believe how much rain you have had in England.

Great shot Pete.(y)
Really nice moody, misty feel in the distance, and the reflections in the puddles are excellent.
Did Dudley go for a paddle?!:giggle:

No he does not like water after falling into a canal twice on the same day when he was a pup.:D:D:D:D

I like your screws, nice choice of background and the brass one is a nice contrast.
Environment it's like that everywhere down here at the moment which is why my last couple are indoors.

Haha it sure is far too early! Nice one :)

I love the mist in your environment shot. It really adds to it. Good hit for the theme at the moment too.
Far is another good shot and yes, it sounds s far too early ;)

Great shots there Pete!(y)

I'm with Tim, I think #2 is the better shot, the blue of the sky really 'grounds' it...if you know what I mean....though I'm not even sure if I know what I mean!!:LOL:
In any event, it's a great image, and fits the theme nicely.

Great shot for playing Pete. I prefer the wider one too. I especially like the way the two swings are opposite each other. Very well done.

^^^^ Yep that. Looks very spooky - amd would look moreso in mono :)

I think I prefer the wider shot, maybe for more context? Maybe for the bright blue sky? (You get the feeling it's a bright day in the tighter shot, but the wider one shows it).
Thanks Tim, points well made.

Great shots there Pete!(y)

I'm with Tim, I think #2 is the better shot, the blue of the sky really 'grounds' it...if you know what I mean....though I'm not even sure if I know what I mean!!:LOL:
In any event, it's a great image, and fits the theme nicely.

And Gareth

^^^^ Yep that. Looks very spooky - amd would look moreso in mono :)

Thanks Dave

Great minds indeed, Pete. Agree with others and prefer the second shot. Exposure time is good too - long enough to just blur the swing whilst still retaining some motion and details.

Thank you Stan for your comments

The second shot for me Pete, like that it shows the whole scene plus the swing blur makes it.
Below is a good fun shot and with blue sky too, might of cropped out the cow on the left though.

Thanks Dave for your comments.

Pete

Weird looking things I like the low angle but you have cut his feet off

This is my Snappers Choice Week.
I could not post it up yesterday as the Hamster was being upgraded and only came back just before I went home from work.

ICM Xmas Lights by Peter, on Flickr

Not long enought for the TEch, but I already have that one in the bag.
Pete

Back