Severn Bore's 52 for 2016

Yeah, great to try new ideas, but the colours look very off, guess they do blend more into the sky, though.

I've done a few displacement maps and am looking to try another this week.

Cheers.

A blue Buzzard, now thats not something you see every day,
or maybe they are just to well Camouflaged? :D

:clap:I've been playing around wit the Displace function too - not easy by any means, just needs a high tonal contrast image. Good on you for experimenting - half the fun is trying something new.

Abandoned - nice selection of location and perfect for the theme. I'm in the group that like the for sale sign, agree that it adds something to the story of the picture.

Camouflage - I've not heard of displacement maps before so thanks for showing me something new.

What a bright vivid colour Andrew .... and a lovely BLUE sky too !!! tack sharp and spot on for the theme.

As Carl said, nice and bright, it is was it say's on the tin (y)

Lovely bright colours Andrew.
Right on theme.

Love the brightness of this. Well thought out for the theme

Okay, going to go against the vein here. I like the colours in the shot, and the subject is nicely sharp (I will agree a shallower DoF might have helped a bit with separation), but the shot doesn't say Danger to me, it says "Health & Safety".
I appreciate where you're coming from and docks can be dangerous to the unwary, but it doesn't sell the story to me.

Interesting set of comments. Rather like that of Tim/LC2. If one wishes to be PC one could strongly argue that H&S would have required the lifebuoy to be there because of a clear and present danger thereby fully backing my claim for "Danger". However, I am terribly cynical about PC and especially the English attitude toward H&S which I consider to be entirely over the top! So,Tim, you have a point.
:D

Hi Andrew :)

A quick catch up from me...

Happy - A lovely bright image, not so sure about the WB, but minimal of an issue, loads of stuff going on, well set up and a good unusual choice for the theme :)

Abandoned - Buildings screaming out to be apartments, this sure looks like it was a hive of activity in times past, a good choice of buildings for the theme :)

Camouflaged - Sorry, really not liking this at all, but good that you tried something :)

Morning Andrew

Camouflaged - I'm with DK on this sorry a good idea but just didn't work as I find the colour make the bird stand out more

Danger - Really like this nice bright image, with the main subject of the image standing out helping to spell our Danger.

Hi Dark Knight and Mark,
Sorry you did not like the "camouflaged" Buzzard, but you can't win them all. It was actually intended to be a bit of a joke - and also for me to try displacement maps ( with minimal success. Keep the comments coming as they are always appreciated.

That is brilliant Andrew - however did you manage to get that in sharp focus. Love the take on this highly current topic. :clap:

Very well done with that falling pound, good idea, great sense of motion

Very clever Andrew, certainly on-topic this week.
Presumably it's a composite? I say that as the exif shows the shutter speed to be 1/50th and no flash, which is no way fast enough to freeze motion during a fall.
:clap:

Clever idea Andrew, it works well IMO :)

A good idea and well shot & processed Andrew. The SC adds to the slightly unrealistic feel, good story telling.

Very topical, captured well and post worked even better.

Gaz

I assume this is all done in PP, which is not to do it down - it would look absolutely at home as a graphic accompanying a story on the finance pages of a newspaper.

Hi Andrew :)

Well, that is a fabulous image, nothing not to like, nice crp, good colours, cracking effect or capture of movement, love it, no crit from me :clap:
Hi Dark Knight and Mark,
Sorry you did not like the "camouflaged" Buzzard, but you can't win them all. It was actually intended to be a bit of a joke - and also for me to try displacement maps ( with minimal success. Keep the comments coming as they are always appreciated.
Will do... as we will never all like everyone's pics, and best to be honest hey :)

Great comp for topical, great idea and very sharp.

I know it's a shoppery job but that coin looks so lovely. Top idea.

Thanks for all of the comments on "Topical". As most of you realised, Photoshop proved a godsend. I am of an age where my reactions are such that the coin would have been dropped and back in my pocket by the time I had pressed the shutter button! :confused:

A very vibrant and sharp image Andrew - spot on for the theme. Excellent DoF which shows the subject in excellent detail. :clap:

Back