Severn Bore's 52 for 2016

That''s a beautiful shot of the goose Andrew. I like in particular the sharp relief against that oof bg. :clap:

Hey Andrew. A couple of good shots. I particularly like the action in Game with that dust thrown up by the hooves and the timing of the shot to capture the clash of lances. :clap:

Static, they excel at that, until danger threatens :D
Nice meerkat, nicely taken.

Game, now that's something you don't see everyday !
Fits in nicely Andrew.

Two very nice images there Andrew

Love the happy expression on the meerkats face nice DoF

Game is a wonderful action shot love the dust really adds to the atmosphere of the image.

Nice and static meerkat shot, very sharp.

And great jousting shot, well timed, but shouldn't lances be spiky? :D Also, I find the image a bit dark...

Love your Game shot Andrew ... action and dust ... and detail in that fence structure. (y)

Nice shot for Serene, I like the foreground framing of the tree. Not entirely sure about the processing but that's a personal thing, feels slightly dark to me but otherwise I really like it.

Hi Andrew, love your little meerkat ....you've caught 'the pose' perfectly. Game, that's a very unique one for the topic, you've really caught the feel of the action there. Must admit I'm not sure about the processing on your serene shot....although the scene itself fits the theme well.

Love the way the scene is framed by the branches and undergrowth, but like others, not entirely fond of the processing.

Static - Nicely focused Meerkat, you've got the eye in focus too. Perhaps a little central?

Game - Great bit of action there, but ouch, how is it so noisy at iso 100? Is that some kind of grain effect, or a result of cropping? Sorry, I don't like the muted tones either (I initially thought it was an artifact of high iso until I checked).

Serene - And then suddenly boom! Same camera and lens. Higher iso (500) and yet a much much cleaner shot.
Spot on theme, good use of the trees to frame the shot and a diagonal leading line which draws the eye across the image. Winner!

That's a great meerkat shot - nice pose and lovely and sharp. I love the positions of the jousters you caught as well - really gives a sense of the action and excitement. I agree with Tim about the graininess - was that added in post? The framing of your serene shot is spot on and captures the peacefulness beautifully, but the greens feel rather grey and the sky colour doesn't sit quite right with me.

That is a lovely scene for Serene Andrew. Like the reeds waving in the breeze I the fg and the framing too of course.

Re comments on "Game", for which appreciated, the shot was taken into strong light with lots of dust around. It was cropped, but not severely and the contrast was increased a tad, so have to assume it was a combination that gave the grainy effect. Given the subject I thought it needed a bit of "grit".:)

LOL you're forgiven Andrew :D

Nicely in focus and nicely processed too :)

Excellent shot Andrew. Like DK, it played tricks with my mind momentarily. Well taken.

Sorry very behind on comments

Lone - It really stands out against that sky and I like the light on the leaves
Fauna - good focus on the goose and well composed
Static - lovely capture they certainly can be very static
Game - great action shot plenty of drama
Serene - lovely scene and I really like the framing.
Black and White - great Zebra shot glad I didn't use mine

Back