weekly Shirley's 52 for 2022

Ha I know the feeling. I have several old (empty) perfume bottles.

I like the negative space to the side, and the neutral background works well.

Nice. Simple and pleasing to the eye.

New - Really nice lighting on the left hand side, personally I would cropped from the left to remove what appears to be a black frame and rotate the image slightly to the right

Old - It definitely covers the theme, your subsequent image with the crashing waves is good.

Receptacle - Looks like it needed a shorter shutter to sharpen the image. Did you try any standing over the outlet looking down?

Bottle - A nice shape, it's certainly looks a good few years old.

Nice bottle shot.

I'm with you.. I have a couple of bottles that are way beyond their sell-by date but I can't bear to throw them away. Nice one.

Week 5 ~~ Snappers Choice. Mynydd means mountain, a taste of a Welsh road sign. It appears to go round but there is no roundabout more of country lanes, fingers crossed never to meet another car.
map.jpg

An extra photo to-day I went onto the hill mostly to find Green Woodpeckers, no luck to-day so took the sign. Its a perfect place if an RAF training plane should come along. Back into the village and I could hear a plane, got a photo but it would have been great should I be above it rather than underneath. Every day for years they have been flying very low, from RAF Valley, Anglesey, just across the sea.
fly over.jpg

Both nice shots. Saw those training aircraft when we were on holiday on the Menai Strait last May.
loving the slate road sign too

Love the sign Shirley, I can't even think of how to pronounce most of them...

Easy for you to say :LOL:

Nice Tucano - I think I saw that on Facebook yesterday! We must be in the same group.

Easy for you to say :LOL:

Nice Tucano - I think I saw that on Facebook yesterday! We must be in the same group.
Oh! you mean the plane, no on TP on a thread transport. We are in the same group Talk Photography:rolleyes:

At least on the major roads the signs also have english on them...at the moment?

My Nan was from North Wales, it doesn't help

Pete

What a sign! It sounds like a bit of a scary drive.

I just had to check my Tucano pictures to see if I'd shot the same one - I didn't! Mine was ZM330 and shot in pre-covid times.

Week 6 ~~ Alleyway
With the weather terrible yesterday I just had to take my Lumix and take a sort of alleyway from a gate to another gate. Bit of a boring photo really.
999.jpg

Ah well, you can tick it off and move on :)

It occurred to me that it is one of those themes that is very hard to fulfil indoors. Most themes you can usually conjure up something without venturing out.
I live in a rural spot, so alleyways are hard to come by, and when I made a rare trip into town, I forgot my camera!!

More a driveway but needs must :). Perhaps a very low-down shot to show more of the texture of the gravel might have spiced it up?

LOL, I thought that I was looking through the trees o the sky Shirley. Took me a few to realize that it was looking through the weeds at a reflection in the water.

I was the same as Darkslinger I thought it was the sky until I read the post.

I can see some reflected sky, but on my laptop screen it is very hard to see what is going on (not your fault)

I thought it was a nice piece of light, not good at themes it seems. I'll end it here. Just don't enjoy negative comments with every single photo.

It's always good to catch a pocket of light, well spotted. I don't know if it's stronger with the main reflection centred and the image zoomed in a bit.

I thought it was a nice piece of light, not good at themes it seems. I'll end it here. Just don't enjoy negative comments with every single photo.
I spotted I was looking at a reflection straight away and it certainly does fit the theme. If you want the tech ticked off, you need to mention it in the post by the way.

I had to go back and read the comments because I had read through them and hadn't noticed any that I thought were negative. For this theme, I don't think there are any? Perhaps the Alley shot - I was guilty like others of saying yes the box is ticked, but that isn't negative - we all have weeks when we just want the tick because of the weather, or life getting in the way, I have done this too and on those weeks I almost don't want anyone to comment, I just want to move on.
Please don't feel disheartened.

Back