Simon's 52 in 2024

Lovely shot Simon and much better on Flickr. Is feeding birds from the hand a regular thing in that park

Aw, lovely. Well captured.
Thanks Helen!
Lovely shot Simon and much better on Flickr. Is feeding birds from the hand a regular thing in that park
Cheers Keith. It’s a pretty proposal place with many trails, so loss of wildlife. I’ve had no problems finding robins, great t and squirrels to feed from hand. I even had a squirrel climbing up my leg last year as I was holding a bag of nuts and seed. Off the busiest paths it’s quite easy - just need a little patience and a steady hand!

Last edited:
Reactions: nog
Great shot, I think it works better still with a tighter crop.

Week16 - Empty

Blimey - how are we at week 16 already?

Anyway, strolling around Barry Island this morning and the big wheel caught my eye, empty of its gondolas - it's either undergoing refurbishment/maintenance (more likely), or being dismantled. I thought it fits the bill with an unusual take.

Big Wheel by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Yep that works!

Scene from a spooky movie coming up!

Week 17 - Structure

Just back from a short break to the Cardigan area

On a wet and gloomy day we drove up the coast to Aberaeron where I took a shot of the groynes helping to maintain the integral structure of the coast. As ever when posting two photos it's tricky to pick the one for the theme. I like the colour one for it's muted colour tones and seagull, but the mono pips it for me

Aberaeron Groynes by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Aberaeron Seagull by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Colour for me with the budgie :)

Back