weekly Sparrow's 52, 2016 -Week 38 and 39 metal reshoot and big added

Neat idea. Tidily put together. Colour for me please. (y)

Hi Liz, some solid technical photography in those images - they're all taken well. You've brought them all well together to fit the theme and overall, it's a very accomplished image for what is a tricky theme. Well done and looking forward to more from you :)

Great montage. have scrolled up and down for a minute or so over both versions. Colour version is definitely punchier but for me the black and white gets the edge as it is more subtle and not overpowering, but then again to keep things topical they need to attract attention. :thinking:

Great idea. This could be a round off Have I Got News For You.

Hard to choose a favourite Liz but I think the colour one gets it .....very eye catching and Topical too :)

Topical - I like the colour version really stands out at me, plenty going on in the image. Nicely thought out and taken, well done.

Colour version for me, old news is at times just as topical, especially over the garden wall/fence, nice and vivid :)

Thanks everyone for taking a look and kind comments. Sorry my reply is somewhat late, I have had computer problems but l OK now:)

Great idea(s) for Topical, Liz. You've covered a lot of recent talking points there. Hard to choose between the two versions but I think the colours version wins for me, mainly because of the punchy colours of the book cover and the apples. Nicely done (y)

Neat idea. Tidily put together. Colour for me please. (y)

Hi Liz, some solid technical photography in those images - they're all taken well. You've brought them all well together to fit the theme and overall, it's a very accomplished image for what is a tricky theme. Well done and looking forward to more from you :)

Thanks very much everyone for taking a look and kind comments. Liz:)

Abandoned - like the re-shoot and works very well (IMO)

Camo - nice image, well lit and a very good interpretation and capture :)

Dangerous - love simple image but love the lines and composition, especially with that gorgeous sky - well done

Topical - colour for me and ram packed with current affairs!

Thanks Jon. Liz:)

Topical -- I like the colour shot best.
Living world - well done for finding something other than grass that is green

Bet a paddy field in Asia is less water-logged but nice to see the first green shoots of Spring. Could be Topical as well as Living World. Nice shot Liz. :clap:

Topical -- I like the colour shot best.
Living world - well done for finding something other than grass that is green

Thanks for taking a look Minx. It's certainly nice to see some green:)

Bet a paddy field in Asia is less water-logged but nice to see the first green shoots of Spring. Could be Topical as well as Living World. Nice shot Liz. :clap:

Thanks Carl, I thought of a paddy field as well. It's marsh land with lots of reeds where the photograph was taken but this particular area is usually pretty dry!

Topical. Liking that a lot. Colour version for me every time.

The Living World....It's amazing how much water things will tolerate! Well spotted.

Hi, works well could maybe have got a little closer

Thanks Allan I will take a look at cropping it a little closer :)

This would qualify for Topical as well as The Living World, I think! I can only echo previous comments really; it's colourful and definitely sums up the conditions of this dismal wet winter.

Thanks Andrea, yes.. we have certainly had a wet winter, just hoping spring will bring some better weather:)

Thanks David, I am going to take a look at cropping a little closer as you and Allan have suggested.:)

Nature's own set against the human version of spiky - nice thinking for the theme Liz. The b&w treatment suits it well. :clap:

Having a quick catchup;

Camouflage - a very good idea, it's well camouflaged in those coins. Well done on the lighting, would think it would be tricky with so many reflective surfaces
Dangerous - works well against that lovely blue sky.
Topical - A good montage, covers a lot of news! Prefer the colour version, as it has more impact for me.
Living world - A nice sign of spring coming but wow, that's some waterlogged land.
Spiky - Nice, two types of spiky in one shot. I think the processing works well..

Hi Liz, living world is perfectly on theme and accurately captured (I assume, not being there!) The reflection adds some interest and works well alongside the dark tones. I'd be inclined to see if I could get the shot at a slightly shallower angle, perhaps - more depth allows more options to lead the eye through the frame?

Spiky is good - and I like the mix of natural and man-made spikes. The conversion works well for me, even though the white point (or highlights) could perhaps be pushed if you wanted. I also like the angle and position of the barbed wire in the frame. A good, solid shot :)

Very spiky, Liz
As others have said, nature v man :)

I like spiky, both the elements of the natural and the man-made combined work really well

Nature's own set against the human version of spiky - nice thinking for the theme Liz. The b&w treatment suits it well. :clap:

Thanks Carl:)

Having a quick catchup;

Camouflage - a very good idea, it's well camouflaged in those coins. Well done on the lighting, would think it would be tricky with so many reflective surfaces
Dangerous - works well against that lovely blue sky.
Topical - A good montage, covers a lot of news! Prefer the colour version, as it has more impact for me.
Living world - A nice sign of spring coming but wow, that's some waterlogged land.
Spiky - Nice, two types of spiky in one shot. I think the processing works well..

Thanks Steve for comments and taking the time to look through my shots. Liz:)

Hi Liz, living world is perfectly on theme and accurately captured (I assume, not being there!) The reflection adds some interest and works well alongside the dark tones. I'd be inclined to see if I could get the shot at a slightly shallower angle, perhaps - more depth allows more options to lead the eye through the frame?

Spiky is good - and I like the mix of natural and man-made spikes. The conversion works well for me, even though the white point (or highlights) could perhaps be pushed if you wanted. I also like the angle and position of the barbed wire in the frame. A good, solid shot :)

Thanks Paul for your helpful observations, vary much appreciated. Liz:)

Spiky - I too like the variety of spikes and the b/w suits it

Hi Liz nice take on the theme love the fact you have 2 lots of spiky in there.

Back