weekly susiejb 52 /2014 Support

Pleasing image of pleasing images ... excellent.

take on the theme .... brilliant

Odd - I can see where you're going with this but I feel it is too dark.
Linear/Line - What a great take on the theme. The tone you've added suits this well

ODD is dark - as mentioned

Linear/lines is a wonderful interpretation of the theme.

Hi
think everyone said has said it all before i got here, like different interpretation on theme and the way you've approached it

Thanks Chris for that comment on last week...I have gone for black and white this week.

11912236355_352db70734_z.jpg

Susie, I like that :) I used to the love the smell of Play Doh, does it still smell the same? :thinking: :LOL:

And how much fun did you have making them toadstools I bet :D

What did the colour version look like? :)

Thanks Mandy :)

Phil ... Play-Doh it hasn't changed a bit .... the toadstools were good fun to make :) but they kept falling over so they slowly became a bit mis-shaped:eek:
My original plan was for colour, but I took a few in black and white just to see how they looked and in the end I preferred that version.

I like the lighting on this, could maybe do with a touch more on the toadstool on the left. Looks really good though. Would be good to see the colour version too.

Most effective in mono, although I think that I'd like to see a colour version too. Looks like it needs a touch more light on the left hand side.

think I'd also like a colour one here, although the high contrast B&W works...

the position of the mushrooms also gives the hint of the ground that they are stood on, its easy to end up with things "floating" when you go for a black background and foreground

Thank you for the comments folks, much appreciated :) I did just take a look at my colour one but it really isn't worth putting on here...tooooo many silly mistakes :oops: :$
As to the lighting on the left...I do agree, I even noticed it when I was taking it, so it's my own fault that it's not right. I absolutely promised myself not to rush it this week and pay attention to detail....mmmm...that's one promise broken.
The shadow on the right hand tub is annoying me too....I have just realised that it's where some Play-Doh was left in the pot :(

I think I would prefer this in colour as Playdoh is a very colourfull product, (especially when the little angels mash it into the carpets)

Hi Susie, lovely shot, excellent black BG and a nice composition :clap:
and very well made toadstools i must say (y)

Thank you all for taking a look and for your helpful comments...they are much appreciated.

I couldn't resist a little 'play' with lighting and colour....I can never resist 'messing' with my photos :)

Now I have to go and unravel all the colours :eek:

11935744963_7769e9cc7c_z.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent Susie (y) I hope them toadstools didn't turn out to be magic ....................and actually mushrooms :whistle: :LOL:

Love the first image guess you have lots of patience making all those I'm am sure mine would certainly not be so neat.;)

Ooh, I rather like that 2nd one - and yes please don't let the colours mix in together *shuddersinanOCDway*

Thanks all :)

Mandy....I enjoy spending time experimenting in editing programmes, I just keep moving things around until I find something that I like :eek:

Paul....they did take a while....but I do have a fair bit of patience, and I quite enjoyed it !

Peter....I think a some point we get chance to re-do one, so maybe that first one would be my choice and I would try to do it in colour.

I like the extreme blacks and highlights in 'Play'. IMHO it works well.

Gerry

HI ya

the toad stools look like a work of art , mono shouldn't really work as play doh is so colourful nut it does work for some reason....lovely lighting with comments same as others have mentioned but they really are minor points...:clap: I think I'd prefer a smidge less space at the bottom of the shot though

As for your 2nd image...brilliant tweak , very 60's look to it....:)

Back