weekly Susiejb 52 in 2018 LOW

I was thinking the topic was Down!, but I just noticed its Low, so this will have to suit anyway :)
I did that once, last summer the theme was Progress, I went out thinking it was Proceed and came back with pics of people crossing the road. It took a couple of days and murmurings of Shoehorn for me to realise what I'd done. :D:p

Anyway your fishing rod is absolutely fabulous. :clap:

... off to get the Raynox out, yet again, :runaway:

You know, this should be used as a Raynox promo shot. :cool:

Hi Susie,

Really have been rubbish at commenting this year, and am now behind with pictures again! :( Anyway, 2nd shadow image for me, nice and simple but they actually often take the most time to get perfect. The dandelion clocks are lovely again I like the second one best, they look so delicate. I love the fishing rod, I think the dof really works to make you wonder whats at the end :D

beautiful - I prefer the first photo, great focus and DoF and B&W conversion works a treat. It looks so delicate...
low - well, I'm not a fan of the ultra shallow DoF, but it's a good photo and right on theme. If I had to be picky I would mention that dark object in the lower right corner...

Good idea for low, may be a bit to shallow DoF for me but gets the theme across well.

Hi Susie :).

Beautiful - mono works very good, both shots are fine, but I think second one takes my vote.
Low - I like simplicity of this photo, perhaps as mentioned slightly deeper fov would work bit better, but it's good shot nonetheless :)

His Susie, I hope you are well sorry I haven't been into look at your images for a bit its been hard to find the time of late to keep on top.

Unattractive - a very good image for a quick take on the theme, good colours fair to say the flower has gone past its best.
Shadow - both lovely takes on the theme, but i like the screws with the varying length of shadows coming from them.
Beautiful - I agree with you they really are wonderful creations and both of your images stand out brilliantly to me.
Low - you just cant beat a relaxing time out fishing by a lake or stretch of river, i hope there was some nice fish caught ?. Looking at the image i wonder if a slightly tighter crop would make the image a smidgen better, i am thinking :thinking: that maybe loose enough so that you loose the first oof ring on the rod.

Beautiful - Beautiful images indeed I love them both.
Low - I like that you have focused on one of the rings it works well

Really like that great use of DoF, low or down it fits the theme (y)

Thank you Allan.

I did that once, last summer the theme was Progress, I went out thinking it was Proceed and came back with pics of people crossing the road. It took a couple of days and murmurings of Shoehorn for me to realise what I'd done. :D:p

Anyway your fishing rod is absolutely fabulous. :clap:

... off to get the Raynox out, yet again, :runaway:

You know, this should be used as a Raynox promo shot. :cool:

Awww thank you d00d ...I do love those Raynox macro lenses ...cheap 'n cheerful but do the job okay for me.

Hi Susie,

Really have been rubbish at commenting this year, and am now behind with pictures again! :( Anyway, 2nd shadow image for me, nice and simple but they actually often take the most time to get perfect. The dandelion clocks are lovely again I like the second one best, they look so delicate. I love the fishing rod, I think the dof really works to make you wonder whats at the end :D

I am constantly behind with comments this year too Georgina ...seem to catch up then fall behind again straight away. Thank you for taking the time to look in ....very much appreciated.

Low is on theme, nice dof on the rings but I like it.

Thank you Dave.

beautiful - I prefer the first photo, great focus and DoF and B&W conversion works a treat. It looks so delicate...
low - well, I'm not a fan of the ultra shallow DoF, but it's a good photo and right on theme. If I had to be picky I would mention that dark object in the lower right corner...

Thanks for looking in Bernd, that's the reel on the end of the rod that you can see.

Good idea for low, may be a bit to shallow DoF for me but gets the theme across well.

Thanks Chris.

Hi Susie :).

Beautiful - mono works very good, both shots are fine, but I think second one takes my vote.
Low - I like simplicity of this photo, perhaps as mentioned slightly deeper fov would work bit better, but it's good shot nonetheless :)

Thank you Tom ....much appreciate you looking in.

Razor thin DOF on the single eye works for me Susie....

Thanks Mark, I did really like that shot myself ....was quite proud of that focus :)

His Susie, I hope you are well sorry I haven't been into look at your images for a bit its been hard to find the time of late to keep on top.

Unattractive - a very good image for a quick take on the theme, good colours fair to say the flower has gone past its best.
Shadow - both lovely takes on the theme, but i like the screws with the varying length of shadows coming from them.
Beautiful - I agree with you they really are wonderful creations and both of your images stand out brilliantly to me.
Low - you just cant beat a relaxing time out fishing by a lake or stretch of river, i hope there was some nice fish caught ?. Looking at the image i wonder if a slightly tighter crop would make the image a smidgen better, i am thinking :thinking: that maybe loose enough so that you loose the first oof ring on the rod.

Thank you Mandy ....I'm struggling for time myself ...I really should hop in every day and keep up!
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, strangely I didn't try a crop on that side, I did crop some off the top.

Beautiful - Beautiful images indeed I love them both.
Low - I like that you have focused on one of the rings it works well

Thank you for the comments ....I do appreciate them.

Last edited:
I'm sure this challenge makes the weeks go by faster :rolleyes:

One minute I'm up to date, next minute I'm all behind again!!

Match

Match TP Week 19 2018 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Slight shoehorn here but I do love the sound of the water running into our pond. I gave this a bit of a boost ...think I've overcooked it a bit but need to move on and keep up :)

(water) MUSIC

(water) Music TP Week 20 2018 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Hi Susie,

Match - My daughter wouldn't agree that they are a matching pair. Far too similar, they need to be different colours, patterns and lengths.
nice bit of colour matching with the yellows of the line and socks and the blues of the sky and socks :)

Music - I think that shoe-horn would do Cobra proud!
I quite like the effect you've gotten here, the water looks like ice.

Match - this image pleases me. Enough symmetry to be a matching pair but enough differences in them to show they are different socks and not a reflection. The colours are great, a nice mix of blues and yellows.

Musical - well controlled highlights, and nice stillness in the water. Nice shoehorn.

Love the colours in match, so nice to see something bright and cheerful.

The water almost looks like ice, I might have toned down the bright patch bottom left but nicely captured

Susie

Low, doesn't fit the theme for me, but it is a good Image, the way the line leads you into the picture.
Match, good fit to the theme for this one, lucky to have suck a blue sky behind to match the socks. Also like the line matching the heels and toes.

Music, who doesn't like the sound of water trickling down. Good take on the theme.

Pete

Nice musical water shot.

I need a wee now!

Match ... absolute beaut, my kinda photo. Good solid colours, almost cartoonish. :clap:

Music ... cool as a mountain steam ... (y)

Match - Brilliant bright and colourful image works perfectly for the theme

Music - Yep one of natures own instruments really like that

match - brilliant shot, great choice of socks that match the colour of the sky and the washing line!
music - maybe a bit of a shoe horn, but nice exposure of the water!

Hi Susie, love the punch of colour in Match, but my OCD hates the fact the lines not straight.....
I love the sound of running water too, and I dont think youve over done the pp either

First of all, I absolutely agree with your comment: "I'm sure this challenge makes the weeks go by faster :rolleyes: One minute I'm up to date, next minute I'm all behind again!!" I WAS up-to-date, but struggled with a couple of themes and suddenly I was four weekend behind! So here I am again with over a month since my last visit.

First of all, the shallow DOF works well in your images for Low, especially when you thought the theme was Down :) The light and bokeh makes it a very pleasing image to look at.
Match is a cracker! It leaps off the patch with those bold colours and stripes and the simple blue and yellow colour palette. :clap:
Music - maybe a tiny shoehorn but I do really love the sound of water so Iit could be argued that it sounds almost musical. I think your processing is fine.

Back