weekly Susiejb 52 in 2018 LOW

Oval is a nicely taken shot, good lighting and like the use of the spoon. Thick, Does what it says on the Tin :D Another very good shot Susie, great angle to take the shot at while showing the thick paint flow off the brush.

Thanks Dave :)

Love the paint tin Susie. Angling the shot makes it special for me. Oval is beautifully lit. Being picky I would have liked to see the spoon a little more clearly, but that's just me;)(y)

Thank you John, on my main computer I can see the spoon reasonably clearly, but on my iPad not so well. I do usually check both before posting, I probably took the contrast down a tad too much.

oval - great composition and lighting, but I'm with John, I would have liked to see a bit more of the spoon. Or no spoon at all.

thick - Great photo, right on theme. The Dutch tilt works very, as does the DoF (y)

Oval - I like the lighting, lovely shot
Thick - The Jaunty Angle adds to it

Hello Susiejb.

Oval: Like this take, think the little reflection works well. great capture.
Thick. A well thought out shot, and like other comments a good angle to make it special.

Walter

Spoons been mentioned a tad to dark maybe but I like the lighting on the egg

Thick is really good shot for the theme I hate the phrase Dutch tilt so yes jaunty angle works very well here

Hi Susie,

Oval - Nice touch to include the barest hint of the spoon, it grounds the image :)
Good light, nice composition.

Thick - Your horizons are off ;) :exit:
Actually, I think the dutch angle gives it more impact, it's nicely done.

I'm with the others on the egg, nice enough but lifting the shadows would improve it I think.

Thick is very good indeed, really like the idea, the composition, the colours and details :clap:

Oval really like the lighting as GJ I might of lit the spoon a touch more.
Thick, really like this shot, the composition is excellent, just having the end of the brush and the paint in focus really works.

I like the idea of lightside/darkside of the oval with good colour (y) might have been better with no spoon there.

Thick ... glorious colour and detail with spot on focus. :clap:

Hi Susie

Egg nice image, colours nice, good details, not sure about the spoon.

Thick, nice focus on just the paint brush, angle (dutch or Not) adds to the impact.

Pete

oval - great composition and lighting, but I'm with John, I would have liked to see a bit more of the spoon. Or no spoon at all.

thick - Great photo, right on theme. The Dutch tilt works very, as does the DoF (y)

Thanks Bernd, yes, I think I should have paid a bit more attention to that spoon.

Oval - I like the lighting, lovely shot
Thick - The Jaunty Angle adds to it

Thanks Alison

Hello Susiejb.

Oval: Like this take, think the little reflection works well. great capture.
Thick. A well thought out shot, and like other comments a good angle to make it special.

Walter

Hi Walter, thank you for looking in :)

Spoons been mentioned a tad to dark maybe but I like the lighting on the egg

Thick is really good shot for the theme I hate the phrase Dutch tilt so yes jaunty angle works very well here

Thanks Allan ... I'd never even heard of a Dutch tilt but you learn something new every day :)

Hi Susie,

Oval - Nice touch to include the barest hint of the spoon, it grounds the image :)
Good light, nice composition.

Thick - Your horizons are off ;) :exit:
Actually, I think the dutch angle gives it more impact, it's nicely done.

Cheeky :D Thanks Tim, I enjoyed doing the paint one.

I'm with the others on the egg, nice enough but lifting the shadows would improve it I think.

Thick is very good indeed, really like the idea, the composition, the colours and details :clap:

Thank you Chris.

Oval; Like the simple side lighting on the egg.

Thick; another simple and on theme shot. Like the composition and the 'wonky' angle.

Thank you Stan ...I like wonky, I'll settle for that :)

Oval really like the lighting as GJ I might of lit the spoon a touch more.
Thick, really like this shot, the composition is excellent, just having the end of the brush and the paint in focus really works.

Thanks Roger , the paint one gave me chance to get my macro lens out, which I always enjoy using.

I like the idea of lightside/darkside of the oval with good colour (y) might have been better with no spoon there.

Thick ... glorious colour and detail with spot on focus. :clap:

Hi d00d ...spoon or no spoon :thinking: that is the question. Good fun doing the paint one though.

Hi Susie

Egg nice image, colours nice, good details, not sure about the spoon.

Thick, nice focus on just the paint brush, angle (dutch or Not) adds to the impact.

Pete

Thank you for looking in Pete.

Last edited:
Just saw 'straight' pop up on Flickr and came through to comment. What a lovely image. Very calming and serene. Beautiful.

Wish I had the time to tackle another 52 :)

Just saw 'straight' pop up on Flickr and came through to comment. What a lovely image. Very calming and serene. Beautiful.

Wish I had the time to tackle another 52 :)

Thank you Ian, I’m glad you like it, I tend to be drawn towards these really simple compositions, like you I find something appealing about them.

Such a shame you can’t join in the 52’s.

Hi Susie, I really like your blinds shot -if only the blinds were vertical !!
Great idea mind....
PS- screws my eyes up big times !

Really nice B+W of the blinds it does kind of mess with your eyes but in a good way sort of :wideyed:

A good composition on the locks also, nice diagonals

Hi Susie, I really like your blinds shot -if only the blinds were vertical !!
Great idea mind....
PS- screws my eyes up big times !

Thanks Mark, it is a bit of an optical illusion isn’t it :)

Really nice B+W of the blinds it does kind of mess with your eyes but in a good way sort of :wideyed:

A good composition on the locks also, nice diagonals

Thanks Allan :)

I do like 'straight'. As mentioned above it does mess with your vision -- well spotted.

Oh blimey Susie, so far behind with my comments and you've completely confused my system for catching up :confused::ROFLMAO:

So I'll just comment on a couple this time and try to keep up in future. Really like the ice cream and the chilli flakes, they look good against the creamy ice-cream and just enough of the bottle to tell you what it is (y) Can't believe how many seals are on that beach! Definitely spot on for the theme. Really like the paint pot too, the dribble of paint looks good and I like the angle. Good to see you back Susie

Love those blinds Susie. Were they horizontal rotated?

... and the bokeh in the padlock shot. (y) and that's a clever choice for Guarded.

Hi Susie slowly catching up on my comments

Oval - I really like that love the lighting and the hint of the fork? holding the egg very nice indeed

Thick - Nice composition and lighting plenty of detail in the brush bristles

Straight - Love this great use of light and shadow

Guarded - I really like this great take on the theme lovely use of DoF

I really like your take on straight! Great abstract photo, nothing to criticise!

Straight is gorgeous, great light

I do like 'straight'. As mentioned above it does mess with your vision -- well spotted.

Oval - nicely lit and a good clean BG, i like the contrast of light and dark on the egg.
Thick - good sharp image and angle works well.

Two good shots Susie like the straight shot and looks great in mono. Guarded is a good shot like the rust as just pops.

Oh blimey Susie, so far behind with my comments and you've completely confused my system for catching up :confused::ROFLMAO:

So I'll just comment on a couple this time and try to keep up in future. Really like the ice cream and the chilli flakes, they look good against the creamy ice-cream and just enough of the bottle to tell you what it is (y) Can't believe how many seals are on that beach! Definitely spot on for the theme. Really like the paint pot too, the dribble of paint looks good and I like the angle. Good to see you back Susie

Love those blinds Susie. Were they horizontal rotated?

... and the bokeh in the padlock shot. (y) and that's a clever choice for Guarded.

Hi Susie slowly catching up on my comments

Oval - I really like that love the lighting and the hint of the fork? holding the egg very nice indeed

Thick - Nice composition and lighting plenty of detail in the brush bristles

Straight - Love this great use of light and shadow

Guarded - I really like this great take on the theme lovely use of DoF

I really like your take on straight! Great abstract photo, nothing to criticise!

Straight; love the simple, clean and uncomplicated composition.

Guard; another simple composition shot. Good texture and the rusty steel.

Thank you so much all for taking the time to comment, very much appreciated as always.
I really like the blinds myself ...sometimes simple works out best, and I do like b&w.

@d00d I did try our horizontal blinds but those are verticals :)

Last edited:
Definitely past it’s sell by date, lovely vibrant orange in it still though wasn’t sure about the vignette but it fits with the fading daffodil.

I think the processing suits the theme and adds to the aged/dying daffodil.

Straight
A good set of straight lines and I like the light and shadow.

Unattractive
Good detail, I'm not normally a fan of white vignetting, but it kind of works here.

Definitely past it’s sell by date, lovely vibrant orange in it still though wasn’t sure about the vignette but it fits with the fading daffodil.

Thanks Allan, the vignette was a bit of a cheat, the background was a bit messy so I put that on to even it out a bit!

I think the processing suits the theme and adds to the aged/dying daffodil.

Thank you Chris.

Straight
A good set of straight lines and I like the light and shadow.

Unattractive
Good detail, I'm not normally a fan of white vignetting, but it kind of works here.

Thanks Dominic, we have visitors here for the week so I must admit it was a bit rushed.

Past it's prime yes, but still good for a great photo! I love the muted colours and the sharpness!

Susie, sorry, I meant to aslo add that I really liked your thick shot, great idea and well executed....

And unattractive....Hmmmm.......like the idea but a little to bright for me....

Back