Susiejb 52 in 2019 WHOLE

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time with BT. I hope you get it sorted soon.

Great shot for the theme. I like the little touch of the red key line too. It really finishes it off.

Good interpretation of the theme. Sure your will power will stand the test of time. best month to do this as there are only 28 days and you will be more than half way through it now. Keep going and look forward to eating them in March. Please save me the one with white chocolate on it looks scrummy.

Well done on resisting the chocolates, it's hard to give up something you love but you're doing it for a good cause (y) The image definitely fit's the theme of waiting, as I'd be counting down the minutes!

Never heard of the Dechox but great idea and they look tasty

Roll on March when you demolish that box!

Hi Susie, nice image for the theme. If I had opened the box it would have been game over!

Waiting
You have more willpower than me, I can't think of a life without a bit of chocolate.

That works really well Susie (as does your willpower seemingly :) )
I like the strong colours and the fact you've not given into shallow DoF.
I also think the red border really adds the finishing touch to the shot.

Welcome back Susie!

Trying to catch up on my commenting!

New - Lovely image I really like the subdued lighting

Clean - Very nice indeed love the reflection and the shiny clean pins

Open - Great take on the theme lovely colourful image healthy edible props too

Distant - Lovely simple image great use of DoF

Cold - Love this the red berry really stands out another great use of DoF

Waiting - Great take on the theme and more edible props even if you can not eat them until March (only a few hours to go now) l like the composition

More will
power than me Susie, nicely taken and on theme
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time with BT. I hope you get it sorted soon.

Great shot for the theme. I like the little touch of the red key line too. It really finishes it off.
I like the way you've made that fit the theme, Susie, and well done on your restraint in the face of broadband troubles! Hope it's sorted soon and I bet those chocs will taste wonderful on the 1st :D
Good interpretation of the theme. Sure your will power will stand the test of time. best month to do this as there are only 28 days and you will be more than half way through it now. Keep going and look forward to eating them in March. Please save me the one with white chocolate on it looks scrummy.
Well done on resisting the chocolates, it's hard to give up something you love but you're doing it for a good cause (y) The image definitely fit's the theme of waiting, as I'd be counting down the minutes!
Never heard of the Dechox but great idea and they look tasty

Roll on March when you demolish that box!
Hi Susie, nice image for the theme. If I had opened the box it would have been game over!
Waiting
You have more willpower than me, I can't think of a life without a bit of chocolate.
Wish you all the best on waiting there is no way I could.
That works really well Susie (as does your willpower seemingly :) )
I like the strong colours and the fact you've not given into shallow DoF.
I also think the red border really adds the finishing touch to the shot.
Welcome back Susie!

Trying to catch up on my commenting!

New - Lovely image I really like the subdued lighting

Clean - Very nice indeed love the reflection and the shiny clean pins

Open - Great take on the theme lovely colourful image healthy edible props too

Distant - Lovely simple image great use of DoF

Cold - Love this the red berry really stands out another great use of DoF

Waiting - Great take on the theme and more edible props even if you can not eat them until March (only a few hours to go now) l like the composition

Thank you so much everyone for all those lovely comments ...I'm really sorry my comments have been lacking but BT promised me a connection today, and now they've reneged again!!!! My O2 hotspot really is not good but I'll try my absolute best to catch up this week.

I've stuck it out with my Dechox :) I shall definitely be into those Thorntons chocolates tomorrow.

Last edited:
I don't want to get too far behind so I'm hoping to manage to get these two on.

Rough ....We have a lot of Echium growing here in Cornwall, the leaves are covered in a rough spines, hopefully this macro shows them off well.

Rough TP 19 Echium leaf. by Susiejb, on Flickr

Object ...well he has been used before for a challenge but he is one of my treasured objects ...my ancient TED.

An Object (I treasure) Tp 19 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Two great images from you Susie!(y)

Rough: Amazing detail here....I love the texture on the leaf beneath the spines, and those little brown bits....they're fascinating!
Fantastic macro image, sharpness where it counts, OOF where it matters! Super!

Object: He looks well loved! I really like the framing and the black background....those nice colours really leap out.
Great details and a wonderful image of a clearly cherished object....seems almost insulting to call him an object!!:giggle:

Rough, great details and depth of field with the angle leads the eye well.
Object, great lighting catching the eyes and a lovely colour to the fur.
Great shots!

Hi Susie,

Rough - Plenty of detail in that shot, I think it achieves what you set out to.

Object - That's a lovely old teddy. the warm lighting is set off really well by the black background and your choice of frame. (y)

Two good shots Susie, liking the macro and yes it is showing rough spines nicely.
Object Ted is a very nice shot, all the wear and tear of Ted shows how much he`s been loved.

Thanks Dave, I was pleased to be able to keep up, I hate falling too far behind.

Two great images from you Susie!(y)

Rough: Amazing detail here....I love the texture on the leaf beneath the spines, and those little brown bits....they're fascinating!
Fantastic macro image, sharpness where it counts, OOF where it matters! Super!

Object: He looks well loved! I really like the framing and the black background....those nice colours really leap out.
Great details and a wonderful image of a clearly cherished object....seems almost insulting to call him an object!!:giggle:

Thank you Gareth, Ted is one item I’ve kept for a very long time!

Rough, great details and depth of field with the angle leads the eye well.
Object, great lighting catching the eyes and a lovely colour to the fur.
Great shots!

Thank you ....very much appreciated :)

Hi Susie,

Rough - Plenty of detail in that shot, I think it achieves what you set out to.

Object - That's a lovely old teddy. the warm lighting is set off really well by the black background and your choice of frame. (y)

Thanks Tim, Ted does look a bit careworn so I gave him a bit of a facelift with the lighting :)

Two good catch ups Susie nice leaf and very rough looking and who doesn’t like a teddy Bear picture, we have a book in the house called “much loved” which is a series of pictures of peoples soft toys and the stories behind them your picture reminds me of that

Good catch up. Like the macro very much and poor old Ted!! I had one of these which survived my childhood but not my daughter's!!

Two excellent photos Susie. The macro really does show lots of fine rough detail. What's not to love about Ted. Nicely lit. It feels very warm and snuggly :)

Two good catch ups Susie nice leaf and very rough looking and who doesn’t like a teddy Bear picture, we have a book in the house called “much loved” which is a series of pictures of peoples soft toys and the stories behind them your picture reminds me of that

Thanks Allan, I looked the book up on Amazon and bought I copy, I have quite a few bears ...I really like them :)

Good catch up. Like the macro very much and poor old Ted!! I had one of these which survived my childhood but not my daughter's!!

Thank you Bob...using Macro is definitely one of my favourites.

Two excellent photos Susie. The macro really does show lots of fine rough detail. What's not to love about Ted. Nicely lit. It feels very warm and snuggly :)

Thank you Lee ... I do think bears are timeless treasures.

Love the teddy bear shot, nice lighting and the border looks great, well done

Two nice shots Susie, my favourite has to be Ted. We bought out first granddaughter a teddy which we hope she will treasure for years to come. Battered as well looks well loved

Love the teddy bear shot, nice lighting and the border looks great, well done

Thank you Jim, I sometimes like using a frame , it just adds an extra something.

Two nice shots Susie, my favourite has to be Ted. We bought out first granddaughter a teddy which we hope she will treasure for years to come. Battered as well looks well loved

Thanks Chris ....well my son still has his teddy bear and hes 37! so they are definitely treasured, thats a lovely gift for your grandaughter

Another excellent shot, really like this!

Rough - really like this and the great detail in the macro

Object - lovely image. Great detail and warmth to it and nicely framed

Wet - very, very nice image. One of my favourites this week

Hi Susie,

Big catch up on commenting. I have been very slack :(

Distant - Lovely sharp shot and very nice colours, might have worked in B&W too.
Cold - Love how the snow is balancing on the very slim twig and the pop of red makes it for me
Waiting - Well done you, hope you made it to the end of the month!
Rough - The macro worked well they certainly look rough.
Object - Lovely ted. I like the orange frame and the writing to match, nice black bg, only thought is that his ears are a little close to the top
Wet - Nice idea. nice colours in the bubble and good reflection too

:D

Susie

Open, plenty of colourful fruit and on theme, I would never of thought of that.

Distant, good shoehorn, love the details in the image against the oof background.

Cold, so very good, I like the striking red against the black and white, again oof background is ace.

Waiting, never heard of that before, focus is spot on the chocolates.

Rough, Theme is clear on this image and a better macro shot Than I have managed yet.

Object, Ted is nice, I had one like that but he wandered off decades ago.

Wet, clever image, love the rainbow in the bubble.

Pete

Hi Susie, just catching up again and you've posted three really good images since my last visit; the close-up details in your Rough image definitely convey the theme with those spiky details, the teddy in Object is lovely and made me smile as I have one just like him, and the bubble for Wet is not just an excellent idea but you've captured it very well with those fab rainbow colours and the reflection on the surface. That's something I want to try in future.

Clever idea and nice reflection.

Thank you.

Wow, excellent picture

Thank you.

Another excellent shot, really like this!

Thank you, much appreciated..

Cracking shot for wet Susie, loving the colours in the bubble and nice reflections.

Thanks Dave.

Fantastic macro shot Susie, I love the bands of colour on the bubble.

Thank you Carl
Rough - really like this and the great detail in the macro

Object - lovely image. Great detail and warmth to it and nicely framed

Wet - very, very nice image. One of my favourites this week

Thank you Ian , very much appreciate your comments.

What a superb image Susie!
The bands of colour are terrific and the composition is excellent!
A very compelling image, I like the curved shadow area inside the bubble - perfectly mirrors the curved shape of the bubble....clever!
Marvellous!(y)

Thank you Gareth ...super encouraging as always :)

Hi Susie,

Big catch up on commenting. I have been very slack :(

Distant - Lovely sharp shot and very nice colours, might have worked in B&W too.
Cold - Love how the snow is balancing on the very slim twig and the pop of red makes it for me
Waiting - Well done you, hope you made it to the end of the month!
Rough - The macro worked well they certainly look rough.
Object - Lovely ted. I like the orange frame and the writing to match, nice black bg, only thought is that his ears are a little close to the top
Wet - Nice idea. nice colours in the bubble and good reflection too

:D

Thank you Georgina for that marathon catch up, yes, Teds ears are very tight to the top but I'd messed about a lot and sometimes you just have to say ...I'll take what I've got. Much appreciate your comments.

I like the inclusion of the reflection along with that nice bit of colour.

Hi Michael, thank you for looking in.

Love your shot for Wet Susie. A really interesting image that's perfect for the theme and very creative.

Thank you Lee.

Very nice indeed. Good idea for the theme.

Thanks Bob.

Susie

Open, plenty of colourful fruit and on theme, I would never of thought of that.

Distant, good shoehorn, love the details in the image against the oof background.

Cold, so very good, I like the striking red against the black and white, again oof background is ace.

Waiting, never heard of that before, focus is spot on the chocolates.

Rough, Theme is clear on this image and a better macro shot Than I have managed yet.

Object, Ted is nice, I had one like that but he wandered off decades ago.

Wet, clever image, love the rainbow in the bubble.

Pete

Thank you Pete for that lovely catch up very much appreciated, I'm glad you like like them :)

Hi Susie, just catching up again and you've posted three really good images since my last visit; the close-up details in your Rough image definitely convey the theme with those spiky details, the teddy in Object is lovely and made me smile as I have one just like him, and the bubble for Wet is not just an excellent idea but you've captured it very well with those fab rainbow colours and the reflection on the surface. That's something I want to try in future.

Hi Andrea ...bubbles are great fun ...I tried doing a frozen bubble this week but failed miserably!

Last edited:
Back