Susiejb 52 in 2019 WHOLE

Hi Andrea ...bubbles are great fun ...I tried doing a frozen bubble this week but failed miserably!

That's something I wasn't even aware of until this last year or so and there are some fascinating speeded-up videos of a bubble being blown and then freezing from the bottom up. Definitely another thing for the wish/to-do list :)

Sorry a bit late this week with comments, but I agree with the above well caught rainbow in the bubble a really good idea

Rough - Some lovely details captured in that one Susie nice lighting too.

Object - He's a lovely chap great lighting and detail he's obviously very well loved.

Wet - A cracking image so simple with some lovely colours on the top of the main bubble

Sorry a bit late this week with comments, but I agree with the above well caught rainbow in the bubble a really good idea

Thanks Allan, always appreciate you looking in.

Rough - Some lovely details captured in that one Susie nice lighting too.

Object - He's a lovely chap great lighting and detail he's obviously very well loved.

Wet - A cracking image so simple with some lovely colours on the top of the main bubble

Thank you Mark, much appreciated.

Really nice image for wet Susie, very imaginative, the colours are great !

Thank you Chris :)

Well that's not at all gaudy is it, someone needs to go and have think about what they have done, Im glad you posted it I would never have believed it.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday :)

Gaudy is good, and quite typical of other stuff I have seen on the coast in Spain…. so tasteless it's actually eye-catching. Whack an electric guitar in front of some repro Roman/Greek columns!! Brilliant find and well-captured.

Great image for the theme Susie. Well composed, and that blue sky...... Enjoy your holiday.

Well that's not at all gaudy is it, someone needs to go and have think about what they have done, Im glad you posted it I would never have believed it.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday :)
Gaudy is good, and quite typical of other stuff I have seen on the coast in Spain…. so tasteless it's actually eye-catching. Whack an electric guitar in front of some repro Roman/Greek columns!! Brilliant find and well-captured.
Rome:D with an electric guitar is good for the theme Susie, have a great holiday and bring back warm sunshine.
Great image for the theme Susie. Well composed, and that blue sky...... Enjoy your holiday.
Entrance
Very subtle, you would hardly know it's there ;)

Thank you for looking in folks .... much appreciated .....it’s definitely an eye catching spot :cool:

I love the composition and the colours are very vibrant.
I think it works tremendously well....the richness of the colours compliments the (non-too-subtle) subject matter perfectly!
The blues of the sky and steps(?) are very well framed, and the guitar is a great focal point.
Excellent work Susie, hope you have a splendid holiday!!(y)

Like you bubble image. Colours and the placement so it arches through the frame

I love the composition and the colours are very vibrant.
I think it works tremendously well....the richness of the colours compliments the (non-too-subtle) subject matter perfectly!
The blues of the sky and steps(?) are very well framed, and the guitar is a great focal point.
Excellent work Susie, hope you have a splendid holiday!!(y)
nice colours, and good composition too. phone shot as well for a bonus point.
Like you bubble image. Colours and the placement so it arches through the frame
thats one hell of a entrance :eek:
enjoy the sun :)
Wow! Now that IS an entrance! Nice shot Susie and please bring back some blue skies :)
Impressive entrance, nice shot. Framed really well.

Thank you so much folks I really do appreciate all of your comments.
I really hope to get stuck in again from now on ...its fatal to fall behind :(

At last I'm catching up ... these were all taken with my phone this weekend.

Young ....SOOC
I was in London on Saturday with my Grandaughter, this young lady was posing inside one of the art exhibits at the Saatchi Gallery.

YOUNG TP 2019 by Susiejb, on Flickr

FOOD Afternoon Tea at The Shard, a birthday treat for my Grandaughter, we were so happy that we had a window seat.

Food TP 2019 by Susiejb, on Flickr

SMOOTH

We enjoyed a smooth journey home, I love this journey, as you pass through Dawlish the view is like a picture on the wall.

SMOOTH Journey TP 2019 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
Beautiful images Susie!(y)

Young: I do so love the abstract quality here, masterfully shot and the reflections are great. It would still have been a terrific image without the young lady posing, but her being there has improved it substantially! There's echoes of the opening sequence to the James Bond films too!
Food: beautifully laid out trolley and I love the background. Excellent warm feel too, certainly has a sense of joy and happiness.
Smooth: It really does look like a picture on the wall of the train....superbly shot image indeed!

Young is a great shot Susie :clap: both food and smooth work well, nice to get the BG in food too

Young is the shot of the bunch here for me, absolutely brilliantly composed - love it.

Food and Smooth are nice shots, I do like the look of the food, I hope it was a nice afternoon tea!

Hi Susie,

Wet - Excellent shot, you've captured the colours reflected / refracted in the bubble really well :)

Entrance - Lovely colours caught there. The guitar stands out well against the background. As Allan alludes, it is perhaps slightly OTT.

Young - Well that's a thing isn't it... Very, erm, interesting :) Can't have been easy to shoot either with all the reflections . Nicely silhouetted SooC (y)

Food - I like the frame that the curate provides. I like the blurred out view of ye olde Lundinium that you have there too. (You can almost se my office - it's hidden behind the Nat West Tower).

Smooth - Looks like you were in an HST. Make the most of it, it'll be Pendos next year!
The sea at Dawlish can be soo fickle. Smooth like in your shot, or raging storms.

Three great shots to catch up!!
YOUNG - this is just a spectacular shot. Really like it.
FOOD - I like the bright colours against the grey backdrop. Very effective.
SMOOTH - definitely a picture on the wall! Smooth ride back home after a busy day in the capital!!

Hi Susie

A fabulous set of images to catch up with.
Young is an absolute belter and SooC too. Love it!
Nice shot for Food too. Looks like a lovely tea a long way up. Is that High Tea? ;)
Great shot for Smooth too. It really does look like a scene on a choalate box rather than through a train window.

Beautiful images Susie!(y)

Young: I do so love the abstract quality here, masterfully shot and the reflections are great. It would still have been a terrific image without the young lady posing, but her being there has improved it substantially! There's echoes of the opening sequence to the James Bond films too!
Food: beautifully laid out trolley and I love the background. Excellent warm feel too, certainly has a sense of joy and happiness.
Smooth: It really does look like a picture on the wall of the train....superbly shot image indeed!

Thank you Gareth, I was pleased considering they were all off my phone.

Young is a great shot Susie :clap: both food and smooth work well, nice to get the BG in food too

Thanks Allan ...it took a bit of juggling about to get get the background right.

As you may know, I’m a big fan of framing. Absolute cracker of a shot!

Thank you, I'm pleased you like it, its a cracking view.

Well Susie, even though they are taken with your phone these shots are great and love them all. Young and the last one are fantastic.
Thanks Dave Young is my favourite too.

Young is the shot of the bunch here for me, absolutely brilliantly composed - love it.

Food and Smooth are nice shots, I do like the look of the food, I hope it was a nice afternoon tea!

It was alovely tea thank you :) Young was my favourite too.

Hi Susie,

Wet - Excellent shot, you've captured the colours reflected / refracted in the bubble really well :)

Entrance - Lovely colours caught there. The guitar stands out well against the background. As Allan alludes, it is perhaps slightly OTT.

Young - Well that's a thing isn't it... Very, erm, interesting :) Can't have been easy to shoot either with all the reflections . Nicely silhouetted SooC (y)

Food - I like the frame that the curate provides. I like the blurred out view of ye olde Lundinium that you have there too. (You can almost se my office - it's hidden behind the Nat West Tower).

Smooth - Looks like you were in an HST. Make the most of it, it'll be Pendos next year!
The sea at Dawlish can be soo fickle. Smooth like in your shot, or raging storms.

Thank you for looking so far back Tim, very much appreciated. I'm glad the sea was calm ....I didn't fancy getting washed away!

Three great shots to catch up!!
YOUNG - this is just a spectacular shot. Really like it.
FOOD - I like the bright colours against the grey backdrop. Very effective.
SMOOTH - definitely a picture on the wall! Smooth ride back home after a busy day in the capital!!

Hi Bob, Thank you for looking in, very much appreciated.

Hi Susie

A fabulous set of images to catch up with.
Young is an absolute belter and SooC too. Love it!
Nice shot for Food too. Looks like a lovely tea a long way up. Is that High Tea? ;)
Great shot for Smooth too. It really does look like a scene on a choalate box rather than through a train window.

Hi Lee, thank you, it looks as if Young was the pick of the bunch, I love it, the Saatchi certainly has some strange exhibits.

Young is a great image. That's so in your face and abstract. The colours and detail almost make you dizzy! Like it

Food - that looks amazing. Such vibrancy to the cakes and also to the image. So much to look at

Smooth - I like this. Really good working with the train window to frame the amazing scenery in the distance

Young is a great image. That's so in your face and abstract. The colours and detail almost make you dizzy! Like it

Food - that looks amazing. Such vibrancy to the cakes and also to the image. So much to look at

Smooth - I like this. Really good working with the train window to frame the amazing scenery in the distance

Thank you Ian, I like Young because its such a one off ... I won't ever see anything like it again.

Talk about playing catch up ...I'm trying to get up to date but always seem to be behind :(

My Grandaughter and I went for a look around Truro Cathedral yesterday, we were so impressed, apparently its only just over a hundred years old, but the workmanship is still stunning. Very calm and peaceful in there too, I must call in more often.

Taken on my phone.

Above TP 2019 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Really nice shot of the cathedral Susie, one minor niggle needs a little off the LHS to get it perfectly symmetrical

A very good shot and also poignant too after Notre Dame. It`s a very nicely taken image of the inside and showing the lovely roof above.

Thanks Dave ...cathedrals are so impressive, quite awe inspiring really.

Really nice shot of the cathedral Susie, one minor niggle needs a little off the LHS to get it perfectly symmetrical

Thanks Allan ...that will bug me now ....I was sure I'd checked it :)

Good take for ABOVE. I don't mind the lack of symmetry. I know how hard it is to get that but you managed very well. It's all about what's 'above' in cathedrals and churches etc so bang on theme!!

Hi Susie,

That's a great shot for Above. As you say the workmanship in these places is simply beautiful. You've done well to capture the wide dynamic range that's in there as well.

I love a catherdal pic - and this is lovely :)

Fantastic image Susie!
I tried to take a similar photo of Norwich Cathedral, but it was pretty dark, there were hundreds of people in there, and tripods were not permitted, so all mine were wobbly (I was down to 1/10th of a second!)
Yours is amazing, with such great detail.
Such a marvellous vaulted ceiling, and I especially like the balance of light you had, with perfect detail in the shadows and highlights!
Very nicely done!:clap:

Back