TalkPhotography™ Day 2012

send it now

Love competitions like this and dead pleased about the day on which it fell for me.

Will definitely promote on a couple of other photography forums/groups where I'm active. It's a competition. Who doesn't like a competition?! :thinking:

Diamond hell said:
Love competitions like this and dead pleased about the day on which it fell for me.

Will definitely promote on a couple of other photography forums/groups where I'm active. It's a competition. Who doesn't like a competition?! :thinking:

It's not really a competition, it's a fun day for the community to share a little bit of there photography life with the rest of the community (y) really pleased that you enjoyed the day though (y)

It's a competition as far as I'm concerned - an entry in there is kudos and all goodness!

Early is good!!

We should get a date organised & start promoting it now!!!

Early is good!!

We should get a date organised & start promoting it now!!!

Steph my dear, I should draw your attention to the the name of the company that owns TP, being Slack Media Ltd (y) it's call that for a reason, nothing is that well planned :naughty: well except the Jaffa Cake deliveries ;)

Staff Room Found by mwhcvt, on Flickr

(y) :LOL: :LOL:

Then I, with my spectacular organisational skills volunteer to help :D

Careful now, you know no what your letting yourself into, you have to spam the forum with at least 1000 posts in the two weeks running up to the day :LOL: :cautious:

Lol I'm sure I can recruit my housemates kids to help :D

Edit to add: besides, I drop myself in things all the time! This can't be worse than the last one!!!

(y) :LOL: :LOL:

Then I, with my spectacular organisational skills volunteer to help :D

I had spectacular organisational skills once

but ive no idea where i put them :thinking: :LOL:

Gees Nod just seen your pic looks like it was a very hard time, dont forget to send it to tpday12@talkphotography.co.uk (y)

TBH, before the op, I was so far gone, I was almost beyond caring and afterwards, I was (and still am) more than a little elated! My wife went through hell though - having to pop home from work every hour or 2 to make sure I wasn't lying in a crumpled heap somewhere and making sure I ate. Then doing the near 100 mile round trip every (and I mean EVERY) day to see me down in Plymouth.

Christ, you are making me feel faint! :eek:
Glad you are doing better now, sounds like you have been through a lot recently. Hope you recover 100% and you don't get worse again. All the best :)

I do seem to be recovering very well - my GP seems very happy with the wound closure and healing and my mantal feculties (sic) keep improving by the day (not sure the world will be able to cope if they keep doing so!!!). I really am reborn but in a real not religious sense.

:eek: ouch! Wishing you continued speedy recovery after all that! I had a really small pneumonia in March and I was very ill for three weeks, I couldn't imagine having it on top of recovering from major surgery! I used these after my gut destroying multiple doses of antibiotics were finished!

Once it was realised that it was a pneumonia rather than a gallbladder problem (symptoms were very similar), the right antibiotics knocked the Pneumonia back PDQ. I like the taste of Actimel and it's worked very well for me in the past when I've ended up on Metronidazole and another antib. That really do kill off the gut fauna (to cure the infection causing diverticulitis).

Thanks again for all the good wishes, I'm sure they've helped my recovery!

Nod.

So.....

Do we have a date yet for 2013?? :D

:D that's Bobby, my first ever cat was called Smokey and even though smokey would suit Bobby I don't like to repeat names.

I can't wait for the next one - I got the 60D two days after TPDay :LOL: but the sx30 did well!

:D that's Bobby, my first ever cat was called Smokey and even though smokey would suit Bobby I don't like to repeat names.

I can't wait for the next one - I got the 60D two days after TPDay :LOL: but the sx30 did well!

For just one horrible moment, I thought you were referring to the next cat! Like all pet owners, I dread the day when either a decision has to be made or the decision is taken away from us.:crying:

Nod said:
For just one horrible moment, I thought you were referring to the next cat! Like all pet owners, I dread the day when either a decision has to be made or the decision is taken away from us.:crying:

:-/ I'm so sorry!!!

Nope, no plans for any next animals for me at the moment - bobby is 5 and batty (my dog) is 3 and they're both really healthy and happy!!

I can't even begin to comprehend life without these two!!

I think it was about 123 members but not sure

I am pleased to be one of those that made the effort to take part and would like to thank those that took the time to put it all together(y).

I've just viewed the slideshow - twice and the images are so varied and interesting - a great view-fest and very many thanks to everyone involved in the project and for making it happen.

I know how much work must be involved.

I did notice that in the thread where we were able to post our image from the day not all images have made it into the slideshow.

Any particular reason for this please?

I did submit a lo-res image to the thread and a larger file to the email address given but it hasn't appeared in the slide show - just curious to understand what has happened along the way.

Last edited:
rhody said:
I've just viewed the slideshow - twice and the images are so varied and interesting - a great view-fest and very many thanks to everyone involved in the project.

I did notice that in the thread where we were able to post our image from the day not all images have made it into the slideshow.

Any particular reason for this please?

I did submit a lo-res image to the thread and a larger file to the email address given but it hasn't appeared in the slide show - just curious.

You had to email the hi-res version In to be included it he slideshow. The list of emails received was linked to in an earlier post http://tinyurl.com/8egu6gb I guess if you were not on the list then there was no hi-res version available to include.

You had to email the hi-res version In to be included it he slideshow. The list of emails received was linked to in an earlier post http://tinyurl.com/8egu6gb I guess if you were not on the list then there was no hi-res version available to include.

That's quite disappointing then as I did send the email and hi-res image to the correct address at the same time I posted the lo-res image in the thread.

I didn't know there was another list to check to verify the image had been received :bang:

From reading the link you sent - looks like I'm not alone.

Last edited:
rhody said:
I didn't know there was another list to check to verify the image had been received :bang: :bang:

Yeah, I only found it by chance as it wasn't linked to originally

Yeah, I only found it by chance as it wasn't linked to originally

Thanks Brian - much appreciated.

Having banned the family from the dining room for a couple of hours whilst I set up and recomposed the shot so many times to make the most of available light, I can't pretend I'm not disappointed that I missed out.

Oh well - excrement happens.

Rhody - you have mail.

Apologies the shot wasn't included - did you get an automated response that your email had been received?

Rhody - you have mail.

Apologies the shot wasn't included - did you get an automated response that your email had been received?

I missed the warning sign that no automated response was received - so my fault entirely.

I think everyone on the admin side has done really well to collate and produce the collection of images - it's my error for not double checking at the time.

Thanks for the PM - much appreciated.

Back