The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Fuji finally going to put out a 70-300? https://www.fujirumors.com/exclusive-fujifilm-working-on-fujinon-xf-70-300mm-x-mount-lens/

A lot of unreasonable comments over there - expecting a constant F4 lol, what other system has a 70-300 F4? it'll be variable, and I'd welcome that to keep it in the more sane price range. The 55-200 is already very good, if it can match that optically at 300mm and maybe F4-5.6 like most lenses this type on other systems, I'd be all in.

That was the lens I would ideally would’ve liked, but got the 55-200 recently - bother!

Very nice indeed, the second especially.

Thanks, the simplets subject often does make a really nice image. A pile of stones, a metal pole and a load of sea-water ;)

Maybe the invite only one?
I`ve started making a little theme list (admittedly some copied) ;)

The Fabulous Fuji X owners Challenge
Water drop
Smoke art
Food landscapes
Fine-art food
Flowers in ice
Abstracts
Refractive art
Kitchen close-ups
Still-life bokeh
Texture
Indoor splash shots
Tools
Tech
Music
Macro
Pets (if you have any)
Sandwich
Drink

Looks fun. Since I work in a hospital I’m sure I’ll be under house arrest sooner rather than later so might need something to keep me occupied.

Wow, don't think he looked foolish asking a simple question - I was able to answer without ever needing to check a manual too - the way manuals are laid out it was probably quicker to just ask here, there's always a few know-it alls :p
I went backwards and forwards though the manual trying to find out what it was but without knowing what it was called, or what it was for, I had no idea where to look. I thought someone on here would know and always found this forum to be very helpful and freindly.
It was a simple question (from a simple person, I admit that) requiring a simple answer.
Just shows how wrong you can be sometimes, I though fuji people helped other fuji people, never mind, that's another lesson learned :(

im enjoying seeing your IOW images, they bring back memories from when I lived there in my mid 20s( about 35 years ago) went back for a look around East Cowes and the pub where I lived ... The Star had turned into a car park for the ferry.
Hi Leroy, hope can bring back some memories for you :) East Cowes is changing rapidly and going more upmarket which is not a bad thing although I do wonder how much chaos this epidemic will cause with the planned upgrades to the Island!

I went backwards and forwards though the manual trying to find out what it was but without knowing what it was called, or what it was for, I had no idea where to look. I thought someone on here would know and always found this forum to be very helpful and freindly.
It was a simple question (from a simple person, I admit that) requiring a simple answer.
Just shows how wrong you can be sometimes, I though fuji people helped other fuji people, never mind, that's another lesson learned :(

Most of the Fuji members in here really are great and helpful, I was stuck the other day and one member was great and helped so stick around (y)

Hey, I did help ;) and most of us are very helpful, ignore the odd abrupt response. I always find it takes no longer to post a helpful response

Well, i've had a bit of a play with the X-Pro 2, really like it! Here's the 3rd image i've taken withg it, it's some of the iterms i've turned on my lathe ...

Hey, I did help ;) and most of us are very helpful, ignore the odd abrupt response. I always find it takes no longer to post a helpful response
I know you did and that is what I have come to expect from this (mainly) freindly group thank you, sorry it wasnt aimed at you. It was the abrupt, sarcastic, uncalled for coment I was meaning.

Last edited:

Water drop
Smoke art
Food landscapes
Fine-art food
Flowers in ice
Abstracts
Refractive art
Kitchen close-ups
Still-life bokeh
Texture
Indoor splash shots
Tools
Tech
Music
Macro
Pets (if you have any)
Sandwich
Drink
Sounds interesting, I’m a bit useless at these sort of challenges though :ROFLMAO:

Sounds interesting, I’m a bit useless at these sort of challenges though :ROFLMAO:

Hey, very soon I would imagine we`ll all be in the same boat (and I`m just as bad as you say you are, at these things). I just thought it might be a bit of fun, as and when it happens :)

Well, i've had a bit of a play with the X-Pro 2, really like it! Here's the 3rd image i've taken withg it, it's some of the iterms i've turned on my lathe ...

Very nice (y)

That would be a good backdrop for your pens, I reckon :)

Water drop
Smoke art
Food landscapes
Fine-art food
Flowers in ice
Abstracts
Refractive art
Kitchen close-ups
Still-life bokeh
Texture
Indoor splash shots
Tools
Tech
Music
Macro
Pets (if you have any)
Sandwich
Drink

I don't have pets, no access to smoke (unless I burn the dinner). Could also do:

Garden Birds
"In the Garden"
Things on my desk....

I don't have pets, no access to smoke (unless I burn the dinner). Could also do:

Garden Birds
"In the Garden"
Things on my desk....

That'll work. I'll add them to the list when I get back from work :)

While I'm asking questions :p - what's a good flash option for the Fuji X series that's not too big? I'm guessing my Nikon flash won't work on there. Still to try the one that come in the box with the camera - any good?

The supplied flash will do in a pinch, but it lacks power and uses the in camera battery, so avoid if possible. I just got hold of a Godox 685 and it's working really well for me so far.

Spill, what has arrived?

When I tried the 80mm on my Xpro3 I thought a nice weight set up, and then I thought ooops I got rid of my X-H1 so the 80mm and H1 will go together nicely. Plus I got a spare battery and some more 64GB cards.

Update to my message on Monday, where my Fuji Refurb X-T2 arrived with a German manual and no cover for the grip contacts cavity on the underside:
  • Emailed them on Monday
  • Got a reply on Tuesday
  • Received the two items Wednesday

You know what's coming...

:fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji:

Update to my message on Monday, where my Fuji Refurb X-T2 arrived with a German manual and no cover for the grip contacts cavity on the underside:
  • Emailed them on Monday
  • Got a reply on Tuesday
  • Received the two items Wednesday

You know what's coming...

:fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji:

Same for me, got an email from them yesterday saying they'd dispatch the cover for X-H1 - arrived this morning!

Great service.

When I tried the 80mm on my Xpro3 I thought a nice weight set up, and then I thought ooops I got rid of my X-H1 so the 80mm and H1 will go together nicely. Plus I got a spare battery and some more 64GB cards.

So you sold your X-H1 last week and have bought another this week? :oops: :$

Fair play, dunno about Dave70D to DaveX-Trans - maybe Rockerfeller :ROFLMAO:

Let it be known Here and Now, if and IF I get through this virus I WILL GIVE FREE OF CHARGE one of my X cameras (y) The lucky person will get my X-E3 FREE.

Last edited:
Back