The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Had to return my Xt3 which was brand new with a sticky button, Just felt wrong and occasionally do multiple fires when pressed. When I read up on it Fuji service states the shutter silo can get warped if too much pressure is used when screwing in a shutter button.
I had read that so I was very careful. The button has been on it for ages so I doubt it'll be that. It's definitely sticky, which it wasn't before Saturday. Googling it does seem to happen to some of them, there's a few results for sticky shutter button

Last edited:
My X100f arrived! YaY! And the EVF seems to work! YaY!

But I'm currently tearing my hair out trying to save custom settings. I've read the manual, I'm pressing the buttons just like it says and it just wont save them. I'll keep at it.

Ah. I was trying to save face detect to a custom mode but found a thread on DPR which says it's not possible so I assigned it to a back button.

Last edited:
Had to return my Xt3 which was brand new with a sticky button, Just felt wrong and occasionally do multiple fires when pressed. When I read up on it Fuji service states the shutter silo can get warped if too much pressure is used when screwing in a shutter button.
I'll never understand why the make the shutter release threaded, just put a decent button on the body to start with.

My X100f arrived! YaY! And the EVF seems to work! YaY!

But I'm currently tearing my hair out trying to save custom settings. I've read the manual, I'm pressing the buttons just like it says and it just wont save them. I'll keep at it.

Ah. I was trying to save face detect to a custom mode but found a thread on DPR which says it's not possible so I assigned it to a back button.
Might be useful

View: https://youtu.be/mWjoAcky9jc

Many times over the years I have lost the little screw in shutter buttons, but you do have to be careful not to over tighten them. If I lose the one on my X-T3 then I will just leave it.

Blue threadlock is your friend. Keeps it in place, but still removable if you need to.

Maybe it's just the way my mind works or what I've got used to but I found the X100f menus very quirky but I think I've set it up how I want to now. Boring first test shots.

ISO 2,500.

HWSADe2.jpg

ISO 4,000 in the rain.

Sby6LTr.jpg

100% from that.

Vl6V3xV.jpg

I do sort of wish I'd tried another s as I liked the basic nature of it but I'll get used to this f :D

Maybe it's just the way my mind works or what I've got used to but I found the X100f menus very quirky but I think I've set it up how I want to now. Boring first test shots.

ISO 2,500.

HWSADe2.jpg

ISO 4,000 in the rain.

Sby6LTr.jpg

100% from that.

Vl6V3xV.jpg

I do sort of wish I'd tried another s as I liked the basic nature of it but I'll get used to this f :D

Looking good Alan, remember that the F is NOT WR.

I'm sharing this one because I really like the appearance of the water drops; they look like glass marbles. Not taken with a macro lens but the 100-400 on a X-T3.

It's quite a hefty crop and I wish the front blade of grass wasn't there so I'll have to try again!

Rain Drops on Grass by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Last edited:

Having set some features onto function buttons, I find that I hardly ever visit the Q menu and everything is to hand.

And as regard to WR, my F has been very tough, its survived use in rain, imapct with pavement when I tripped in Birmingham, half buried in mud when I slipped on a muddy bank and a heavy impact on slate when I fell breaking my ankle in Snowdonia (a couple of yeras ago) - there is of course a recurring (clumsy) theme here :ROFLMAO:

Having set some features onto function buttons, I find that I hardly ever visit the Q menu and everything is to hand.

And as regard to WR, my F has been very tough, its survived use in rain, imapct with pavement when I tripped in Birmingham, half buried in mud when I slipped on a muddy bank and a heavy impact on slate when I fell breaking my ankle in Snowdonia (a couple of yeras ago) - there is of course a recurring (clumsy) theme here :ROFLMAO:

I've always used my gear in any and any weather, that's what they're for, but using common sense. Just as with my other cameras I can't see myself diving into the menus very often except for formatting the card and changing the clock.

Just playing with the camera this morning I think the lens is possibly softer wide open at close distance than the s was but it's ok as I can't see myself taking pictures of flowers at f2 too often.

Life in a dull and cold northern garden.

vpk6TCJ.jpg

WbIJw8N.jpg

Diggie bottle in a dark corner of the kitchen, at ISO 3,200.

TaBbZoL.jpg

There is noise but just imagine what that ISO 3,200 picture would look like if taken with the old Canon 20D I had :D

Last edited:
I've always used my gear in any and any weather, that's what they're for, but using common sense. Just as with my other cameras I can't see myself diving into the menus very often except for formatting the card and changing the clock.

Just playing with the camera this morning I think the lens is possibly softer wide open at close distance than the s was but it's ok as I can't see myself taking pictures of flowers at f2 too often.

Yes it is soft wide open close up, gets better with subjects a reasonable distance away. You can still get reasonable bokeh blur close up at narrower apertures, so all is not lost. My F is much better than my orginal X100 at F2 close.

Yes your 20D at ISO3200 would be a mess, my personal experienec is that the X100F is good up to 6400 and acceptable (depending on the scene) at 12800

Enjoy using it.

I still have my 20D knocking about, but sadly no lens for it, so cannot do a comparison between 20D and X-T2 at 3200 ISO.

The x-t5 is listed as £1699 new on the fuji store. Who's going for it? Other than video I can't see much difference between this and the xh2 except for it being cheaper and still having the dials.

The x-t5 is listed as £1699 new on the fuji store. Who's going for it? Other than video I can't see much difference between this and the xh2 except for it being cheaper and still having the dials.
Yes Tom. That’s pretty much it. There are a few on here who’ve preordered. I’ll leave it to them to own up (currently I’m not one of them, funding issue)

Yeap that's sums it up. The X-H2 is the better camera specs wise, bigger buffer, full 8k the articulating screen so it comes down to how much you value the dials and the 150 grams it weighs less. I have an X-T3 and love it but I am renting an X-H2 (free if you rent for up to two days though you have to pay a refundable deposit) just to see if on a days worth of shooting I prefer the more mainstream layout and better grip or I am better off going for the smaller / lighter body of the X-T5.

The EVF in the X-H2 is higher resolution, larger magnification and higher refresh rate - that and the larger buffer for video are the main ‘internal’ differences.

Hoping that enough people upgrade from the X-T4 that the prices of those fall enough to tempt me to grab one.

Yes Tom. That’s pretty much it. There are a few on here who’ve preordered. I’ll leave it to them to own up (currently I’m not one of them, funding issue)
Not an already having 4 cameras issue then ? Lol

The x-t5 is listed as £1699 new on the fuji store. Who's going for it?
I got one on pre-order :)

I kinda miss my T2, although still like the 2 dials on my H1. I hate the SPAM dial ;)

It's 'orrible here today so although I have to venture out I won't be taking any picture so I've yet to get out with my X100f so here's another practice picture.

Dinner's ready, ISO 12,800. There is noise and it wont win any prizes but it's useable as a whole picture :D and no doubt more so when her mam sees it on a tablet screen.

gYBI3tL.jpg

Last edited:
£1319 on e-infinity doesn't seem bad at all. Although on Fuji store it was £150 ish less than the x-t5, would expect more of a difference.

I'm waiting on an e-infinity repair (of a X-mount lens) before giving them any more money.

Looks like £1000 gets a private sale for the X-T4, a bit more from MPB/etc and £1200+ at Fuji refurb. I should probably wait until a few more people are unloading after upgrading to the 5 - prices should soften a bit.

XH2 arrived on Monday, finally unboxed it last night. First impression is yuk. Not liking PASM at all and it feels very unintuitive at first play. Three years of dials has done this to me! I’ll have a play over the next few days but I’m already feeling a return is going to happen

XH2 arrived on Monday, finally unboxed it last night. First impression is yuk. Not liking PASM at all and it feels very unintuitive at first play. Three years of dials has done this to me! I’ll have a play over the next few days but I’m already feeling a return is going to happen
Send it back. It’s not for you. Get the T5. First impression is usually correct.

Interesting. I have one on a weekend loan and am torn between the dial based approach from the XT's (which I've had for years now) and the PASM on the XH2. In some ways it's more intuitive on the XH2 so I guess my muscle memory is still dialled into years of DSLRs!

Plus I have to say the handling of the XH2 with the slightly chunkier grip does feel quite a bit better. Certainly giving me pause for thought about changing my XT4.

Interesting. I have one on a weekend loan and am torn between the dial based approach from the XT's (which I've had for years now) and the PASM on the XH2. In some ways it's more intuitive on the XH2 so I guess my muscle memory is still dialled into years of DSLRs!

Plus I have to say the handling of the XH2 with the slightly chunkier grip does feel quite a bit better. Certainly giving me pause for thought about changing my XT4.
I LOVE the ergonomics as I have large hands and always had an added grip on my XTs, it’s the PASM I can’t get my head around. I’m so used to adjusting iso and shutter speed as I go manually that I’m really struggling with the one dial

Last edited:
Back