The TP 52'ers challenge for 2020. Sign up thread.

Hi, I’m afraid I failed at the last few hurdles due to overwork and finally flooding. We were in a Premier Inn for a month after a metre of water inundated our cottage for the second time (repeat of 2007). Stress is paramount. Only moved into temp accommodation early December. Now holidaying whilst it dries out and won’t be back till end of January so don’t expect too much of me for a while, but I’ll try to keep in touch.

Hi, I’m afraid I failed at the last few hurdles due to overwork and finally flooding. We were in a Premier Inn for a month after a metre of water inundated our cottage for the second time (repeat of 2007). Stress is paramount. Only moved into temp accommodation early December. Now holidaying whilst it dries out and won’t be back till end of January so don’t expect too much of me for a while, but I’ll try to keep in touch.
Absolute nightmare Liz :(
Glad it sounds like it's being sorted out.
I've added you to the 2020 spreadsheet so you can join in whenever you want/can.

Hi, I’m afraid I failed at the last few hurdles due to overwork and finally flooding. We were in a Premier Inn for a month after a metre of water inundated our cottage for the second time (repeat of 2007).
What a bloody nightmare liz! Enjoy the sun and I hope everything gets sorted out before too long though (y)

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about the flooding Liz, don`t worry about your 52 and try and enjoy the time away while your home dries out.

Did we not have over 60 starters this year but only about 20 make it to week 51 so far.
58 registered, 50 started in '19 Stan, I would hazard we'll have 17 or 18 finishers. That is actually in line with the best 3 years (percentage wise) since I have access to the records (2012). I'll post a summary of the data in the 2019 thread at the end of the year.

35 starters would be the lowest since 2012 though, I agree.

35 starters would be the lowest since 2012 though, I agree.
A small but select bunch (y)
TBH as long as there are a couple of dozen starters it makes it worth while imo.

A small but select bunch (y)
TBH as long as there are a couple of dozen starters it makes it worth while imo.
Totally agree @Cobra, and it'll make the early week commenting easier too :) :) :)
It's roughly 2:1 OldHands:NewEntrants which indicates to me that the drop off will be lower - New entrants tend to underestimate quite how much of a challenge it really is...
Of course this year (2020) they will prove me a liar and all be here next December :pics:

I am sorely tempted, having fell at the first hurdle last year as it became apparent very early on a warehouse relocation was to commence, with me managing large parts of the process for my employer. Now just finishing up and will be working from home from January I am tempted to sign up to make sure I get out the house occasionally....

I am sorely tempted, having fell at the first hurdle last year as it became apparent very early on a warehouse relocation was to commence, with me managing large parts of the process for my employer. Now just finishing up and will be working from home from January I am tempted to sign up to make sure I get out the house occasionally....

Welcome back Jon, I'm sure Tim @LC2 will be along soon to add you to the list. :giggle:

Welcome back Jon, I'm sure Tim @LC2 will be along soon to add you to the list. :giggle:
Added to the spreadsheet. You know you can't escape now... :)

Thank you for your kind words. The sun appeared today for the first time since e set off over a week ago. Enjoying our break with Missycat and family though.

I’ve not posted in this forum for such a long time. I fell out of love with photography after going pro for a few years but I miss it and am thinking a 52 week challenge might be exactly what the doctor ordered

I’ve not posted in this forum for such a long time. I fell out of love with photography after going pro for a few years but I miss it and am thinking a 52 week challenge might be exactly what the doctor ordered
Welcome aboard @Iris :)
I'll add you to the spreadsheet this evening and I'm sure @Cobra will add you to the list when he's back online.
If you've not seen them, there are some guides to get you going in the stickies (Threads/posting photos etc.)

Good luck with your 52.

Welcome, Jen. Oooo... next year is going to be at a different level now that we have a Pro on board. :)

It's 40 now Dominic (well 39 + Chris ;) )
I've shared the spreadsheet link with Chris to add any time he has a chance now.

The LINK to threads still points to last year - I'll add the correct links as each week 1 image goes live.
Once Chris posts it, if people could check I've not mucked their row up it would be good.

Last edited:
Welcome, Jen. Oooo... next year is going to be at a different level now that we have a Pro on board. :)

Ex pro, I even flogged most of my kit (admittedly to pay rent) and went back to basics [emoji23]

Ere @Cobra... Can we apply the "there is no rule 3" rule pls.
Catch-ups in the main thread make my job so much easier (and most of us ignore it anyway) ;)
- Yes I've only just bothered to look at the guides :LOL:

Could we perhaps update 5 to ask for the technique to be tagged in the title when the technique is being posted (again, I often have no idea !!! - (yeah yeah, I no I have no idea anyway ;) ))

Ere @Cobra... Can we apply the "there is no rule 3" rule pls.
Catch-ups in the main thread make my job so much easier (and most of us ignore it anyway) ;)
Anything to keep the keeper of records happy (y)

Yes I've only just bothered to look at the guides :LOL:
I sometimes wonder why I bother at all :p

Could we perhaps update 5 to ask for the technique to be tagged in the title when the technique is being posted
Give me a couple of minutes, and I'll amend the "rules" (y)
In the mean time feel free to post that where you think it'll have the most effect probabley as a request when "we" are up and running?

Reactions: LC2
@LC2
Better Tim?
3) When incorporating a technique, please add it to the image title.

Back