weekly Tom's 52's 2018 Photos. (1st Year) Updated !!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome all!

You are now viewing my 52's... Some will be good, some will be bad, some will be rushed to but overall they should get better!

Catch up photos to follow!

gate: Is that sodium lighting Tom? Don't blame you for not going far in that weather, though I think the shot lacks a focal point.

People: Nice mix of light and shade and the riders are well picked out especially on the RHS.:) Enjoy getting to know your new camera ! What is it?
Go to the " how to " page on the 365 & 52 homepage for the link instructions. It's not as difficult as it sounds on first read.:D

Thanks for the feedback, to be honest ive no idea what Sodium Lighting is (blush) I just took the camera out and have a fettle too a few more shots which ill upload to Flickr later so you can have a gander if you wanted, I didnt want the orange tinge that came out but couldnt stop it so they all have it.

With regards to the focal point what do you mean? My aim was to have the Gate centred with some foreground and background action thrown in.

The MTB was really lucky with the people after playing with the shading but I was disapointed to get the chap right inthe foreground (blue lid).

The Camera is a 750D with 18-55mm lens at present.

gate: Is that sodium lighting Tom? Don't blame you for not going far in that weather, though I think the shot lacks a focal point.

People: Nice mix of light and shade and the riders are well picked out especially on the RHS.:) Enjoy getting to know your new camera ! What is it?
Go to the " how to " page on the 365 & 52 homepage for the link instructions. It's not as difficult as it sounds on first read.:D

Thanks for the feedback, to be honest ive no idea what Sodium Lighting is (blush) I just took the camera out and have a fettle too a few more shots which ill upload to Flickr later so you can have a gander if you wanted, I didnt want the orange tinge that came out but couldnt stop it so they all have it.

With regards to the focal point what do you mean? My aim was to have the Gate centred with some foreground and background action thrown in.

The MTB was really lucky with the people after playing with the shading but I was disapointed to get the chap right inthe foreground (blue lid).

The Camera is a 750D with 18-55mm lens at present.

I Think he means by focal point that there is nothing of interest in the gate picture, it is just a gate. If there was a horse or some one walking past, that would create a focal point.
You could always crop the Chap with the blue hat out of the second photos.

Pete

It might be me but I couldn't find a link from the main thread to your photo. I think your people photo is great if you crop out all that sky (n)

Hi Tom.

Gated - I really like the colours you've gotten in the gated shot and also the moodiness of the sky in the distance. This is the pick of the two for me.
People - Lol, I'm unobservant. I hadn't noticed the chap bottom right until I read the comments. Content aware fill is probably your friend there. Have you considered a letterbox crop for this shot, removing some of the sky in order to focus the viewer on the action? Dunno... Maybe worth a look?

I kind of like the odd red-ish glow of your gate photo.

Great submission for people, I like the light, and the assortment of mountain bikers. As mentioned above, it might be even better with a tighter letterbox crop that leaves (most of) the sky out.

That car-in-fog photo doesn't shout out stark for me... Still, well done for being done with it, and on to the next week :)

Cheers guys, always learning I dont think I managed to get the finish I wanted... (was hoping the car outline to be darker).

On to the next one :) and im constanly learning my camera settings this weeks maybe better should be up tonight/tomorrow.

Tom.

Welcome aboard, Tom, and the 52 will be a great way to get to know your new camera! My favourite of yours so far is the People image with that great light and shadows. I agree with the earlier suggestions that you could probably crop some off the top and maybe even off the right to lose that man in the foreground, and accentuate the drama of the shadows and the bikers (y)

Enjoy your new camera and your 52 :)

Back