TP 52'ers Class of 2016 Discussion thread Week 52 we made it! time to celebrate /( celebrations)

Bubbles ...that sounds good Paul...I tried to do frozen bubbles last week but failed miserably ...at least it gave my family a laugh ...they think I'm completely mad ...I'm not ...am I :thinking:

My wife is still laughing at the fact we have a mouldy tangerine hanging from a tree branch in our garden :) By the way, the gelatin bubbles lasted about 6 hours before they finally burst!! Mixture was half a gelatin leaf, maybe half a teaspoon of caster sugar and some washing up liquid. Add enough hot water to melt the gelatine and dissolve the sugar and then top up with cold water - it makes about an espresso cupful. You do need to blow your bubbles within about 30 mins as otherwise it starts to set in the cup!

Bubbles ...that sounds good Paul...I tried to do frozen bubbles last week but failed miserably ...at least it gave my family a laugh ...they think I'm completely mad ...I'm not ...am I :thinking:
FROZEN BUBBLES :wideyed: I'm surprised people didn't come and collect you and take you to where all the other 'special' people go :wacky:

That's a cracker, Emma :)

My 2-yo daughter freaked out when she went to put something down on the coffee table only to discover it fell straight through onto the floor... because I'd taken the glass top downstairs to shoot on :) I think a frozen bubble like that would have calmed her down!

Anyway, I'll be off to buy some cheap clip picture frames and black spray paint before the end of the week...

Oh, great. I just learned from reading other threads that there's a ticky box for the reshoot! :jawdrop: I wasn't going to do a reshoot (kind of short on time these days) but my OCD won't allow an unticked box so :mad:. :LOL:

Ok, as I'm new and all, just wanted to clarify that a reshoot means I choose a previous theme and reshoot a brand new subject for the theme, right? And not reshoot the same thing I did, but only try to improve it?

Reshoot means whatever you want it to mean Sheylara. Most shoot something completely different, but it's nice to see a different perspective on the same subject. BTW I'm not currently thinking Reshoot but maybe later in the year I'll see something that's perfect for an old theme, so shoot & post it then. It's kind of optional, to be done if & when. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: LC2
Reshoot means whatever you want it to mean Sheylara. Most shoot something completely different, but it's nice to see a different perspective on the same subject. BTW I'm not currently thinking Reshoot but maybe later in the year I'll see something that's perfect for an old theme, so shoot & post it then.
Thank you for answering, David! :)

It's kind of optional, to be done if & when. o_O
As there is a tick box in the spreadsheet for the reshoot, I consider it as optional as any regular theme. :LOL:

That's right, as optional as everything else. :)

Just had a look at the spreadsheet ... not a pretty sight. o_O or am I using the wrong browser?

HERE is what Hissy said ... " ... you know the "rules", re-shoot or don't, either shoot the theme or revisit a previous image. If you are feeling brave do both (y) ... "

Never really understood the "reshoot" theme - if you want to reshoot a theme if you were n't happy with it - just do it :D - why do you need a piece of paper pulled from a bag to make you! :thinking:

Plus if you then create a book of 52 photos, one for each week - do you include the reshoot or not :runaway:

Anyway...it's almost Friday! :tumbleweed:

Never really understood the "reshoot" theme - if you want to reshoot a theme if you were n't happy with it - just do it :D - why do you need a piece of paper pulled from a bag to make you! :thinking:

Plus if you then create a book of 52 photos, one for each week - do you include the reshoot or not :runaway:

Anyway...it's almost Friday! :tumbleweed:
But you could also say, if you want to take photos, just take them. Why do you need pieces of paper out a bag to make you? :p :exit:

OK OK you lot, I can take a hint, whether its genuine or Artificial

:D

By the way it's T day .....wasn't going to mention it, but just in case Cobras forgotten :)
I'd been at work over 2 hours and 100 miles from home when you posted that sorry :(
:p

It is definitely Thursday today. :snaphappy:
As above :p

I think someone forgot that Thursday is the new Friday. :thinking:
Nope its definitely the new Wednesday :D
Hmmm ... maybe Friday is the new Thursday ... this week. :thinking:

EDIT ... Thursday it is yay :D
LOL a bit slow there David ;)
( dispite your edit :p )

Cheers @Cobra. I'm not sure I see any trains on the (artificial) horizon, but defo an interesting theme :)
I'm sure your'll do it some how Tim :D

Oh, great. I just learned from reading other threads that there's a ticky box for the reshoot! :jawdrop: I wasn't going to do a reshoot (kind of short on time these days) but my OCD won't allow an unticked box so :mad:. :LOL:

Ok, as I'm new and all, just wanted to clarify that a reshoot means I choose a previous theme and reshoot a brand new subject for the theme, right? And not reshoot the same thing I did, but only try to improve it?

There's WHAT??????:jawdrop:

There's WHAT??????:jawdrop:
Did someone not read the header(s)? there are 3 of them :p
However

Yeah :p
So first up was a re-shoot, you know the "rules", re-shoot or don't,
either shoot the theme or revisit a previous image. If you are feeling brave do both (y)

Onto the theme, and I envisage a lot of cactus' + hawthorns this week ...
Drum roll please ....
Spiky

Arrggghhhh, been so busy I had forgotten it's Thursday! and how am I going to shoe horn a rock or a cave into Artificial...

... oh, wait - how about artificial light :thinking:

Artificial??? I'm here in an eco-friendly hotel in the middle of the rainforest with nature' s wonders all around me and you give me artificial !
I was going to "like" your post but then I realised I don't like it, where's the envy emoji? :grumpy:

(y)

Back