weekly Treehugger81 - 2012 - 52 Week Challenge - Week 8 - Money (added late)

Lovely subject, made for photographers. I like the second version.. perhaps a shot even lower looking up at the boat might create more drama. But that's my preference - I love crawling on the ground, honest ;)

I like the second too. Lower angle makes it very moody and worth getting up early for. Maybe a little space an the left'd be nice, but I still think its a good "sigh" shot.

Direction : The edit works best... removing the person helps make it as does the slight shift in the position of the waterfall (that actually makes a much larger difference than I'd have thought at first glance). Nicely done, good bit of water blur, and it fits the theme.

Fear : Wow... really like that... excellent. It doesn't really say fear to me, but I can understand others thinking that... just love the way the trees look.

Sigh : Both interesting... I prefer the first. Lovely textures in the boat.

Hi,

3 very good photos, but as above No1 is my fav, something i need to have a go at.

matt

I like both of those, but think no. 2 looks more like it's sighing. I'd like a little more space to the left, though it looks as if the background might have been a little cluttered there, so I understand why you did it this way.

Like it. Really says sigh to me. Such objects decaying in front of our eyes.

Bit tight for me, as has been said, but nice light on the side of the boat and a touch of frost on the ground.

Cheers and well one (y)

#1 for me, like the wooden path on the right side. Would like a tad more space on the left side but just being picky.

Such a shame its ended up like that, must be an interesting place to visit. It would make a good (maybe small) ark!

Prefer #1 here as well, just somehow seems more 'dejected' than the 'up-front' version in #2 (y)

ChickenDipa said:
#1 for me, like the wooden path on the right side. Would like a tad more space on the left side but just being picky.

Such a shame its ended up like that, must be an interesting place to visit. It would make a good (maybe small) ark!

Yeah it's a great place to visit with quite a few of these old boats as well as some that are in a lttke better condition. Thanks for the comment.

Rolyratman said:
Prefer the second version of sigh myself, agree it is almost like it's been left there for photographers :)

These two have definitely split decision, thanks for your comment.

gramps said:
Prefer #1 here as well, just somehow seems more 'dejected' than the 'up-front' version in #2 (y)

I agree gramps you certainly get a better view of how much a ruin it is. Thanks for taking the time to comment

Lol still catching up with threads.

Loving your fear shot, superbly lit and composition is spot on. Both pics for sigh, are really good, the 2nd one just edges it for me. Looking forward to seeing more of your work (y)

snorton said:
Lol still catching up with threads.

Loving your fear shot, superbly lit and composition is spot on. Both pics for sigh, are really good, the 2nd one just edges it for me. Looking forward to seeing more of your work (y)

Thanks for popping by and commenting. Much appreciated!!!

Thought I would get creative this week as it seems like a much easier theme than the last "sigh" ;) Comments and critique always welcome.

MG_3376.jpg

MG_33771.jpg

MG_3379.jpg

MG_3413.jpg

After a bit of thinking I came up with the idea of a sugar rainbow, not quite sure how :wacky: Anyways after a little lesson from Marshall194 on how to colour sugar I proceeded to spend 2 hours doing just that, only for my other half to comment "why didn't you just go and buy some from a sweet shop" :bang:

I really like the results and was quite surprised with myself that i came away with more than one half decent shot. My favourite is the first. I like the addition of the sugar in the glasses and i think the composition works quite well too.

Wow very original; must have taken you hours! I love all of them, but think I agree that no 1 has the edge.

I HAVE to learn how to do these dark backgrounds :(

Wow very original; must have taken you hours! I love all of them, but think I agree that no 1 has the edge.

I HAVE to learn how to do these dark backgrounds :(

The background was just a piece of black card from a local stationers. I boosted the contrast just a little but apart from that i didn't do anything special. Thanks for the comments. (y)

Phil
I think no1 is by far the best so will only comment on that one, its top notch as far as I’m concerned I love the idea and the way you have laid it out and adding the knife just gives it the edge, excellent picture. (y)

#2 or #4 for me, a lovely bright and colourful take on the theme this week. DOF in #4 is perfect and the colour against the black bottom work really well.

love it, yep certainly original :)

I haven't seen this type of sherbet since I was a child!

(I know it's sugar but it looks like the coloured sherbet we used to get)

Phil, cracking set. The time, effort and thought is evident.

Of the set, it#s number 1 for me. Well composed, nice BG and bright colours.

Only crit is the slightly larger glass that slightly interrupts the flow of my eye.

Very well done here (y)

Hi Phil... 2 weeks for me to catch up on

Sigh - a great idea, well explained and very well executed, I'm torn between the 2 really.... ok, 2 just pips it

Sweet - What can I say but Wow... Really like that, what a great shot, must of took you hours... for me time well spent, I can't fault them :clap:

wow, well thought out and the dedication taken to get the shot is evident, for me its number 1 too, the colours and the composition just make it a really nice image to look at

Snipet said:
#2 or #4 for me, a lovely bright and colourful take on the theme this week. DOF in #4 is perfect and the colour against the black bottom work really well.

Thanks Gareth.

sturisoma said:
love it, yep certainly original :)

I haven't seen this type of sherbet since I was a child!

(I know it's sugar but it looks like the coloured sherbet we used to get)

It does doesn't it. Although I probably won't try any, not with the amount of food colouring I used. I wouldn't sleep for about a week!!!

michael23 said:
A great set of shots there! I would also go for number 1, the additions work very well. Well done.!

Thanks Michael.

posiview said:
Phil, cracking set. The time, effort and thought is evident.

Of the set, it#s number 1 for me. Well composed, nice BG and bright colours.

Only crit is the slightly larger glass that slightly interrupts the flow of my eye.

Very well done here (y)

Thanks for the comment. I know what you mean about the glass, it jumps out at me every time I look at the image but there was nothing I could do. There were only 6 in the set lol.

Dark Knight said:
Hi Phil... 2 weeks for me to catch up on

Sigh - a great idea, well explained and very well executed, I'm torn between the 2 really.... ok, 2 just pips it

Sweet - What can I say but Wow... Really like that, what a great shot, must of took you hours... for me time well spent, I can't fault them :clap:

That's very kind. It did take awhile but time well spent I think. (y)

lizzy23 said:
wow, well thought out and the dedication taken to get the shot is evident, for me its number 1 too, the colours and the composition just make it a really nice image to look at

Thanks for taking the time to comment Liz.

I like these too :D

Number 1 for me (y)

Im beginning to like 4 more now :D

The DoF gives it a great blurry rainbow look that sharpens into the crystals. I love it.

Cracking set this week Phil, like them all but think there is something about #1 that swings it for me. Excellent take on the theme this week, good work :)

Love the colours

A lovely set Phil, you should be proud of yourself!

#1 and 4 are the ones for me. I like #1 as it shows the whole picture and #2 as it shows the detail in the individual sugar crystals. The lighting and arrangements are great, I look forward to seeing more shots like this!!

#1 for me but as been said the lager glass disrupts the flow a little, good work though well done (y)

Cracking shots! I like #1, the glasses help the feel of the photo.
Keep up the good work! :)

Back