weekly Treehugger81 - 2012 - 52 Week Challenge - Week 8 - Money (added late)

HI Phil

great shot for Handmade....& well done for having the patience to spend 14 hours making the spork (y) Nicley laid out , inclusion of the shavings works well , possibly a touch warm but yeah...nice work :)

Money....made me smile...like the humour in it , metal pig in the wild staring at his pile of money ( maybe that's just my sense of humor though :LOL: ) .of the 3 I think prefer 2 (y) though maybe a bit of housekeeping to clear the grass from in front of the money ?

blondie606 said:
HI Phil

great shot for Handmade....& well done for having the patience to spend 14 hours making the spork (y) Nicley laid out , inclusion of the shavings works well , possibly a touch warm but yeah...nice work :)

Money....made me smile...like the humour in it , metal pig in the wild staring at his pile of money ( maybe that's just my sense of humor though :LOL: ) .of the 3 I think prefer 2 (y) though maybe a bit of housekeeping to clear the grass from in front of the money ?

Thanks for your comments Lynne, as always much appreciated.

The goblin said:
I like number two as well, it reminds me of Toy Story!
Yes the grass needs clearing around the coins a little, but otherwise very imaginative.

Thanks for popping by marsha.

Thanks mark, apart from a slight crop on a couple of them I didn't do a thing so may give it a go to try and enhance them a little.

Hope you don't mind (you have your edit box ticked), but I had a quick go. Note that this is more as a learning thing for me, as I could see what I thought was not 100% with number 3, but wanted to see if I could work out how to improve it. I'm not sure whether or not I've achieved anything (really not sure about the vignette, but I felt it needed something).

Let me know if you want it taken down; no problem if so.

20120304-100956.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Last edited:
A funny and original take on this weeks theme Phil, good work.
I think my vote would go to #1 with just a little darkening of the bright area.
Iain

Southdowns said:
Hope you don't mind (you have your edit box ticked), but I had a quick go. Note that this is more as a learning thing for me, as I could see what I thought was not 100% with number 3, but wanted to see if I could work out how to improve it. I'm not sure whether or not I've achieved anything (really not sure about the vignette, but I felt it needed something).

Let me know if you want it taken down; no problem if so.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/southdownspics/6964471315/
20120304-100956.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Don't mind at all mark. I think it looks much better. Thanks.

blakester said:
A funny and original take on this weeks theme Phil, good work.
I think my vote would go to #1 with just a little darkening of the bright area.
Iain

Thanks for commenting Iain. Not got a lot of spare time at the moment so PP on anything is on the back burner. I agree though it does need a little tinkering.

Delta Skies said:
Handmade – Nice composition and lighting

Money - #1 for me. I like the way it’s looking over the coins

Thanks Peter.

After being behind for quite some time I have decided to stop my challenge. My interest has not been on the challenge at all recently. Having only just started in photography i thought it would have been a good idea to start something like this to widen my understanding and also to push myself into subject matter that I wouldn't have thought about shooting. It kind of worked in the beginning too, I think the sugar theme was my favourite :) . However I no longer have the drive to think about a subject, and take images of a subject, and comment on a subject :bang: that i have no passion for.

So that is it I guess. :crying: I would like to thank everybody who has been kind enough to comment on my thread, your C&C are greatly appreciated and even in such a short time I have learnt a great deal. I may pop in from time to time and have a look at what your all up too and you never know i may try this again next year. Its now time to concentrate on my real passion... bugs!!! Already been out and about a couple of times in the past week and hopefully should have something to post in the macro forum.

Good luck to all who are left in the challenge.

Back