weekly Tuna9477's 2015 Photo52 Challenge. Week 37 Special added.

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Steve,
Religion: Very nice, perfect for the theme, lots of colour and the brightest outside really makes the halo's stand out.
Chilled : #1 & #2 have a nice DOF. #1 has a nice perspective. #2 I find the top of the block which is thawing a little distracting - but you have to work with what you have :). #3 works well and fits the theme - looking on Flickr the focus looks a bit odd or is that just me?!? :p

Hi Ian
Thanks for the comments. I agree with chilled #2, it may have been a combination of getting out of the freezer and thicker plastic. I also agree with chilled #3, I was trying to get a shot over peoples heads, through a fence. :). note to self, next time take a tripod/monopod. ;)

Hi there and welcome ...better late than never, and lots of weeks to go yet so good luck., I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Super start with Religion, wonderful colours in the stained glass, I looks a bit of a tight crop but its a very eye catching shot.

Chilled, three shots all bang on theme, this time I would have been tempted to crop the ice block as I think the plain blue would give it a more icy feel. Smashing shot of the lions they certainly look chilled out. Looking forward to seeing lots more over the coming weeks.

Welcome Stephen

Religion ... was going to say nice to see the stone surround, but now in agreement with susie ... I think it's a bit tight and want to see more. Anyway, great colour.

Chilled ... I like #2 but the DOF's a bit narrow.

Good stuff, keep them coming. (y)

Hi Stephen,
Chilled - I saw the third shot first and assumed I was looking at an @Cobra post. I like the imagery very much actually, lions chilling out. I wouldn't call it a shoe horn, more an attempt at a less obvious take on the subject. I do like the way you've used to DoF there to blur out the second lion.

Religion - great shot of the window. Is that natural light? I would be so easy to have over exposed that shot, or to have lost detail in the surrounding walls.

Hi there and welcome ...better late than never, and lots of weeks to go yet so good luck., I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Super start with Religion, wonderful colours in the stained glass, I looks a bit of a tight crop but its a very eye catching shot.

Chilled, three shots all bang on theme, this time I would have been tempted to crop the ice block as I think the plain blue would give it a more icy feel. Smashing shot of the lions they certainly look chilled out. Looking forward to seeing lots more over the coming weeks.

Welcome Stephen

Religion ... was going to say nice to see the stone surround, but now in agreement with susie ... I think it's a bit tight and want to see more. Anyway, great colour.

Chilled ... I like #2 but the DOF's a bit narrow.

Good stuff, keep them coming. (y)

Thanks Susie and David for the comments, I can now see the crop was a bit tight on religion, didn't think about the surround as the main focus was the window, and I was trying to get as much detail as possible.

Hi Stephen,
Chilled - I saw the third shot first and assumed I was looking at an @Cobra post. I like the imagery very much actually, lions chilling out. I wouldn't call it a shoe horn, more an attempt at a less obvious take on the subject. I do like the way you've used to DoF there to blur out the second lion.

Religion - great shot of the window. Is that natural light? I would be so easy to have over exposed that shot, or to have lost detail in the surrounding walls.

Hi Tim, yes the light was natural, the chapel was on the darker side so the light was not as bright as it could have been.

Hi, welcome aboard
Religion, the angle of the shot is a little off as is the framing needs to be straight on with all the surround, nice colour in there
Chilled, I think all the advice above is valid enough, can't really add anything to it

Hi Stephen. What a terrific start, particularly the opening shot! Religion is fabulous - all that vibrant colour and detail :clap:. Chilled #1 for me - simple and effective

I think Chilled 2 is really good. That freezer block looks very, well, Brrrrr. :)

Chilled #2 for me, nice shot, I like the lighting and how you have made the ice crystals pop and sparkle. The DOF is a little strong but it does lead you to focus on the important icy bits. Lovely Jubbly

Week 37 - Special

we went for a walk on a wooded hillside, and the children were ahead of us climbing the steps when my daughter stumbled and insatntly my son took her hand to help her on the steps, and keep her away from the edge.

Special_Bond
by tuna9477, on Flickr.

Last edited:
Hi Stephen. #1 is a cracker, a sibling moment and touching scene - very Special. Excellent composition. I wouldn't have thought of #2 at all - good on you.

Yep #1 ... says Special, nice colour & comp. I'd crop a bit off the top and that will make it wider on our screens.

Hi there ....super shot for Special I think it might take a tiny crop to the bottom of that twig at the top, but not too much as I think it's a great composition. It has a lovely warm feel about it ....it looks very genuine and unposed just as you explained.

Last edited:
Back