weekly Vanishedbob's 52 Thread 2020

Well spotted on the Patterns David.
It works well with the steps. Patterns on patterns.

Good spot for the pattern shot. Makes a lovely abstract image.

Week 33 Camouflage(d)

Mamaflage!

Struggled with the topic this week big time. Took this at the weekend on a visit to Cannon Hall Farm and with a tiny bit of editing managed to camouflage Mummy Pig in the shadows a little bit.

Breakfast. Cannon Hall Farm. Near Barnsley.
IMG_4421 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice piggies - works for this week as Tiny too :)

Camouflage
The light and processing really suits the theme. An interesting subject too.

Massive catch up this week. Apologies for the lack of input or critique. I am plagued a bit by the old black dog and have had a few weeks of malaise with it. Hence a couple of archives, but hopefully perked up enough to jump back in.

Week 34 Tiny. Bit of a shoe horn here. Tiny frost particles on the flowers.

Frosty Flowers. by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

Week 35 Snappers Choice. My niece enjoying marshmallows grilled on the firepit.

IMG_4907 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

Week 36 Textures. My daughter hiding behind the trampoline safety mesh.

IMG_0483 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

Week 37. Activity. A game of hide and seek in the park with my nephew.

IMG_4997 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

Nice catch up Bob (y)
#2 for me, especially for the cheeky grin and the "Dribbles" :D

Hi David

Tiny - Nice image. I may have cropped to remove the fact it's on a grave, but that's your call.
Free Week - lol... Fun shot :) Could maybe do with some fill light. It would give her eyes some sparkle.
Texture - Now that would make one difficult jigsaw puzzle.
Activity - Another shot that could perhaps do with the shadows brought up a bit. Fun capture, hiding behind the tree like that - did you give him away?
Artificial - They do pop nicely against the dark of the water.

It looks a tad dark to me on my screen but the sunflowers really stand out from the dark image so it works well.

Nice autumn leaf, it looks even better on Flickr but perhaps a half stop more exposure might be worth a go?

Two nice photos there Bob. There's something funny going on with my monitor towards the doors of the narrowboat, but the flowers have come out nicely. And the colours in your maple leaf are lovely!

Hi David,
Wet - Looks like you wax and polish your car, mine wouldn't come out anything like that ;)
Comment would be that the crop into the chrome at the bottom right has an accidental feel to it, rather than deliberate.
Topical - Is it nearly Christmas? ;)
Damn that's clean for ISO1600. Not sure my 5D3 would come anywhere near that and I'm damn sure my Fuji's wouldn't
I quite like the feel you've gotten there :)

Like the wet particularly, nice composition.

Thank You.

Hi David,
Wet - Looks like you wax and polish your car, mine wouldn't come out anything like that ;)
Comment would be that the crop into the chrome at the bottom right has an accidental feel to it, rather than deliberate.
Topical - Is it nearly Christmas? ;)
Damn that's clean for ISO1600. Not sure my 5D3 would come anywhere near that and I'm damn sure my Fuji's wouldn't
I quite like the feel you've gotten there :)

I've only had it a fortnight so still keeping up to the cleaning regime...it won't last!

Blackpool pic has had a good spruce up in PP.

Nice autumn leaf, it looks even better on Flickr but perhaps a half stop more exposure might be worth a go?
A sure sign of the session. Minimalistic and very theme fitting.
Two nice photos there Bob. There's something funny going on with my monitor towards the doors of the narrowboat, but the flowers have come out nicely. And the colours in your maple leaf are lovely!
Strong colour in your Autumn shot.
Simple, effective, quite a range of light and dark.
I may have removed (physically) some of the leaves you've partially caught around the edges as they don't add anything to the shot. Too late now though...

Thank you all so much.

Wet - I presume the angle of the car was a conscious decision, did you try any with the car emblem on the horizontal
Topical - Great lights and reflections, I'm sure an identical photo taken last year at the same time would be considerably busier!

Two lovely photos there. The colours are incredibly vibrant in wet, and your topical lights have a pretty special feel to them. Couldn't be anywhere else!

Wet
It's oh so simple, but really does look good. Great colour and lots of water droplets.

Topical
Another great shot, love the feel and good light.

That is a clever take on the subject, nice one. Ps tried to understand what it says on the poster and I cannot understand it at all!

Food - interesting and thought provoking image. You can always tell when a poster isn't fully planned and words are added in a smaller size to display what they initially meant

Back