weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Love the second one, clean, simple, I like the processing and the sharp shadows suit the theme.

Yes, second one for me too - it looks less manufactured than the other and I quite like the colour too.

Another vote for the second image; I like the strong colours and shadows.

It's the second one for me too Walter, very simple idea but works very well, love the positioning, the lighting and long shadow, and also the graduated colour to the background, very nice indeed (y)

Second one for me too, Walter. I like the composition and choice of lighting. It works really well. I'll be honest and say I'm less of a fan of the processing but that's more of a personal thing (and more easily changed after the event)... the key thing is to capture the image you want and yours is a cracker!

#2 here too Walter. the shadow and circle of light in #1 detract whereas in #2 the image feels more coherent.

Spiky - sorry 2nd one for me too

HI Walter I prefer No 2 for its simplicity and the colour also I think the shadow adds more depth to the image.

Hi Walter ....I don't think there enough sharp contrast between the dark leaf and the background in #1 but #2 is very eye catching , I like the graduated background.

#2 for me!

#2 ... got great dimension. (y)

like the first, but the second is the keeper for me - like the negative space and colouring, works wonderfully :)
Thanks for comments much appreciated,
#1 is not a very strong image, something to work on with lighting etc, lacks contrast.
Thing I love about the 52 is you try thing you wouldn't otherwise do.

Hi Walter - that works well and I'm pleased to see a minion shot for Happy, I was expecting loads more when it came out of the hat :) Good DOF (or is a grad negative clarity adjustment on LR??) and simply, but very effectively lit.

Good shot and well done on getting the reshoot done. Great job :)

Nice happy mini figure Walter, well thought out (y)

YAY !!! for miniature... perfect composition for the figure Walter :)

Hi Walter - that works well and I'm pleased to see a minion shot for Happy, I was expecting loads more when it came out of the hat :) Good DOF (or is a grad negative clarity adjustment on LR??) and simply, but very effectively lit.

Good shot and well done on getting the reshoot done. Great job :)

Love the little minion Walter ...amazing what we photograph for these themes :)

Well done Walter - nicely chosen and composed. A good fun image.

Heh, I lke that re-shoot Walter.
The bright yellow and blue work well against the muted colours of the gravel background, and as been already said, good composition following the rules :)

Nice happy mini figure Walter, well thought out (y)

Miniature- a mini minion teehee fun reshoot well composed.

Appreciate Comments, a last minute thought for a reshoot, just a bit of fun,:)

Definitely an abstract take on Artificial and quite interesting to see the flare of the flash as it discharges.

I really like the artificial light shot....I too would heal out the couple of black spots.

Artificial - like the idea, echo the comments about the dust bunnies though - think it's time to get your sensor cleaned! ;)
Tidied & centred up, it looks good though:
r7A2wPo.jpg

Great shot, quite abstract but definitely fits the brief.

Clever idea for the light, leave the dust bunnies alone, they aren't real, they are artificial too :D

Miniature nice and sharp and everyone loves a minion, Artificial is a clever abstract idea.
Cheers clive.

Definitely an abstract take on Artificial and quite interesting to see the flare of the flash as it discharges.
Thanks carl.

A very different shot, but no one could argue it doesn't hit the theme.
You seem to have a few dust bunnies to sort out though. I may have cloned them out myself.
didn't see bunnies until posted, something to sort out.

The artificial light for me Walter, that blanket thing just sooooooo overpowers that first shot for me... whereas the light works really nicely (be tempted to clone out the couple of blobs) other than that I like the whole glare going on :)
its the first thing I thought of when the theme came up, had to play with A to get shot, its hard work this photography lark he....he....

I really like the artificial light shot....I too would heal out the couple of black spots.
cheers viv.

Artificial - like the idea, echo the comments about the dust bunnies though - think it's time to get your sensor cleaned! ;)
Tidied & centred up, it looks good though:
r7A2wPo.jpg
cheers cleaned up nicely,

Much better cloned out but I prefer the non-central composition personally. An interesting abstract take on the theme - good thinking there, Walter :)
same as pjm.

Great shot, quite abstract but definitely fits the brief.
Ta....

Clever idea for the light, leave the dust bunnies alone, they aren't real, they are artificial too :D
Trust you Mr C :p

Artificial, nice thinking with the light, but also the flowers are bang on for the theme too.

I agree with @susiejb .... background to the flowers is distracting, but the light shot is spot on, good thinking for the theme.

Some good work going on here Walter!! Love the way you have captured the blackbird - super sharp subject and nice dof ! Spiky number two is a cracker! Simple and I like the colours!

Great idea for the artificial light shot - very abstract - works well!

hi Walter background to the flowers is distracting, but the light shot is spot on, good thinking for the theme

Artificial, nice thinking with the light, but also the flowers are bang on for the theme too.

I agree with @susiejb .... background to the flowers is distracting, but the light shot is spot on, good thinking for the theme.

Some good work going on here Walter!! Love the way you have captured the blackbird - super sharp subject and nice dof ! Spiky number two is a cracker! Simple and I like the colours!

Thanks for comments, much appreciated.

My personal ipod,
I know there needs to be a bit of healing on ipod,
I cant seem to be able to edit in PSE14 and post from computer keeps coming up as an error, so editing is done through ipod with basic editing
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Love songs are definitely personal so spot on for theme Walter. (Not sure you are linked back to your 52 from the main page ... at least I couldn't find it).

Great interpretation of personal Walter (y)

Oh very nice idea for the theme Walter.
Music...very personal indeed. :)

Back