weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Vast - Spectacular view and very impressive sky - loved the time-lapse:)
Rough - Well captured and certainly on theme.

Lovely shot Walter. Needless to say, spot on theme. nicely composed giving the bird space to move into, colours are excellent. :clap:

As carl said - lovely colours and well composed - the empty space works well to give plenty of attention to the rough grass.

That's a good'un, Walter. Really well captured and composed :clap:

A really good effort, Walter. Whilst the space is needed I think, I'd be tempted to reduce it slightly to bring the bird further into the shot though.

Vast - great vantage point for a truly vast landscape shot
Rough - great shot of the Hawk I love it.

Well spotted and very apt for the theme. Like the composition and nice focus on the bird.

Rough, looks quite sharp and well composed.

Cheers.

Good compo ... would like to see a little more bird detail.

That's a nice shot of the Harrier. Do they spend much time on the ground? I always imagine birds of pray soaring around.

Vast - Spectacular view and very impressive sky - loved the time-lapse:)
Rough - Well captured and certainly on theme.
Thanks for comments, it was a lucky day for me , as you only see them normally in the sky, if you see them at all.

Very interesting find there Walter, but I think there are a couple of things you could try which may improve the image.
1. Try a crop that puts the statue on the LH 1/3rd, that way she (it feels like it's a she) is looking into space in the shot
2. Try a very tight crop which shows just the head and shoulders (you could even crop off the top of the hat). Again it will need the space balanced to provide an area for her to look into.

I need to ask the same question as Clive though. What and (more importantly), where?

I agree with Tim @LC2 with the crop suggestions Walter,
Maybe down the left hand side just to the left of the bench to get rid of the dead space and give her room to gaze into.

Nice find, interesting statue :)

What an interesting sculpture - wonder about the significance of it's presence there. Nice find Walter - definitely covered and a nice subject to expend your photographic skills. :clap:

Hi
Interesting shot for'covered'. As already has been said, think crop would be good, to give 'gazing' space.

Covered - interesting find for the theme I see what they mean about cropping it

Very interesting find there Walter, but I think there are a couple of things you could try which may improve the image.
1. Try a crop that puts the statue on the LH 1/3rd, that way she (it feels like it's a she) is looking into space in the shot
2. Try a very tight crop which shows just the head and shoulders (you could even crop off the top of the hat). Again it will need the space balanced to provide an area for her to look into.

I need to ask the same question as Clive though. What and (more importantly), where?
Gardens can be found HERE and here is the SCULPTURE. (SCULPTERER)
See what you mean about crop, it does just edge it,
DSC_6654 (2).JPG
Thanks for feedback

I agree with Tim @LC2 with the crop suggestions Walter,
Maybe down the left hand side just to the left of the bench to get rid of the dead space and give her room to gaze into.

Nice find, interesting statue :)

What an interesting sculpture - wonder about the significance of it's presence there. Nice find Walter - definitely covered and a nice subject to expend your photographic skills. :clap:

Hi
Interesting shot for'covered'. As already has been said, think crop would be good, to give 'gazing' space.

Covered - interesting find for the theme I see what they mean about cropping it
Thanks for comments always appreciated.

Vast - Nice view! I like the little puffs on cloud in the big blue sky. :)

Rough - Loving the sharp focus on the bird. He’s a handsome fellow!

Covered - Wow, that's really creepy. Your second crop works really well. :)

Last edited:
Crop works much better. I'd like to see it taken at f1.8 to really make it pop out.

Quite an eerie sculpture.

Cheers.

What an interesting find - the crop works really well, too.

Well that's certainly different, thanks for sharing. Would be better photographed on the beach, like on the front page of http://www.philipjacksonsculptures.co.uk

:D

That's an amazing sculpture Walter, he's a very talented artist. I definitely prefer the crop ...it shows a lot more detail.

Vast - Nice view! I like the little puffs on cloud in the big blue sky. :)

Rough - Loving the sharp focus on the bird. He’s a handsome fellow!

Covered - Wow, that's really creepy. Your second crop works really well. :)
Thanks for comments as always really appreciated,

I had a bit of fun today with a new camera I bought for our holiday, it is a 12mp action camera/video, I carried it in palm of hand, and fired a few shots while shopping with missus,
just posted for a bit of fun. COLOURFUL I THINK
2016_0101_013656_022.JPG

Last edited:
Definitely Colourful Walter. Coincidentally, I had that same thought this morning while in a supermarket - all so colourful whatever the aisle or products - a way of enticing the shopper no doubt.

Definitely Colourful Walter. Coincidentally, I had that same thought this morning while in a supermarket - all so colourful whatever the aisle or products - a way of enticing the shopper no doubt.
Great minds think alike carl LOL,
Quite pleased how it handled for such a small camera, testing the video tomorrow.

Hi Walter,
Hits the theme, and certainly colourful.
It's odd to think that a camera you were presumably hiding in the palm of your hands has more mp than a 1D2.

Still, the distortion in that shot, ouch, my eyes are bleeding ;)

I hope you don't mind, but this was the result of < 2 minutes in CS2, spending some real time would have resulted in a better edit
WB01.jpg

Very Colourful & that's a clever editing tool you've got there Tim @LC2 (y)

Hi Walter,
Hits the theme, and certainly colourful.
It's odd to think that a camera you were presumably hiding in the palm of your hands has more mp than a 1D2.

Still, the distortion in that shot, ouch, my eyes are bleeding ;)

I hope you don't mind, but this was the result of < 2 minutes in CS2, spending some real time would have resulted in a better edit
View attachment 64046
Thanks Tim, an lmprovement for sure, i have had some issues with computer still on going , so i havent put on my PSe14 yet,
The pic is more or less as it came out of camera, with a slight boost in colour and a crop.:)

Very Colourful & that's a clever editing tool you've got there Tim @LC2 (y)
Thanks David.

Well the bottom 1/3 is colourful, nice idea and with a bit of saturation boost and a crop would work great, nice little camera by the sounds of it :)
Thanks DK, we are just out to test the video.

Very colourful, bang on theme. But I can't see any straight line in that shop :whistle:

Hi Walter. Covered is certainly on theme, but the central positioning of the subject has weakened it a bit for me, personally.

Colourful is, but as Tim says, a quick edit would help fix the distortion and could also increase the colourfulness!

Plenty of colour there Walter ....I actually don't mind the original ...it gives an slightly surreal edge to what might be a rather plain shot.

Very colourful, bang on theme. But I can't see any straight line in that shop :whistle:

Hi Walter. Covered is certainly on theme, but the central positioning of the subject has weakened it a bit for me, personally.

Colourful is, but as Tim says, a quick edit would help fix the distortion and could also increase the colourfulness!

Plenty of colour in there Walter a great idea for the theme

My daughter loves Poundland :)

A chunk of the top for me, but on theme and I do like people watching :)

Cheers.

Colourful is certainly on theme, but I might have been tempted to give it a bit of a colour boost - a slightly artificial look might have suited the subject? Or maybe not! :)
Thanks for comments, much appreciated, what I was looking at was really seeing what came out of the camera with minimal changes, I suppose you could say a marmite shot, as by its very nature it has a fish eye effect,:)

The Priory!! Hoping to get over there tomorrow Walter.....is the Wisteria out?

Back