weekly Wasn`t enjoying it anymore *52* 2012 ... Given Up

Neat, very neat! I think it's spot on, and the B&W suits it very well indeed :)

Abstract - clever use of mirror, abstract indeed and the mono carries it off nicely..

Nick (y)

A good use of black and white - it makes you focus more on the abstract images from the mirror instead of being distracted by colour!:)

Interesting pic my eyes don't know where to look

Thanks peeps (y)
The colour one, was wayyy to distracting :LOL:

Hi Paulie

Very interesting mirror mister & great use for the theme , mono works really well (y)

Hi Paulie - bit of catch up.

Random - it's a random shot so i suppose on theme. Good use of focus. Really like the pp which gives it a bleak unsaturated feel with detail of patina in the bar. (y)

Temperature - excellent exposure ; like the detail of the ribs in the umbrella. good contrast in colours and a lovely blue in the sky, highlighted by the halo around the edge of the brolly. (y)

Abstract - very abstract image. Like the mono treatmant

Hi, Paulie, abstract, not one of your strongest, I feel.

I'm not seeing abstract. B&W is good to reduce the amount of information and it's an unusual photograph.

Cheers.

Hi Paulie

Very interesting mirror mister & great use for the theme , mono works really well (y)

Hi Paulie - bit of catch up.

Random - it's a random shot so i suppose on theme. Good use of focus. Really like the pp which gives it a bleak unsaturated feel with detail of patina in the bar. (y)

Temperature - excellent exposure ; like the detail of the ribs in the umbrella. good contrast in colours and a lovely blue in the sky, highlighted by the halo around the edge of the brolly. (y)

Abstract - very abstract image. Like the mono treatmant

Hi, Paulie, abstract, not one of your strongest, I feel.

I'm not seeing abstract. B&W is good to reduce the amount of information and it's an unusual photograph.

Cheers.

Abstract - Very nice, loads of interest in the picture without it being over fussy... nice one

Well spotted. The multi facets of the mirror do make this very abstract whilst still keeping some resemblance of normality in there

Thanks all (y)

Temp - good sunburst, clever doing it through the umbrella. Nice sky colour and the contrast against the black.

Abstract - unusual! Definitely on theme and good use of B&W

Thanks Alex (y)

Tried to think of something a little different, and came up with this ...

Week 24: Symmetry by Paulie W, on Flickr

Thanks for looking (y)

I like it the pic is symmetrical and also the object is symmetrical too (y)

oooo I like this one. A little niggle in that I'd have liked to have seen the base of the subject but have to say this has been really well lit giving it a natural feel to it which has been complimented by a nice background colour.

oooo I like this one. A little niggle in that I'd have liked to have seen the base of the subject but have to say this has been really well lit giving it a natural feel to it which has been complimented by a nice background colour.

Thanks, mate ... As much as I tried, because the base is dark metal, I couldn`t get it, without making the rest, too light. Kinda looks like it`s floating though :D

I like this one too, nice bit of colour in the bg.

Thanks, Michael (y)

Good idea and nice shot. Agree with you that the lighting gives the impression that the candelabra is floating. good colours

Hi Paulie

Symmetry - A nice idea that, love the lighting, background and the feint detail in the actual candelabra, well set up and taken !!!!

Thanks chaps (y)

Very nice symmetry shot. I like these ones that use symmetrical subjects rather than creating symmetry in PP. I like that they're not perfectly symmetrical.

(BTW, I do like the PP created ones too, it's maybe just that ANYTHING can fit the theme if you mirror it :))

Symmetry bang on, the composition and lighting i think you've nailed, its very nice

Very nice symmetry shot. I like these ones that use symmetrical subjects rather than creating symmetry in PP. I like that they're not perfectly symmetrical.

(BTW, I do like the PP created ones too, it's maybe just that ANYTHING can fit the theme if you mirror it :))

Symmetry bang on, the composition and lighting i think you've nailed, its very nice

Very nice Paulie, the lighting is great and makes it very atmospheric! I also like the background colour!!:)

Thank you most kindly, peeps :D

@ Sarah ... Background is my Lounge :LOL: So an easy job really.

Last edited:
Like that one Paulie, very atmospheric the base being in darkness doesn't detract any from the image, the candles hold the viewers eye IMHO. Iain

Like that one Paulie, very atmospheric the base being in darkness doesn't detract any from the image, the candles hold the viewers eye IMHO. Iain

Cheers, mate.

Moody & Re-Shoot ... I`m passing (as i`m not sure if i`m going to continue).

oooohnooooo....you've posted some belting images Paulie , be a shame to see you go....maybe have a couple of weeks off then see if your enthusiasm for the challenge returns ? But if you decide no , then shame , but I can appreciate why...felt like throwing in the towel for the last 23 weeks myself :LOL:

whichever way you go , don't be a stranger mister (y)

oooohnooooo....you've posted some belting images Paulie , be a shame to see you go....maybe have a couple of weeks off then see if your enthusiasm for the challenge returns ? But if you decide no , then shame , but I can appreciate why...felt like throwing in the towel for the last 23 weeks myself :LOL:

whichever way you go , don't be a stranger mister (y)

Cheers, Lynne ... But just wasn`t enjoying it any more.

Last edited:
Oh no, does this mean you're not continuing :crying:

You do take some superb shots.

Thanks, Marsha ...:D

It had got to the stage, where it was becoming a chore, and that`s when the plug has to be pulled.

It had got to the stage, where it was becoming a chore, and that`s when the plug has to be pulled.

Oh :(

No point doing it if you're not enjoying it, but it certainly didn't show in your results.

Noooooooooooo I cant recall seeing your 'Get out of Jail free' in the terms and conditions signed :rules:

Real shame Paulie...I ain't blowing smoke up your a**s when I say you've posted some crackers.

Keep photographing bud...been a pleasure (y)

Oh :(

No point doing it if you're not enjoying it, but it certainly didn't show in your results.

It's a shame your leaving. Many thanks for your input both in good photos and your comments. Hope to bump into you elsewhere on TP in the future.

Cheers guys ...
I`ll keep up with those who are contacts on flickr, and comment as usual, when I see something that grabs me :D

Enjoy yourselves (y)

You've made the correct choice Paulie, it's a hobby not a job, once it becomes a chore it's time to stop, if you don't you'll get total cheesed of with photography altogether.

Your supposed to be having fun and that'll come through in your images.

Back