weekly Wasn`t enjoying it anymore *52* 2012 ... Given Up

Hi Paulie

another cracking foodie shot...look good enough to eat :clap: possibly , just maybe , a touch more DOF so the righthandside is slightly more in focus...but thats just my thought ?

Catch up time... again

Pride - Excellent shot of your daughter mate !!! the comp win sure is something to be proud of :)

Short - OMG... making my mouth water big style, The crop really suits the cookies, I like the depth of field pushing my vision to the choc chips, pin sharp too, nice one Paul (y)

Nice shot. I think going in close has worked.

Hi Paulie

another cracking foodie shot...look good enough to eat :clap: possibly , just maybe , a touch more DOF so the righthandside is slightly more in focus...but thats just my thought ?

Catch up time... again

Pride - Excellent shot of your daughter mate !!! the comp win sure is something to be proud of :)

Short - OMG... making my mouth water big style, The crop really suits the cookies, I like the depth of field pushing my vision to the choc chips, pin sharp too, nice one Paul (y)

A great product shot - I like your use of DOF and composition!

Might have to pop to the shops to buy some now!!:LOL:

Thanks all ....
They are Tesco Finest .... Highland Shortbread & Belgium Chocolate :D And they are nice.

'Soft' - lovely macro image and bang on theme.

'Pride' - A really great image and bang on subject. Congratulations on you win, so thats two things to be proud of, your image and your daughter - great work (y)

Nick

'Soft' - lovely macro image and bang on theme.

'Pride' - A really great image and bang on subject. Congratulations on you win, so thats two things to be proud of, your image and your daughter - great work (y)

Nick

Cheers Nick (y)

'Short' - You really have managed to capture and convey the textures in the short bread, nice lighting and focus. Nick

Entrance - Very clear shot of CD and as your description says, subliminal. Must remember that for later.
Soft - The mono type for me. Very clear and emulates softness better than colour version.
Pride - Good subject and well shot, definately should be proud.
Short - Mmm great shot and cant ask for better texture, as Nick pointed out.

'Short' - You really have managed to capture and convey the textures in the short bread, nice lighting and focus. Nick

Entrance - Very clear shot of CD and as your description says, subliminal. Must remember that for later.
Soft - The mono type for me. Very clear and emulates softness better than colour version.
Pride - Good subject and well shot, definately should be proud.
Short - Mmm great shot and cant ask for better texture, as Nick pointed out.

Thanks guys (y)

Short is a very nice shot. I like that you've got in close and filled the frame with the biscuits. Nicely exposed too :)

(y) Paulie.
Bang on theme, well lit and composition works really well too. The image has depth to it with the focus falling off into the background. Good work, its a great product shot too. Iain

(y) Paulie.
Bang on theme, well lit and composition works really well too. The image has depth to it with the focus falling off into the background. Good work, its a great product shot too. Iain

Thanks, Iain (y)

Flight ... of a paper plane ..
Thrown with left hand, right, holding camera :LOL:

Week 18: Flight by Paulie W, on Flickr

Very nice. How the heck you got it in focus, or even in frame, I'll never know!

Nice and sharp...you need to be outside, thoug, with an airport for the BG ;)

Haha ... Next time :D Cheers mate (y)

Very nice. How the heck you got it in focus, or even in frame, I'll never know!

Thanks .. I could say, It was all pre planned technique, but it would be an untruth ... All i did was throw, and shoot one handed :D If you look at the nose, you`ll see the first attempt failed :LOL:

That is rather nice - As said good and sharp, dof helps the background, nicely caught !!

Thanks, mate (y)

Now that's clever! You must be very co-ordinated:thinking:

Thanks ... I`m so right sided, it`s a real pita :LOL: But paper planes aren`t too hard ;)

Flight - Nicely captured and well lit. I smiled about your comment on the plane's nose.

Authority - This would have been quite a boring shot if you'd have just taken a snap of a badge. However with the cropping, angle and pp'ing you have made the image really stand out. I like it. Well done.

Flight - Nicely captured and well lit. I smiled about your comment on the plane's nose.

Authority - This would have been quite a boring shot if you'd have just taken a snap of a badge. However with the cropping, angle and pp'ing you have made the image really stand out. I like it. Well done.

I like your flight shot but really like the authority shot :clap:

Thanks guys (y)

Hi :paulie

Short - good composition, lighting, pov and dof. Altogether on theme and good shot

Flight - good oof background in a neutral colour and well captured plane. I tried to do that and got it hopelessly wrong so I am very much in awe of that throw/click technique.(y)

Authority. - can't help but agree with the other comments. Just a funny little mark above the top left of the 'T'

Hi :paulie

Short - good composition, lighting, pov and dof. Altogether on theme and good shot

Flight - good oof background in a neutral colour and well captured plane. I tried to do that and got it hopelessly wrong so I am very much in awe of that throw/click technique.(y)

Authority. - can't help but agree with the other comments. Just a funny little mark above the top left of the 'T'

Thanks, mate (y)
That mark is a pig of a scratch. I did think about cloning it out, but in the end, decided to leave it, as its actually covered in scratches anyway :D

Hi Paulie

Authority ....simple shot made a really good shot with use of angle , fab color & subtle but effective pp....as always....good work mister (y) Part of me still wants to see the whole of the badge though :runaway:

Flight....flippin heck ,is there no end to your talents...throw with one hand & shot with the other...I struggle enough holding the camera with both hands :LOL: Neat idea & well executed mister (y)

Hi Paulie

Authority ....simple shot made a really good shot with use of angle , fab color & subtle but effective pp....as always....good work mister (y) Part of me still wants to see the whole of the badge though :runaway:

Flight....flippin heck ,is there no end to your talents...throw with one hand & shot with the other...I struggle enough holding the camera with both hands :LOL: Neat idea & well executed mister (y)

Thanks, Lynne (y)

I like the unconventional, and do have the whole badge (straight), if you need a fix :D:LOL:

'Flight' - I like your concept, good focus too PW !

'Authority' - the colours and composition are very nice. I like the way the red border echos the lines below and above prefect. Nice crisp background too.

Nick

'Flight' - I like your concept, good focus too PW !

'Authority' - the colours and composition are very nice. I like the way the red border echos the lines below and above prefect. Nice crisp background too.

Nick

Thanks, Nick (y)

Bit of a cop out shot, but was running out of time, and ideas ... Went for a very minimalistic take.

Week 20: Leave by Paulie W, on Flickr

Great authority shot. I like the light.

I like your leave idea, but I think it needed something in the space.

Great authority shot. I like the light.

I like your leave idea, but I think it needed something in the space.

Thanks .... I waited a long time, so not to get anyone in shot :LOL:

'Leave' - i like the stark tones and works well in mono PW. The arrow pointing down to the vast expanse of nothing works for me.

(y)

Nick

Back