WBMT.....What baffled me today

I do over 200 miles a day, mostly on dual carriageways or 3 lane A-roads.

Is it just me?
Or has anyone else noticed the ever increasing habit, of a car you caught up with, quite quickly, accelerating away as you draw level starting to over take?
Or speeding off just as you are about to pull out to over take?
and 9/10 times slows down again and you catch up with them a couple of miles or so down the road?

Why? just why?

I suspect for no better reason than "because I can".

:sulk:
I think some ( possibly most) of the time they actually don't realise they are doing it (aka can't f*****g drive at a steady speed)
I usually match their speed and and ask them ( via mime) wtf is wrong with you?
Sometimes they back off, sometimes they drive even faster twatts!

It occurred to me that I hardly ever see a photograph taken by those most active in the general discussion forums.
So it baffles me why did they join a photography forum?

Is it just me?
Or has anyone else noticed the ever increasing habit, of a car you caught up with, quite quickly, accelerating away as you draw level starting to over take?
and 9/10 times slows down again and you catch up with them a couple of miles or so down the road?

Why? just why?
I do 90 miles on the motorway most days and see exactly the same thing. IME there are a few reasons, some are nodding off and wake up when someone gets close, some just can't maintain a constant speed and just unconciously accelerate as you come along side (although those usually just fall back when you are past), some just seem to be pure dicks and have no idea what they are doing.

some just seem to be pure dicks
And they certainly seem to be on the increase!

I hate folks that overtake you, then pull in and slow down to a speed less than I'm doing so I overtake them.
And that's another of my pets hates, along with those that sit up your arse, pushing to get past, so you pull in a gap to let them go "flying by" and they are doing my speed + 0.5 mph. At least have the decency to get out the bloody way!

And they certainly seem to be on the increase!

And that's another of my pets hates, along with those that sit up your arse, pushing to get past, so you pull in a gap to let them go "flying by" and they are doing my speed + 0.5 mph. At least have the decency to get out the bloody way!

Or those that think you should pull over so they cut in front and then have to pull out 1 second later to overtake the the next vehicle

Or those that think you should pull over so they cut in front and then have to pull out 1 second later to overtake the the next vehicle
And not forgetting the classic, I'm coming out of the slip road whatever, even if there is a car on my outside so I can't move over.
They are acceleration / deceleration lanes use your brain FFS and either accelerate and get in front or slow up and get behind!!

Is it just me?

Why? just why?

So I'm not the only one to come across this!

And not forgetting the classic, I'm coming out of the slip road whatever, even if there is a car on my outside so I can't move over.
They are acceleration / deceleration lanes use your brain FFS and either accelerate and get in front or slow up and get behind!!

Haha, same here. I even had some d******d gave me the
u8RrGi1.gif
just because I did not 'move' over for him.

READ the bloody Highway Code!
nvTlQFL.gif

Happened to me this morning.BMW driver was coming over regardless.
I honked my horn and he waved his fist and gave me the finger.

I hate folks that overtake you, then pull in and slow down to a speed less than I'm doing so I overtake them.
Not to mention the ever popular: "I can't get by this guy but I'm going to block the outer lane for the next 3 miles while I try"...

Panasonic GX7 8GB 09 P1130156.JPG

Yes that drives me nuts last time it happened the stupid b*****d beeped his horn too he was too stupid to realise that I couldn’t move over anyway as there was a van on my right

Haha, same here. I even had some d******d gave me the
u8RrGi1.gif
just because I did not 'move' over for him.
Happened to me this morning.BMW driver was coming over regardless.
I honked my horn and he waved his fist and gave me the finger.
Yes that drives me nuts last time it happened the stupid b*****d beeped his horn too he was too stupid to realise that I couldn’t move over anyway as there was a van on my right
It never ceases to amaze me, how someone does something incredibly stupid or inconsiderate in front of you, by the side of you, etc and its always your fault :rolleyes:

I've noticed that the rule whereby you stick your indicator on, and force your way into a gap or space that actually wasn't there in the first place, is now obsolete.
you just need to swing out without prior warning and the cars that were there, realise what you are about to do, and manage to evaporate for their convenience :rolleyes:

3 incidents on the way in this morning;
1. guys pulls across from entry/slip road straight into lane 3 (the lane I was in) of a 4 lane motorway as I'm rolling down the road at 70 and he pulls into my lane at 60, so I flashed him and what does he do, nothing, stays at 60 FFs, traffic in lane 1 & 2 was also doing 60.

Oh I just cant be bothered, the roads are full of idiots these days.

It never ceases to amaze me, how someone does something incredibly stupid or inconsiderate in front of you, by the side of you, etc and its always your fault :rolleyes:

I've noticed that the rule whereby you stick your indicator on, and force your way into a gap or space that actually wasn't there in the first place, is now obsolete.
you just need to swing out without prior warning and the cars that were there, realise what you are about to do, and manage to evaporate for their convenience :rolleyes:

Used to be mirror, signal, manoeuvre but now seems to be pull out, check mirror to see of the person you've cut up is bigger than you then signal using however many fingers are appropriate (if the following driver is smaller than you).

Used to be mirror, signal, manoeuvre but now seems to be pull out, check mirror to see of the person you've cut up is bigger than you then signal using however many fingers are appropriate (if the following driver is smaller than you).
That pretty much sums up the attitude these days :(

AKA Health and Safety in the UK. :D
I hope he had all his PPE on.
They may not pay out if they find his "head" wasn't covered :D

Reactions: rpn
Our dog.

We have a crossed fell terrier who doesn't like other dogs or people he doesn't know. Anyone he sees walking past the house gets barked at, as does any dog.

This extends to photos of 'dogs' on the PC and 'dogs' on TV. He will growl bark and jump towards the screen.

I have used quotes because, 'dogs', includes any mammal, eg lions, bears, bison, llamas, cats and even Sid the Sloth from Ice Age and the cartoon dog in the TSB advert View: https://BANNED/tsb/status/1090278396293197824

However, he does not react at all to any person on TV. Being anthropomorphic, he seems to understand that people in photos and on TV are not real, but 'thinks' animals are. Puzzled.

Dave

Last edited:
A bloke in his 60's strolling through Tesco car park, reaches into his shopping bag and takes out what initially looks like sandwiches wrapped in cling film. He opens it up and it turns out to be some sort of cake that he starts breaking up and chucking on the floor. Then he walks back to a woman who I assume is his wife, gives her the bag and she carries on breaking up the cake and chuck it on the floor.
Why would you feel the need to bring the cake to Tesco car park to feed the birds? After a handful of starlings and one seagull losing interest in the cake, there is just one solitary pigeon eating it. No other birds are interested in it. Perhaps it is that bad. :)

Woman parking in the space next to me in car park. Instead of just pulling into the space, she turns and pulls up to my front bumper and starts doing a 3 point turn manoeuvre to get into the space.

Did she then go in forward? :rolleyes:
Yes. If it was a case of thinking she might hit a car as she turned in, there were two empty adjacent spaces just a little further along. Her manoeuvre just made no sense. Unless she really enjoys doing 3 point turns.:)

Yes. If it was a case of thinking she might hit a car as she turned in, there were two empty adjacent spaces just a little further along. Her manoeuvre just made no sense. Unless she really enjoys doing 3 point turns.:)

An ex GF of mine was once reduced to tears in a car park as there were lots of spaces to choose from and she just couldn't decide where to park. She'd park in one but pull out into another and then repeat until she got so upset and stressed she burst into tears.

What gets me in car parks is when I park way out of the way and come back to find a car parked next to me with empty spaces all around. It's as if there's a heard mentality and people think lions are waiting to pick off anyone getting out of a car parked in clear space.

Actually, one last parking story. My neighbours sister used to always park in front of our house which was annoying as next door to them there's a field and she could park anywhere along the boundary fence as no one parks there as everyone parks outside their houses on the other side of the road. If she parked there she'd leave the front of our house clear and make it much easier for me to pull out, turn and drive off.

Anyway, one day we were in the car just belting up and getting ready to drive off when she arrived and as she couldn't park in her usual spot right in front of our house she drove straight past ignoring the 100m or so of clear road she could have park anywhere on, turned and stopped at the end of the road and waited for us to go and she then came back and parked in her usual space. Such is life.

Last edited:
Back