Webby Photo52 - Week 52 - Glass added

Hi, Adie, living, really great interpretation :clap: #2 is better, the red pops more and it does have a nice sterile feel to it. I'd like to see slightly higher elevation, that is looking down a bit more on the dish - you've clipped the bottom right of the bacteria.

Lighting, wow, that really is well lit. Almost like a professional product photograph...struggling to see anything to improve on...but at a push and being pedantically picky, maybe the text/symbols on the underside of the flash head are a tad soft.....sssoooo picky...

Cheers.

(love the new Avatar BTW!)

thanks... its really growing on me being in front of the camera more and more... Movember has really brought me out of my shell (y) whether it be james bond, the godfather or a loveable bond villian :shrug: ..or even del boy :thinking:

Hi Adie

sprry , seem to have missed a few weeks !

Lighting....definate magazine shot....your ability with lighting is always impressive (y)

Living....real out of the box thought for this which I like . The 2nd image is better for being less bright but ...& I hate saying this ....I can't see the focus point...all looks slightly oof to me ? Guesing that the thing in the background is some sort of scalpel...would have liked it either more in focus or not there at all . The lighting however , is as always...perfect :clap:

Safe........FANTASTIC....nuff said :clap:

Thanks all for your comments on my flash gun! Much appreciated.

Now this weeks challenge has totally underwhelmed me.

The theme's seem to be very week now we are near the end!

Anyway, not to b beaten, I looked for something cute that i had to hand.
Well most things I look at that I think are cute, my wife thinks I'm just being a perve!:LOL:

As I don't have kittens,puppies,babies,teddies, semi-clad young women in pig tails and not much else.. I needed to think outside the box.
Then one morning I spotted a lone mushroom growing in our garden, and to ME it looked kind of cute, but then I have always loved the look of fungi!! (I'm strange, I know!)

So anyway, this is cute to me!!!!! (And took a bit of flash effort to light it too!)

48-cute7x5.jpg

Now, please let's have a decent theme this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya Adie,

Just doing a quick catch up on commenting on Photo52 threads and noticed I've missed a few weeks here:

Excellent photo of the light, spot on focus and great composition too. :clap:

I prefer the less bright version of living and a great idea for the theme too.

Cute is fantastic .... I love fungi foraging so this is definitely cute to me. Great colour, pin sharp and complimented by the lovely DOF.

Well done, you have a great project to look back on.

Cheers

Dawn :)

I've been dying to get to your thread Adie, I wanted to see what you did for light.
But alas, my expectations have been shattered. Yes, its well lit, it's a nice angle, technically it's very well executed, but I was so looking forward to a multi lit, partly dressed gun toting lady, in a smokey atmosphere hiding behind the blinds of her poker den. I guess I'll have to settle for the very well lit strobe though :)

Living I prefer the second, I great outside of the box idea.

Cute, shame it's not a 'button' mushroom - get it?
It's well lit and has good detail

I hope you get themes you want for the last few weeks, I so enjoy your images.

Neil,
many thanks. To be honest I would love to have done the shot you described, but these "good" themes come at the wrong times, and the "boring underwhelming" themes come too often LOL. The trouble is, I have some good ideas, but they need a bit of time to set up. Getting a suitable model, and a location, and the odd prop or too takes more than the 7 days available to me, especially as work takes up most of that time LOL. When I do shoots with partly or non clad models, the weeks theme is always something totally un-usable for the shoot I was doing with the model, which is always annoying. :bang:
I have a great shot for light involving a great model, but I took it about 4 weeks ago, so I can't really use it!:crying:

But I might throw in a joker, just for you, at the end of the 52 and try to pull off a really moody shot involving a gun, a femme fettale (with not much on), and a dark smoky atmosphere! In fact, just the thought of it is inspiring me to make it so!

As for your cute comment, yeah I get it, and I really wish I could have pulled that shot off!
:D

But I might throw in a joker, just for you, at the end of the 52 and try to pull off a really moody shot involving a gun, a femme fettale (with not much on), and a dark smoky atmosphere! In fact, just the thought of it is inspiring me to make it so!

You've said it now :rules:

OK, almost there..

Here is a Noir style shot for week 49.......

"In the end, everybody talks!"

49-Talkweb.jpg

A three strobe set up, and the bruises were added in PS using the burn tool on midtones.

Rgds

Adie

Adie ...... Ahem.... My first thought was...are there issues adie wants to talk about....but then realised what the photo was more about. Well done. Love the lighting. The head turned from the light. Just needed someone standing by holding a chihauhau but that's the cherry...

Hiya Adie,

Bloody Hell Fire .... what can I say .... but you have totally tickled me with your sadomasochistic side with this shot :naughty:

For me .... you just progress each week .... and I always look forward to see what you produce .... especially 'Noir' .... you literally hit the nail on the head every time .... so to speak.

OMG your image has me so turned on .....not sure if that is good or bad ..... but it has impact ..... big time! So from a photographer's point of view, I believe you have succeeded.

Post the Photo52 for 2011, you are one person I would love to maintain contact with. because I feel you have the knowledge and expertise, especially regards lighting .....to get me to where it is I want to take my photography.

You have already provided me with such valuable advice and information in your Master Classes over the past few months, of which I am so appreciative of and every time I pick up the camera I remember same.

You are a great guy Adie .... and another diamond to the TP experience.

Luv u babes

Dxxx

Hell's teeth....that's a bit :nuts:

Liking this one, as you say, menacing.

I like the lighting; shadows; the menacing, furtive figure in the rear.

I find myself wondering what's going through both character's minds.

Cheers.

Hell's teeth....that's a bit :nuts:

Liking this one, as you say, menacing.

I like the lighting; shadows; the menacing, furtive figure in the rear.

I find myself wondering what's going through both character's minds.

Cheers.

(y)(y)(y)

;););)

I love this shot!

Almost there.... Just two more themes to go, and if I can over the Christmas break, catch up on the two themes I missed when I was on holiday!

Here is my Weather entry, quickly grabbed during a very short lived snow fall at home (it only lasted about 10 mins, and in that time I needed to set up and water proof my OCF)!

Keeping with my Film Noir theme, I was inspired by the old films where the detective is standing under a lamp late at night in the snow or rain.

Hope you all enjoy...

50-weather2web.jpg

Adie

Loving the last two images, it really shows that light and the control of it really makes an image.

I spotted the Talk shot on my flickr page, I resisted looking at the full size, but from the thumb nail image I new which theme it was for.

As Lynne said, I'll have to keep an eye on your shots post 52, lots of inspiration.

Now don't forget what we discussed, guns and women etc!!

Hiya Adie,

Well what can I say .... but WOW! .... you certainly know what you are doing with lighting and always managed to get it spot on.

I too will be looking at, and learning from your shots post the Photo 52.

Cheers

Loving the last two images, it really shows that light and the control of it really makes an image.

I spotted the Talk shot on my flickr page, I resisted looking at the full size, but from the thumb nail image I new which theme it was for.

As Lynne said, I'll have to keep an eye on your shots post 52, lots of inspiration.

Now don't forget what we discussed, guns and women etc!!

Many thanks, and I am working on the girls and guns theme! I have a few ideas, I'm just trying to find a model now:)

Adie, that's a cracker (y) Again :D

Many thanks :D

Hiya Adie,

Well what can I say .... but WOW! .... you certainly know what you are doing with lighting and always managed to get it spot on.

I too will be looking at, and learning from your shots post the Photo 52.

Cheers

And again, I have a few ideas about what I'm going to do for 2012....

Hi ya Adie

another pair of wonderful shots...Talk & Weather (y)

Talk....brilliant idea , the guy in the background ,for me, could do with being a bit more obvious ? Can't offer any crit on lighting as no idea how you do what you do but the results are always great :clap:

Weather.....oh yes...love it....has a Bogart feel to it....fantastic :clap::clap:

Almost there.... Just two more themes to go, and if I can over the Christmas break, catch up on the two themes I missed when I was on holiday!

Here is my Weather entry, quickly grabbed during a very short lived snow fall at home (it only lasted about 10 mins, and in that time I needed to set up and water proof my OCF)!

Keeping with my Film Noir theme, I was inspired by the old films where the detective is standing under a lamp late at night in the snow or rain.

Hope you all enjoy...

50-weather2web.jpg

Adie

Adie, that's rubbish. Really, it's a very bad photograph. You've really let yourself down here and, indeed, the rest of this thread.

I demand you remove this photograph immediately.....PLEASE...:razz:

Great clarity and detail. Well composed and lit.

I'm off....

Cheers.

Adie ..awesome weather. The snow was short lived and you captured it well in that time....I know those films so well...though mine are more where the man is left to freeze on the fire escape as her husband has come home early....

Well, since Sarah has thrown me a lifeline with an old theme, I'm using a joker, and posting an old photo (was still taken with 52 in mind a couple of months ago).

This is a NSFW shot, so you will need to click on the link to see it. It is no worse than my other NSFW shots I have posted, so don't be shy ;)

Click HERE for week 51 - LIGHT

Happy Christmas everyone!

Adie

OK, to keep everyone happy, I have revised the Light shot, and adjusted the shadow! Would hate for anyone else to thinkthe old shadow looked like them :)

So, here is the linky to the revised shot!

Revised entry of 51 HERE

Merry Christmas

Back