weekly Yvette's 52 for 2020

Nice moody looking image.I think you've got the balance of sky and foreground just right too. Nicely done.

Now that is a super image Yvette, marvellous moody tone which perfectly suits the subject!:clap:
I keep meaning to go down to visit Orford Ness...it's about an hours drive from me - looks fascinating!
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more of your images over the coming weeks/moths Yvette(y)

Nice shot, I think 'moody' sums it up for sure. :)

As said above, nice moody shot with a nice sky to match, what type of building is it with the pillars ???

It’s one of 2 ‘Pagodas’, purpose built buildings at the AWRE in Orford Ness, (Army Weapons Research Establishment). The NT do Photography Days there, a group of about 12. They try to tell you about the buildings, but the photographers were mainly interested in snapping the abandoned ruins. I didn’t realise the significance of it all until I read the book I bought TOH as a present...[emoji16]

Nicely shot and definitely interesting. Went there on the ferry for a walk about.. if I recall lots of signs warning of potential live ammunition :eek:

Blimey you are tall almost being eye to eye with the Giraffe :D

He seems to be taking great pleasure from the Arcadia (y)

One person's pleasure... Doesn't look tasty to me, but fits the brief as the giraffe is certainly finding it pleasurable! Beautiful and sharp on the eye as well - nicely done :)

Well its licking its lips so must be enjoying it, great image

Hi Yvette, that's a strong image for last week's theme with a bold silhouette and great details in the sky. Looks like an interesting place to visit.

The giraffe definitely looks as though it's relishing its meal! Such beautiful animals and it looks like you got eye contact too. Good choice for the theme (y)

local interest - I like the moody sky, silhouette works very well

pleasure - only giraffes find acacia trees delicious... Great photo, well captured (y)

Nicely laid out Yvette.
Nice and colourful too.

Hi Yvette
WOW, was my first comment... this is a very creative and colourful image. Sometimes we all head out and take a literal photo, this shows creativity and going outside the box which the rest of us have comfortably stayed inside of. I like this shot, thumbs up from me.

Double the wow... makes something so mundane look amazing.

Very well done, great colours. It maybe simple, but it works well.

Amazing colours, simple but effective!

Back